You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 158>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Anyone looking for an alternative way to get from Aarhus to Copenhagen there's an option of a seaplane and the journey time is only 45 minutes and it saves you the bother of making your way out to the airport in Aarhus as it departs from the city centre. However it seems to come at a premium with fares about €240.

Or just fly direct to Dublin for about €200

In a seaplane ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 11:28pm
Bit of a long shot i know, but what chance have i of cancelling the original SAS flights i had booked and getting refunded at this stage due to the change they made back in May/June?

====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Bit of a long shot i know, but what chance have i of cancelling the original SAS flights i had booked and getting refunded at this stage due to the change they made back in May/June?

Think it was either 7days or 10days to get a refund, something around that as i hopped on them.

Id say your outta luck unfortunately. 
eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 11:47pm

I got away with it a month or so after they made the change, worth giving them a call.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:35am

Changed just my return flight over a month later, and was only able to get back taxes & charges, but in saying that, another mate changed theirs 2 or 3 days before me and got full refund- it might be a case of being lucky who you get to talk to, as some of the other replies also seem to indicate. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
pmn View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:01pm
In relation to train tickets to Aarhus can anyone confirm if there is a major difference between the seats with the orange tickets, standard tickets and DSB 1 tickets? 

Thanks.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:54pm
Managed to get a full refund, dont know how but did!Wink
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Anyone looking for an alternative way to get from Aarhus to Copenhagen there's an option of a seaplane and the journey time is only 45 minutes and it saves you the bother of making your way out to the airport in Aarhus as it departs from the city centre. However it seems to come at a premium with fares about €240.

Actually that’s Not too bad for a 45 min flight in a seaplane would save me an early start 

Edit -Flight times wouldn’t be great for me 1st one too early 2nd too late and not sure if they fly oct Nov likely because of weather ?

Why the fuk could we not have got Denmark away in sept instead of bloody wales 

Cardiff is lovely in September and the Taff river is positively glistening right now ;-)
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by pmn pmn wrote:

In relation to train tickets to Aarhus can anyone confirm if there is a major difference between the seats with the orange tickets, standard tickets and DSB 1 tickets? 

Thanks.

Orange tickets are 99kr.
Standard price is 388kr.
DSB 1 is 568kr.

You may want to add a seat reservation to an Orange price, at 30kr. extra
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 9:38am
What date does the train tickets go live for our game ?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 11:52am
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

Actually that’s Not too bad for a 45 min flight in a seaplane would save me an early start 

Edit -Flight times wouldn’t be great for me 1st one too early 2nd too late and not sure if they fly oct Nov likely because of weather ?

Cardiff is lovely in September and the Taff river is positively glistening right now ;-)

We got Denmark in Nov last year when it was wet and windy , and we are getting them again in Nov when it will likely be the same . If  its  a  toss up between Copenhagen/arhaus and Cardiff the vast majority would go for the former . Similar to yourself with Dublin I would imagine
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

We got Denmark in Nov last year when it was wet and windy , and we are getting them again in Nov when it will likely be the same . If  its  a  toss up between Copenhagen/arhaus and Cardiff the vast majority would go for the former . Similar to yourself with Dublin I would imagine

Don't remember any rain. I remember it being freezing cold though
Danger here, OH NO
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 1:12pm
It snowed on the morning of the match.  Nice and warm in the bars though. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I think it's 60 days out. Orange tickets are the best option.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Don't remember any snow either - unless you're thinking of Vienna the previous year (I remember it snowing the day of that match but not enough to settle on the ground).  Copenhagen was cold alright though, but that was more due to a bitter wind-chill.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Don't remember any snow either - unless you're thinking of Vienna the previous year (I remember it snowing the day of that match but not enough to settle on the ground).  Copenhagen was cold alright though, but that was more due to a bitter wind-chill.

You're right actually, it was Vienna!!!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:42pm
Got a refund 2 weeks ago.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I think it's 60 days out. Orange tickets are the best option.
Thumbs Up  SD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 158>
  Share Topic