You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 158>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 11:24am
129K with reserved seat Copenhagen to Aarhus, happy with that. Hope the train back after midnight is as reasonable a price.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Sponsored Links

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:16pm
cheers lads 👍
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:50pm
I'm trying to book the train from Copenhagen to Aarhus for the Sunday (with return on the Tuesday) but am getting a price of DKK 388 for one way. Is that right? Seems very expensive.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:58pm
Jaysus lads - All this talk of trains. When is anybody going to focus on the important stuff like the pickpocket situation in Aarhus and somebody telling me how much money I need to bring.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by keano10 keano10 wrote:

I'm trying to book the train from Copenhagen to Aarhus for the Sunday (with return on the Tuesday) but am getting a price of DKK 388 for one way. Is that right? Seems very expensive.

For some reason, the tickets for that weekend are all full price. I'm guessing they should come down but I've no idea when.

There's a workaround for €30 each way but I'd recommend not biting on that yet.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:37pm
When should I order my revolut card?
Danger here, OH NO
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm
booked the 10.52 train on the day of the match for €18 so not too bad. People who are worrying about the price for the Sunday train, there is the option of the bus it takes three and a half hours but is only like €15 each way.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 11:31pm
Trains for Tuesday 20th November are on sale now on the Danish Railways website.

Just booked mine from Aarhus to Copenhagen Central but it was a bit dearer than for the previous day, 159KR. Considering I've to be at CPH airport in time for a lunchtime flight, I wasn't so keen to chance leaving it till tomorrow morning to book it this time.

Edited by ConorMac77 - 19 Sep 2018 at 11:35pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:22am
Just booked 20th Nov. Aarhus to Copenhagen for less than €19, includes seat reservation to Copenhagen and onward ticket for train to airport.  Nice price. 

Skelly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:08am
Is arriving at Copenhagen Airport @ 9.30am for a 10.20am flight too tight? Can't remember the size/layout of CA
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Skelly Skelly wrote:

Is arriving at Copenhagen Airport @ 9.30am for a 10.20am flight too tight? Can't remember the size/layout of CA

It a big enough Airport tbh, it looks pretty tight as is I would get an earlier train myself
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:21am

It's a bit of a walk from the entrance to security but after that it's not too bad
Danger here, OH NO
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

It a big enough Airport tbh, it looks pretty tight as is I would get an earlier train myself

listen to NR Skelly..........no one understands "tightness" more than him
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:08am

Last year it was the bones of a twenty minute walk from the time we exited the train/metro to the departure gates Ryanair use so you could arrive at your gate and find the gate closed as per ryanairs t&c's

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 20 Sep 2018 at 9:09am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:14am
I think I ended up queuing for about 15/20 mins for security last year on the way back. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:18am

What NR says - When I travelled there for the play-off last year, I found CPH to be quite big alright and the walk from the arrival gate to the public side of the airport seemed to be never-ending, probably because the flight was with Ryanair and their planes are parked at a more remote wing of the airport. I'd guess it's a similar size to the likes of Gatwick or Manchester. 

I can't speak for departures as I used Malmo airport for flying home but I'm not taking any chances, I'm giving myself about 2 hours.  It might seem a bit much but I'd rather be looking at the boarding gate than looking for it when the flight starts boarding. 

@Skelly - If you're flight is with one of the budget airlines, I'd definitely give myself about 2 hours if I were you and book an earlier train to get there. Thumbs Up
Skelly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

What NR says - When I travelled there for the play-off last year, I found CPH to be quite big alright and the walk from the arrival gate to the public side of the airport seemed to be never-ending, probably because the flight was with Ryanair and their planes are parked at a more remote wing of the airport. I'd guess it's a similar size to the likes of Gatwick or Manchester. 

I can't speak for departures as I used Malmo airport for flying home but I'm not taking any chances, I'm giving myself about 2 hours.  It might seem a bit much but I'd rather be looking at the boarding gate than looking for it when the flight starts boarding. 

@Skelly - If you're flight is with one of the budget airlines, I'd definitely give myself about 2 hours if I were you and book an earlier train to get there. Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The cheap trains from Aarhus don't get into Copenhagen Airport in good enough time for the 10.20am to Gatwick.

It ended up cheaper for me to book a flight from Billund and change my Copenhagen - Gatwick flight to Stannstead - Belfast.

Plus I avoid having to get a 5am train!

We all dream of a team of Gary Breens
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:46am

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The cheap trains from Aarhus don't get into Copenhagen Airport in good enough time for the 10.20am to Gatwick.

It ended up cheaper for me to book a flight from Billund and change my Copenhagen - Gatwick flight to Stannstead - Belfast.

Plus I avoid having to get a 5am train!

Yeah, just had a look at DSB and it looks like those early morning trains have already become dear enough - the 6.40am train I booked last night has already jumped 100 KR so I'm glad I went ahead and booked it last night.

You're probably as well just booking new flights then. And at least you'll get something of a lie-in now compared to getting a 5am train! LOL

Just a cautionary note though, Stansted may be smaller than Gatwick but the queues for security there can be horrendous so hopefully you've built in plenty of time to transfer to that Belfast flight. Again, you may actually need about 2 hours, especially if your inbound flight arrives at one of the satellite terminals where you may need to wait for one of those driverless trains to arrive to get you to the main building. Coming home from the Poland trip in Warsaw 3 years ago, we were waiting at least 5-10 minutes for one of those yokes to arrive. If you are going to be cutting it fine, you might be as well to buy a fast-track pass to get through security. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 158>
  Share Topic