You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 158>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

It snowed on the morning of the match.  Nice and warm in the bars though. 
Don't remember any snow either - unless you're thinking of Vienna the previous year (I remember it snowing the day of that match but not enough to settle on the ground).  Copenhagen was cold alright though, but that was more due to a bitter wind-chill.

You're right actually, it was Vienna!!!
That means nothing to me...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Managed to get a full refund, dont know how but did!Wink

Unless you paid quite a lot for those flights, why get the refund? What's your alternative?
City Till I Die
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 10:00am
In case it helps anyone, I've just booked a flight back for the day after the game from Billund to Heathrow with British Airways for £31.

Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

In case it helps anyone, I've just booked a flight back for the day after the game from Billund to Heathrow with British Airways for £31.

Any idea what the transport links are like between Billund and Aarhus? Ryanair flight at 10.40 the morning after the game back into Stansted
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Any idea what the transport links are like between Billund and Aarhus? Ryanair flight at 10.40 the morning after the game back into Stansted

The last time we were in Aarhus there was an hourly bus between the two and took just over an hour. Its almost as close to Aarhus as Aarhus airport is.
I know nothing :-)
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Unless you paid quite a lot for those flights, why get the refund? What's your alternative?

2 of us paid 100 quid for those flights, in the mean time, 2 of the other lads got the time off work and want to go also.

The 2 of us were gonna drive from Copenhagen and it was just over 3 hours to Aarhus.

Now that the 2 of us have gotten 100 quid back from SAS, the 4 of us are now booked on a 40 euro return flight to Hamburg, and are gonna drive the 3.5 hours to Aarhus.

Anything else you would like to know??LOLLOLLOL
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:03pm
Whats hotels/area best to stay in Aarhus ?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Good crowd of us staying in the hostel city sleep-in

Edited by ringerbell - 17 Aug 2018 at 9:46pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:47pm
yea two of us staying on the hostel, good an central plus cheap, what more could you ask for.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Goid crowd of us staying in the hostel city sleep-in

Just booked here myself. 
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 11:45pm

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

2 of us paid 100 quid for those flights, in the mean time, 2 of the other lads got the time off work and want to go also.

The 2 of us were gonna drive from Copenhagen and it was just over 3 hours to Aarhus.

Now that the 2 of us have gotten 100 quid back from SAS, the 4 of us are now booked on a 40 euro return flight to Hamburg, and are gonna drive the 3.5 hours to Aarhus.

What happened Tipp in the hurling 
I know nothing :-)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:29am

We are booked into the Cabinn Hotel - Think there are a few in there also.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

The last time we were in Aarhus there was an hourly bus between the two and took just over an hour. Its almost as close to Aarhus as Aarhus airport is.

https://www.midttrafik.dk/media/12315/912_k18_dansk.pdf

https://www.midttrafik.dk/english/tickets-and-prices/prices/airport-buses/

160 Kroner (just over €20). 8am bus gets in about 9:25 - may be a bit tight for the 10:40 flight, mind. The 7am bus makes a few more stops but still gets in at 8:35.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 5:18pm

Nah, that’s my curiosity more than satisfied.  I’d booked the same flights, but I just wouldn’t have imagined that alternative flights, or accommodation in Århus, would still be in any way reasonable.  You’re an inspiration! Big smile

So I’ve now got on Dublin-Gdansk-Aarhus, followed by Ålborg-Stansted-Belfast International for €71 in total.  Less travelling time and saved on the cost of the train from Copenhagen.  Cancelled the SAS flight, and I’m even €20 better off.

Booked into that Sleep-In spot as well.  Stayed there before, it’s spot on.
City Till I Die
Scoopy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:34pm
Flying into Copenhagen on the Saturday , just wondering are many people staying in Aarhus or getting the train up and back
The Lucky Lepre View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lucky Lepre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 1:50pm
Is anyone running a return bus from Copenhagen to Aarhus on match day? If so I would have a few looking on it
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Scoopy Scoopy wrote:

Flying into Copenhagen on the Saturday , just wondering are many people staying in Aarhus or getting the train up and back
I'd say 99.9% are staying in Äarhus. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 3:19pm
Hamburg trains on sale now, bahn.com. That's for any day up to the day after the match.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 158>
  Share Topic