You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 158>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by CarlowMan1888 CarlowMan1888 wrote:

Is there a YBIG meetup planned for this trip?

Surprised there doesn't seem to have been 1 organised by now as there usually is.  Most of the away trips I've been on have usually had a gathering of fans standing around, drinking from cans in a bag and kicking a ball around in a prominent central spot in town eg main square in Liile, Place de Clichy in Paris (outside Moulin Rouge) at Euro 2016.

But there's a grand big square outside the city hall (Radhuspladsen) and you'll probably get the weather for it being in early June unlike the last time we played in Copenhagen which was a bitterly cold weekend in November. 

Presume it'll be the same as last time with some lads inside the main Irish bar and the rest outside with some cans.

I'd nearly rather that. Pint are fierce expensive over there. Unless that pub is doing specials

Assume they'd be doing specials, for the playoffs I think the price was basically the same as a pint here which for Copenhagen was very good . Presume most will head back there

Edited by wanderer - 22 May 2019 at 3:41pm
Sponsored Links

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

would be no harm if it’s collect over there as a lot of people selling on tickets for this on Facebook. There’s seems to be a big demand for tickets even though it wasn’t over subscribed.
Yes, think collect should be the way forward. There are too many tickets for this being offered around for them all to be genuine excuses and not people trying to harvest.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:52pm

Surprised there doesn't seem to have been 1 organised by now as there usually is.  Most of the away trips I've been on have usually had a gathering of fans standing around, drinking from cans in a bag and kicking a ball around in a prominent central spot in town eg main square in Liile, Place de Clichy in Paris (outside Moulin Rouge) at Euro 2016.

But there's a grand big square outside the city hall (Radhuspladsen) and you'll probably get the weather for it being in early June unlike the last time we played in Copenhagen which was a bitterly cold weekend in November. 

There was a load of construction work going on in the square last time and it was still ongoing in December past. Be bang on if that's finished though. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

would be no harm if it’s collect over there as a lot of people selling on tickets for this on Facebook. There’s seems to be a big demand for tickets even though it wasn’t over subscribed.
Yes, think collect should be the way forward. There are too many tickets for this being offered around for them all to be genuine excuses and not people trying to harvest.

I haven't seen too many being put on Facebook etc but i agree 100% for a game like this it should be collect out there. I know it's hard to implement for the football family tickets but everyone else should be pick up out there.

If you don't collect then of course the ticket is removed from your record and a mark on your account. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:08pm
The street food place that plenty of us went to the last time has now closed & moved way further north to an inconvenient location.

However, there is a similar place, outdoors, called Bridge Street Kitchen, with loads of food and drink stalls and it shouldn't be too expensive. It is right across the pedestrian bridge from Nyhavn.

I'll probably head there before the match for something to eat and a few sunshiny pints, anyway.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Presume it'll be the same as last time with some lads inside the main Irish bar and the rest outside with some cans.

I'd nearly rather that. Pint are fierce expensive over there. Unless that pub is doing specials

I'm just going to put this out there - ye could go to bars other than Irish ones #mindblowing. There's no shortage of dive bars over there which generally have the best people and the cheapest beers. There are also far fewer gobsh*tes to be found trying to outfacebook each other.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:18pm
Incidentally, on the construction point, that's all related to the new metro circle line that they're building. It is nearly finished but not quite; news in the last couple of days has announced a delay until September. It's not quite Crossrail but it is delayed.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The street food place that plenty of us went to the last time has now closed & moved way further north to an inconvenient location.

However, there is a similar place, outdoors, called Bridge Street Kitchen, with loads of food and drink stalls and it shouldn't be too expensive. It is right across the pedestrian bridge from Nyhavn.

I'll probably head there before the match for something to eat and a few sunshiny pints, anyway.

Handy although I was looking forward to getting another roast pork burger with crackling. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:32pm
This article says that the Danes have sold 25k tickets for the game so far. 

Ground holds about 35k I think, so add in 1,200/1,500 of us and the fact that there’s over two weeks to go and there’s a chance the game might sell out. 

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:53pm

Are there bars around there? 

Not really but the streets just off the square would be the main bar areas. 

Edited by irish_goat - 22 May 2019 at 4:54pm
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I haven't seen too many being put on Facebook etc but i agree 100% for a game like this it should be collect out there. I know it's hard to implement for the football family tickets but everyone else should be pick up out there.

If you don't collect then of course the ticket is removed from your record and a mark on your account. 

unfair on one set having to collect out there and not expect the other too
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Ground holds about 35k I think, so add in 1,200/1,500 of us and the fact that there’s over two weeks to go and there’s a chance the game might sell out. 

38k according to wiki. Always thought it held more than that 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

unfair on one set having to collect out there and not expect the other too
Yeah but football family apply in say a football clubs name for x amount of tickets and just dish them out.
They could give the FAI names but it's a little harder to monitor in the current set up 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:54pm
Still not right some have to disrupt their trip to collect tickets, whilst other can do as they please. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Still not right some have to disrupt their trip to collect tickets, whilst other can do as they please. 

Agree. Hopefully the scheme the mandate committee are fighting for would be the answer 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Considering they struggled to sell out for the play off I’d say they’ll be tickets available on the day 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Agree. Hopefully the scheme the mandate committee are fighting for would be the answer 

Fair play to them, but so far being told we face having to collect tickets is annoying. Have booked a hotel for Malmo it's likely to be an inconvenience to collect the ticket. Fair enough my own fault for not wanting to be in Copenhagen again and booking in another country LOL
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:19pm
Is this game definitely not over subscribed ?
Linzark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 158>
  Share Topic