You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 158>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

just wondering have people cancelled both flights in and out of Copenhagen or just the return flight? Is anyone gonna stay in Copenhagen or just in Aarhus. Didn’t see much of Copenhagen last time but getting back from Aarhus for flight home is a pain 

No, I kept my flight over to Copenhagen. I'll sort a route home at some point.
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:09am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

just wondering have people cancelled both flights in and out of Copenhagen or just the return flight? Is anyone gonna stay in Copenhagen or just in Aarhus. Didn’t see much of Copenhagen last time but getting back from Aarhus for flight home is a pain 

Yeah cancelled both flights no point in getting up at the craic of dawn after a night on the beer or even sleeping it out, imo the hamburg route is the best option. Short walk to the station and fall back to sleep on the train.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 3:11pm
I'm flying into Aalborg from London (Stansted). Works out around €160 return. Aalborg is an hour bus journey from Aarhus. The airport in Aarhus is still a 45 minute journey to the city centre so will be making that bus journey regardless. Not sure what other people have found into Aarhus but it seems to be up over the €200 mark.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:42am
Booked my train from London to Hamburg for the Sunday. Choo choo, b*tches. Still a fair bit more to book, but I'm getting out there for about €150, by land the whole way.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:05am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Booked my train from London to Hamburg for the Sunday. Choo choo, b*tches. Still a fair bit more to book, but I'm getting out there for about €150, by land the whole way.
Sorry to say this Dave but Irish sea and North sea not quite land  Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

He has that sorted too 

https://goo.gl/Y3HyRw

Edited by eireland - 07 Jun 2018 at 7:13am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Ah yes. By train from Holyhead then (with a slight walk from Euston to St Pancras, if you're being extra pedantic).
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 6:05pm
How much is a train from Hamburg to Aarhus return SD? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 6:12pm
Depends how far in advance you book it. They go on sale about 3 months out - they start at €29.90 each way. Rock up in the station and it's €82.60 each way (ouch). So don't do that.

Having said that, if there are a few of you, and you book in the station, it is a bit cheaper. You can get a ticket for two on the day for about €50 each, afaik... but don't bank on that. Book it in advance.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 07 Jun 2018 at 6:14pm
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:13pm

Depends how far in advance you book it. They go on sale about 3 months out - they start at €29.90 each way. Rock up in the station and it's €82.60 each way (ouch). So don't do that.

Having said that, if there are a few of you, and you book in the station, it is a bit cheaper. You can get a ticket for two on the day for about €50 each, afaik... but don't bank on that. Book it in advance.

Cheers! Any idea where i can find info on what other cities i can get the train from Aarhus too?. Would love to find a place thay flys directly into Belfast. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:51pm
Really is nowhere else close. Denmark is a peninsula and Hamburg is the closest place.

Berlin is 6h40m away - that's a bit much, tbh. It's a minimum of €40 each way, too.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:11am
looking at 2 options for Sunday to Tuesday.

1) Dub- Stansted - Aarhus and Aarhus-Copenhagen-dublin comes in at about 300 each

or

2) Dub Hamburg return with a car hire 100 each
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:54am
driving up from hamburg day of game and back the morning after, can take 2 more 3 at a push, heading back to hamburg next morning
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 8:22am
Ryanair have put on direct flights from Dublin to Aarhus for 99.99 each way. Gets you in at 9.40 on the day of the match and out at 15.15 the day after.

Edited by keano10 - 23 Jun 2018 at 8:23am
eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 11:26am
Great shout, thanks! Cancelled SAS and booked this instead. 👍🏽👍🏽
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:07am
Seen the price on the Direct Ryanair flights have jumped a few euro, Many booked on to this ?  
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 1:59pm
Yes Im booked for 4 people return at 99 each way. I kept my own return from Copenhagen as not coming back until Wednesday
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Yes Im booked for 4 people return at 99 each way. I kept my own return from Copenhagen as not coming back until Wednesday

Saw your post on this topic so was wondering if you'd be back for this one alright !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 158>
  Share Topic