You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 158>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:31pm
Doubt it's enough, certainly no legal obligation to refund. They do offer a refund within 24 hours of purchase though.
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:35pm
But they do say if you don't respond in TEN days you accept the changes,  so what happens if you do respond?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

But they do say if you don't respond in TEN days you accept the changes,  so what happens if you do respond?

No idea, maybe they do give refunds but it's not industry standard or required, no harm in people asking.
Qazaishvili View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qazaishvili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:49pm
Just off the phone. SAS have agreed to pay me a full refund on the flight home due to the 20 min  change in time - 50 EUR! I booked the outbound from Dublin with a different airline. Not sure if you would get a full return if you had booked return flights with SAS.  
"..but the fools, the fools, the fools! they have left us our Fenian dead..."
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:50pm
From SAS t & cs: 

Before we accept your booking, we or our Authorized Agents will
notify you of the scheduled flight time in effect as of that time, and it will
be shown on your Ticket. It is possible we may need to change the
scheduled flight time subsequent to issuance of your Ticket. If you pro-
vide us with contact information, we will endeavour to notify you of any
such changes. If, after you make your reservation, we make a change to
the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are
unable to book you on an alternate flight on us, which is acceptable to
you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 10.2.
Furthermore we will be liable for any proven losses caused by our
schedule change according to applicable law and the provisions of Article
15.4 will apply.
Qazaishvili View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qazaishvili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:51pm

(01) 844 5440 - SAS 

"..but the fools, the fools, the fools! they have left us our Fenian dead..."
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Qazaishvili Qazaishvili wrote:

Just off the phone. SAS have agreed to pay me a full refund on the flight home due to the 20 min  change in time - 50 EUR! I booked the outbound from Dublin with a different airline. Not sure if you would get a full return if you had booked return flights with SAS.  

Good stuff. 

Unfortunately I cancelled before the times changed, would have received a full refund if I had waited. 

I still think the Danish FA are c**ts though.  Big smile 

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:14pm
Fair play lads. I just cancelled my flight there and will be getting a full refund.

Edited by Paulie - 24 May 2018 at 1:14pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:14pm
€538 pps for this with Abbey - 08:00 flight out on matchday direct to Aarhus, 13:00 flight back the following day, three star hotel.

It can be done independently for little over a third of that, albeit without direct flights.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:36pm
Both mine were changed but only by a few minutes. Doesn't exactly warrant a refund to be honest
Danger here, OH NO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Both mine were changed but only by a few minutes. Doesn't exactly warrant a refund to be honest

No it dosnt but thats the benefit of not flying lowcost, Ryanairs policy is +/- 3 hrs, but who gives a toss, I was landed with two flights for two people that were pretty much useless to me, they moved my flight by ten minutes and they offer me a full refund all I can say is Thank you very much.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:07pm
SAS are a great crowd, refunded my total cost nearly £700 when I inadvertantly double booked to Sweden a few years ago -you have 24hrs to change your mind -
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:36pm
now to book an alternative route
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:20pm
Just got the refund. Happy days as was nearly 150 for me and the young lad. Coming hot on the heels of Ryanair refund last week its all good Thumbs Up

Edited by cardwizzard - 24 May 2018 at 5:42pm
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:39pm
what’s the alternative routes then lads? Will be booking next pay day. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

what’s the alternative routes then lads? Will be booking next pay day. 

Via Standsted out on the Sunday morning. Back probable via Copenhagen 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:40pm
just wondering have people cancelled both flights in and out of Copenhagen or just the return flight? Is anyone gonna stay in Copenhagen or just in Aarhus. Didn’t see much of Copenhagen last time but getting back from Aarhus for flight home is a pain 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:26pm
Going to go to Aarhus anyway RL, didn't see much of Copenhagen last time either but sure its not going anywhere and has a direct flight to it daily if I want to see it that badly.  Ya won't be in Aarhus again unless there is another game, and to go to the game, ya have to go there anyway, so may as well go the day or 2 before would be my thinking. 

As regards the flights, booked mine separately so will be able to cancel just that one, that said the other return options are only marginally better. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 158>
  Share Topic