You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 158>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:42pm
Denmark really is an overpriced sh*thole when it comes to accommodation
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Still haven't managed to book anything yet, anywhere decent is rip off.
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:01pm

Well, Copenhagen is, Aarhus was fine. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:26pm

It's a complete kip, you can't sit out having a drink or food without some illegal immigrant asking you for money.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

It's a complete kip, you can't sit out having a drink or food without some illegal immigrant asking you for money.

You managed to check all of their individual visa statuses? What’s the story with all the Cork racists on here?
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:54pm

How do you know he's illegal Sherlock? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:03pm
Hillarious that someone from Cork can call anywhere a kip.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

You managed to check all of their individual visa statuses? What’s the story with all the Cork racists on here?
Cork people like Cork people, English people and very little else, it’s no surprise our racist friend corkery was a mini Union Jack waver only a short time ago 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:25pm

Noticed that myself! Strange.

Also I lost my phone when we played in Copenhagen and a lovely man originally from Somalia (not sure of his immigration status mind) went out of his way to return it to me the following day without expecting anything in return. 

Edited by BrendanD88 - 13 Jan 2019 at 10:29pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Cork people like Cork people, English people and very little else, it’s no surprise our racist friend corkery was a mini Union Jack waver only a short time ago 

What's this now?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:12pm
Don't tar us all with the same brush.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:15pm
Jeez, calm down. Fair enough, I can't say they were all illegal immigrants.

Edited by corkery - 13 Jan 2019 at 11:17pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Don't tar us all with the same brush.
Apologies Thumbs Up
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:58pm

Chances are, they weren't. The Danes award a fairly high percentage of asylum claims.

"The success rate (recognition rate) from Immigration Service (first instance) has moved up and down during recent years. In 2015 it reached a record high of 85%, in 2016 it dropped to 72%, and in 2017 it ended at 36%, with some months as low as 28%. During the first 10 months of 2018 is has been 58%, but the actual number for newcomers is 35%, without people who already had residence permit as family reunified but applied for asylum later.

The numbers reflect more than anything else where the applicants are coming from. Almost everybody from Syria and Eritrea are granted asylum all over Europe, and very few unfounded applicants come to Denmark normally. As the percentage of Syrians and Eritreans have dropped in periods, and more people with unfounded cases have arrived, this affects the recognition rate. Georgia was recently put on the list of Manifestly Unfounded countries. However, it has also become harder for Iraqis, Afghans and Somalis to obtain asylum. The total amount is also much smaller, which means that a relatively small number of unaccompanied minors from Morocco for instance can affect the average when they get rejected."

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:04am
When I saw all the new posts I thought this game had been moved to Aarhus.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:31am

Can't say I remember any beggars in Copenhagen or Aarhus, thought Copenhagen was very facilitating of the outdoor drinking and Aarhus was just a nice city.

That could be selective memory but think that's being harsh, beggars in every major city. 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:40am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Can't say I remember any beggars in Copenhagen or Aarhus, thought Copenhagen was very facilitating of the outdoor drinking and Aarhus was just a nice city.

That could be selective memory but think that's being harsh, beggars in every major city

Except Cork. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That could be selective memory but think that's being harsh, beggars in every major city

Except Cork. 
He said major...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 158>
  Share Topic