You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark vs Ireland 07/06/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Personally I think Randolph, Coleman, Duffy, Stevens, Whelan and Hendrick are all nailed on starters for this match. When you consider Mick’s previous team selections for Gibraltar and Georgia and current form for clubs, I think the attached starting 11 is likely! Both Keogh and Egan are in flying form for their respective Championship clubs but Mick selected Keogh for the two matches against Gibraltar and Georgia so I see no reason why he’d make a change. I see Mick sticking with Hourihane over the likes of Browne and Arter. All 3 players are playing regularly for their clubs but Hourihane got the winner against Georgia so that will probably give him the nod to start this game. Now I don’t see Mick using Doherty as a winger again. He seemed to categorically rule that out after the Gibraltar match. Both Brady and McClean are not starting for their respective clubs so I think it’s likely they will lose their places in the starting 11. On the other hand Robinson and O’Dowda are both playing regularly for their respective clubs. I think their form has been pretty good this season as well in regards to goals and assists. Both players were not in the squad for the March international break due to injuries. I think they both would have started if they were fit and they will get the nod this time. McGoldrick has just won player of the year for Sheffield United. He’s had a very impressive season for the promoted side. However Shane Long’s recent goal scoring form for Premier League Southampton could tempt Mick. I think he’ll stick with McGoldrick for this game because of his ability to hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into the game. I don’t think Long is that type of player but Mick might just go with the Premier League striker. It is a hard one to call!

McClean for O'Dowda and I'd wager a sizable sum that will be starting 11 for Denmark. 
Sponsored Links

AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Personally I think Randolph, Coleman, Duffy, Stevens, Whelan and Hendrick are all nailed on starters for this match. When you consider Mick’s previous team selections for Gibraltar and Georgia and current form for clubs, I think the attached starting 11 is likely! Both Keogh and Egan are in flying form for their respective Championship clubs but Mick selected Keogh for the two matches against Gibraltar and Georgia so I see no reason why he’d make a change. I see Mick sticking with Hourihane over the likes of Browne and Arter. All 3 players are playing regularly for their clubs but Hourihane got the winner against Georgia so that will probably give him the nod to start this game. Now I don’t see Mick using Doherty as a winger again. He seemed to categorically rule that out after the Gibraltar match. Both Brady and McClean are not starting for their respective clubs so I think it’s likely they will lose their places in the starting 11. On the other hand Robinson and O’Dowda are both playing regularly for their respective clubs. I think their form has been pretty good this season as well in regards to goals and assists. Both players were not in the squad for the March international break due to injuries. I think they both would have started if they were fit and they will get the nod this time. McGoldrick has just won player of the year for Sheffield United. He’s had a very impressive season for the promoted side. However Shane Long’s recent goal scoring form for Premier League Southampton could tempt Mick. I think he’ll stick with McGoldrick for this game because of his ability to hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into the game. I don’t think Long is that type of player but Mick might just go with the Premier League striker. It is a hard one to call!

O'Dowda has been injured for the last 5/6 weeks FYI.

Latest update: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/lee-johnson-mystery-callum-odowdas-2799490

Oh crap I thought he had returned! McClean might keep his spot so if he’s regularly starting. I thought he was a more bit part player for Stoke this season. Robinson was playing really well before his injury in December and I think he has scored a few since returning to fitness. He has 12 goals this season which is decent for a player who has been injured for a few months. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:08pm
Mcclean might be a regular starter but hes brutal so limited.

Should be kept as an impact sub.
They've only gone and done it
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

O'Dowda is injured and McClean is playing weekly for stoke, but your correct about Brady. McClean is one of few starters we have so can't see him being dropped 

The majority of our first choice eleven would be regarded as club starters.

Randolph, Coleman, Doherty, Duffy, Keogh, Egan, Stevens, Robinson, McGoldrick and Hendrick are all regarded as starters for their clubs. Most of them would be considered as important starters at that.

Whelan, Long, Hourihane, Arter, O'Dowda and Maguire all feature regularly when fit too, but do not always start.

It's not correct to say that James McClean is one of the few club starters that we have.

The only players we have in the squad that are in desperate need of game time are Robbie Brady and James McCarthy. I'd expect both to be playing regular football in some capacity next season.

Sorry I should have corrected myself by saying one of the few in his position. It's not an area that we're currently overloaded in.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:33pm
With O'Dowda injured and McClean not on flying form, anyone think Dundalk's Michael Duffy could be in with a shout of making the squad? Or any other LOI lads along with Jack Byrne?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:38pm

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

O'Dowda is injured and McClean is playing weekly for stoke, but your correct about Brady. McClean is one of few starters we have so can't see him being dropped 

The majority of our first choice eleven would be regarded as club starters.

