You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 158>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 3:22pm
Munich return Saturday to Tuesday with Lufthie (140e ish)
Sponsored Links

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

€147 return with SAS via Stockholm on the Tuesday morning.

What day heading out ?

Day of game...
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:09am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

€148 return with SAS, I see some lads got it for less than €100 and I was talking to a chap who booked it after me for €190..

I think there'll be maybe 1,500 in Copenhagen as seems a lot aren't going to Cardiff and are making this their campaign trip

Got SAS @ €104, but Ryanair have yet to put up prices (they usually only go 8 months in advance on website)- only thing is, they shut off the dates for Copenhagen for Sept & Oct when we drew them the other day (pre fixture dates being released) so looks like they are gearing up to screw people on prices, it will probably start near 100 each way. Keep an eye on Norwegian as well, dear at the moment, but I'd say that will come down in the coming months. 

1500 is probably a decent shout, I doubt many will have to take a 4 flight route in the end. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:54am
Ryanair have released flights for this for anybody who hasn’t booked. €200 return. A lot cheaper if going through Hamburg.
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:49pm
Just booked my flight home. I was waiting on Ryanair to release their schedule, as up to October they have a mid afternoon flight, but they changed it from November to about 8pm. I'm not doing that so I'm on the 10:05am SAS flight direct home.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Just booked my flight home. I was waiting on Ryanair to release their schedule, as up to October they have a mid afternoon flight, but they changed it from November to about 8pm. I'm not doing that so I'm on the 10:05am SAS flight direct home.

Could be a bit of deja vu as Gelsenkirchen
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Could be a bit of deja vu as Gelsenkirchen

That actually occurred to me. I even have the same seat as that time.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:11pm
Bump:

I've come across indirect flights with Lufthansa for about £145 which is tempting despite the flight out of Dublin leaving at the ungodly hour of 5.15am!

Only thing that concerns me is the tight-looking 45-minute layover at Munich on the way home. For anyone who has used Munich airport (which I believe is meant to be quite a large airport), would this be manageable? Do you have to go through passport control and customs when you land and then go through security for departures? Or can you go straight through to the departure lounge (which I remember doing at Hong Kong and Singapore airports going to and from Australia years ago)?

Also not quite sure whether to go ahead with this (depending on answers re connecting at Munich) or wait for the likes of EasyJet, Wizzair etc to upload their fares for November?

Edited by ConorMac77 - 26 Feb 2018 at 11:12pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Bump:

I've come across indirect flights with Lufthansa for about £145 which is tempting despite the flight out of Dublin leaving at the ungodly hour of 5.15am!

Only thing that concerns me is the tight-looking 45-minute layover at Munich on the way home. For anyone who has used Munich airport (which I believe is meant to be quite a large airport), would this be manageable? Do you have to go through passport control and customs when you land and then go through security for departures? Or can you go straight through to the departure lounge (which I remember doing at Hong Kong and Singapore airports going to and from Australia years ago)?

Also not quite sure whether to go ahead with this (depending on answers re connecting at Munich) or wait for the likes of EasyJet, Wizzair etc to upload their fares for November?

CM77
Are all your flights with Lufthansa or code share or a mix ?
Lufthansa flights (and code shares "Miles & More") are out of Terminal 2.
They have built a satellite part of T2 so if you are flying from / to K or L gates then you should add at least 15 mins after getting thru security to get to the K or L gate as you need to use a shuttle train
Irish flights depart from H Gates and you have to go thru passport control (they have the scanner gates)

All others such as Aer Lingus, BA , Ryanair etc are out of Terminal 1.
It is a 10 min walk plus the time to get thru passport control and security

Let me know the details.. You can also use flightscanner to see where the flights usually land and how on schedule they are.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Bump:

CM77
Are all your flights with Lufthansa or code share or a mix ?
Lufthansa flights (and code shares "Miles & More") are out of Terminal 2.
They have built a satellite part of T2 so if you are flying from / to K
or L gates then you should add at least 15 mins after getting thru
security to get to the K or L gate as you need to use a shuttle train
Irish flights depart from H Gates and you have to go thru passport control (they have the scanner gates)

All others such as Aer Lingus, BA , Ryanair etc are out of Terminal 1.
It is a 10 min walk plus the time to get thru passport control and security

Let me know the details.. You can also use flightscanner to see where the flights usually land and how on schedule they are.

Yeah, they're all with Lufthansa BiM. Even so, that still looks like cutting it really tight. I'm not sure I'd fancy my chances of making that connection even if the 1st flight gets in on time. That mention of satellite terminals and shuttle trains makes it look like too much can go wrong. I know it's Lufthansa we're talking about (I've heard good things about them) and not Ryanair but still...

Anyway, I've now also found flights via Frankfurt in both directions, again all with Lufthansa. Same dates and only a few £ more but with 2-hour connections heading over and coming home. I think I'd prefer to book that instead for the piece of mind. If there's one situation where I've found the time can really run away on you, it's getting round an airport.

Also, I'm not sure if the likes of Easyjet, Wizzair etc are going to be much better when they upload their fares. £145, I think, is not too bad at all for a full-service airline like Lufthansa albeit with indirect flights.

Thanks for the info anyway BiM.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
shanemuc View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanemuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:21pm

Hi all, I'm a bit of a Billy no (Football) mates, I would love to start going to away games, Is there any clubs ? I'm from Dundalk..

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by shanemuc shanemuc wrote:

Hi all, I'm a bit of a Billy no (Football) mates, I would love to start going to away games, Is there any clubs ? I'm from Dundalk..

You’re in our club now shane Wink
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

jus book your flights and hotel, apply for your tickets. Tne rest will look after itself. 
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:42pm

You don’t even need a club. Stick to ybig and where the best places to stay and pubs to go on these trips etc and you will have a group of friends in no time from the people you meet. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

jus book your flights and hotel, apply for your tickets. Tne rest will look after itself. 
And if your lucky there could be a few fine Danish fillies floating about the forum closer to the time
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:04pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

And if your lucky there could be a few fine Danish fillies floating about the forum closer to the time
LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:06pm

Loads travel on their own.

Just rock up the Irish bar or any bar and scoop away.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
shanemuc View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanemuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm

Thanks a mill guys hope to see you there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 158>
  Share Topic