You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 158>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:08pm
nowigen air are doing a flight to Dublin from Copenhagen for €42 on the Wednesday. Take the pressure of trying to get back early to Copenhagen from Aarhus on the Tuesday. 
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:31pm
The train is expensive if you just turn up there to buy the ticket.

If you go to book for today, it's €49 each way. However, if you search for a month out, there are trains for about €13.

Tickets for Danish domestic trains go on sale about two months in advance. That's when you want to book them for the best deals.
randydaza View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randydaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:34pm
Worth bearing in mind that Aarhus Airport is about an hour outside Aarhus, out in the sticks.  I was planning on getting that 6am flight Aarhus to Copenhagen for a 10am flight back to Dublin. Theres a shuttle bus from/to the airport but the description from the airports website seems very vague, but if there's a few of us it might be worth bunching together to get a taxi, which will cost a bomb.

I'm getting into Aarhus quite late on Matchday around 6 local time, so I'm hoping the shuttle bus from the airport gets me in on time Big smile
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:54pm
I had planned a quick dash in n out of CPH . The more I look at the options the more I am put off . Holidays are gonna get chewed up with Wales Poland and family hols along with a expediton in late Nov.  Its always a feast or a famine . 
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If you go to book for today, it's €49 each way. However, if you search for a month out, there are trains for about €13.

Tickets for Danish domestic trains go on sale about two months in advance. That's when you want to book them for the best deals.

But we can assume that there'll be thousands of Danes trying to book the same ones? That 00:48 departure on the Tuesdays morning will be rammed.
Reckon DSB will put on extra trains?
City Till I Die
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

What's the general consenus, train back to Copenhagen after the game or book a room in Aarhus? Most seem to be flying back between 9 and 11am the next morning.

RL I will be aiming for a 600 ish train to get in about 9.00ish for  1020 flight no check in , at least you can get to the train station and go straight to the train - no getting to airport an hour before for a early flight
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

But we can assume that there'll be thousands of Danes trying to book the same ones? That 00:48 departure on the Tuesdays morning will be rammed.
Reckon DSB will put on extra trains?

Maybe... but will they? Danes can drive, charter buses, live locally, be going somewhere else, not bother travelling from CPH... there are any number of reasons why there might not be so much demand for that train.

Anyone ever been on the late night specials from Heuston back down the country after an Ireland match? I haven't, but I'd be interested to know how full they get.

Also, if you book those tickets as soon as they go on sale, you should still get the cheap ones.
Nax View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:35am
In Cabinn Aarhus for the 2 days decent value at 70 quid for the 2 nights.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:50pm
Posted this in the Ryanair thread in whatever section, may be of use to some who booked flights with them to Denmark that no longer suit with the venue announcement. 

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Just something that may be of use to some people here lads & ladies, if anyone has a flight booked with them in the coming months, ye may have got an email from them on Monday regarding a change of check in policy from June 13th. There isn't anything particularly interesting about that bit, but down at the very end, in the terms & conditions bit, it says if you ''don't agree to accept the changes'' , you can cancel the flight & get a full refund, if your flight(s) are after June 13th. 

I had booked a return flight to Bristol for the Wales game in Sept before the Poland game was announced, then when Poland was announced, thought fcuk it, I'll go straight to Poland from UK, so wasn't going to use the return leg of the booking. Was able to cancel the return (€85) and can now go rebook original flight out for € 54, but might hang on for next seat sale & see does it come down a bit further. I don't think many will be in that same situation for Wales, but it might be of use to some who booked Denmark flights with them that no longer suit. 

Be quick about it if yer doing it, the email states that if you don't claim a refund within 5 days of the email, Ryanair take that as an implicit acceptance of the changed conditions, so basicallly ya have until the 19th. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:24am
For those Originally booked on SAS flights to CPH on match day and returning the following day the times have changed.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

For those Originally booked on SAS flights to CPH on match day and returning the following day the times have changed.

Haven't received any notice of this, what are the changes? 

Edited by Lostandfound - 23 May 2018 at 11:41am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:56am
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:58am
Thanks. 
Qazaishvili View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qazaishvili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:55pm
Is that change in flight time enough to cancel the flight and get a refund from SAS? The change of venue makes things quite awkward. considering taking a week in September and doing Cardiff and Wroclaw instead.  
"..but the fools, the fools, the fools! they have left us our Fenian dead..."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:59pm
No option to cancel online but I'd imagine if you rang them they will facilitate your cancellation they just don't want to advertise the fact.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 23 May 2018 at 1:01pm
Qazaishvili View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qazaishvili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

No option to cancel online but I'd imagine if you rang them they will facilitate your cancellation they just don't want to advertise the fact.

Thanks Kevin. Might give that a go! 
"..but the fools, the fools, the fools! they have left us our Fenian dead..."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:13pm
Let us know how you get on.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:17pm
Ah feck it anyway. I cancelled last week and lost fifty quid on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 158>
  Share Topic