Randolph, Coleman, Doherty, Duffy, Keogh, Egan, Stevens, Robinson, McGoldrick and Hendrick are all regarded as starters for their clubs. Most of them would be considered as important starters at that.

Whelan, Long, Hourihane, Arter, O'Dowda and Maguire all feature regularly when fit too, but do not always start.

It's not correct to say that James McClean is one of the few club starters that we have.

The only players we have in the squad that are in desperate need of game time are Robbie Brady and James McCarthy. I'd expect both to be playing regular football in some capacity next season.

Sorry I should have corrected myself by saying one of the few in his position. It's not an area that we're currently overloaded in.

Fair enough, we're not over stocked with inform options on the wing at the moment.

There are still ways to keep McClean out of the team though.

I think we could deploy Robinson and McGoldrick on the wings, with Long upfront. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

With O'Dowda injured and McClean not on flying form, anyone think Dundalk's Michael Duffy could be in with a shout of making the squad? Or any other LOI lads along with Jack Byrne?
I love this every so often Michael Duffys name gets thrown out when there are oceans of players ahead of him.
Id have to say no chance we will see any LOI player with the exception of Byrne who will only get in if we are hit with a number of withdrawals 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:23am
On current form Michael Duffy is the best player in the league including Byrne. Would do a job in the Championship no bother and is getting better all the time. Had more in his locker than McLean.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 30 Apr 2019 at 10:23am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:35am
Yeah, but does he have more in his locker than McClean?

Seriously though, has he improved that much this season? Because up to now he hasn’t been anywhere near good enough. If Duffy is the best player in the league it would suggest there is no one in the league currently good enough.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:50am
I cant see him making a difference the last few who have come from the LOI haven't made a impact at international level unfortunately 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yeah, but does he have more in his locker than McClean?

Seriously though, has he improved that much this season? Because up to now he hasn’t been anywhere near good enough. If Duffy is the best player in the league it would suggest there is no one in the league currently good enough.

Wouldnt take much to have more in your locker than McLean but he has been playing very well. Some of the goals he scored latley have been top class similar to Horgan who is playing very well for Hibs at the minute
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:33pm
LOL McClean!!!!!

Horgan scored two good goals against Hearts, but he is woefully inconsistent, even within games, and I don’t think he should be in the squad. It is the age old problem on here of arguing about who our third and fourth choices should be, but the same people who think McGeady should be nowhere near the squad due to his problems with the final ball seem to be the same ones pushing for Horgan, who is unbelievably frustrating in this regard. 

Unless Duffy has improved an awful lot since last season, he isn’t as good as Horgan. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:51pm
Duffy should get on the phone to Martin O’Neill. Could be a very smart, cheap signing for Forest.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL McClean!!!!!

Horgan scored two good goals against Hearts, but he is woefully inconsistent, even within games, and I don’t think he should be in the squad. It is the age old problem on here of arguing about who our third and fourth choices should be, but the same people who think McGeady should be nowhere near the squad due to his problems with the final ball seem to be the same ones pushing for Horgan, who is unbelievably frustrating in this regard. 

Unless Duffy has improved an awful lot since last season, he isn’t as good as Horgan. 

I was talking about Duffy not McLean, anyway Horgans form has been great last while, hopfully kicks on now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:11pm
So was I! I’m just telling how to f**king spell McClean! I find it amazing that we can all spend unhealthy amounts of time thinking, talking, complaining, watching and writing about these guys and we still can’t spell the name on the back of their shirt! It is a short step from spelling your own name wrong.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:20pm
              Randolph

Coleman Duffy Keogh Stevens

McCarthy
       Hendrick     Hourihane

O’Dowda   McGoldrick  Robinson

Please and thank you 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Randolph

Coleman Duffy Keogh Stevens

McCarthy
       Hendrick     Hourihane

O’Dowda   McGoldrick  Robinson

Please and thank you 

Long has to be in the team on current form. Put McGoldrick where you have O’Dowda and Long up front. 

Also feel that this game will come too soon for James McCarthy. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:36pm
McCarthy has only played ten minutes in over a year! Whelan should start and will start, I'm still not sure about Hendrick and Hourihane together in a game like this. It worked against Georgia, but Denmark have a much better midfield than Georgia, and ourselves, so playing two players who like to go missing seems risky. We are pretty f**ked in there, which means Arter, as sh*te as he is,  should start by default.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 35>
  Share Topic