You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark -June 7th - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 158>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:51pm
Tickets were €36 for Aarhus and €65 for the WC playoff
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 9:08am
Cheers folks, will hold off for the FAI allocation so
TheKerryWes View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKerryWes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 11:36pm
When is the allocation likely to be announced?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 7:59pm
Anyone travelling via Hamburg - the trains have now gone on sale. Be warned though, they either involve a bus for a large part of it (track work in Denmark for basically all of the next six months) or going the long way around.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Anyone travelling via Hamburg - the trains have now gone on sale. Be warned though, they either involve a bus for a large part of it (track work in Denmark for basically all of the next six months) or going the long way around.
The train that goes on the ferry is definitely one for the bucket list

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

That train is something else
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Done it for the playoff  fantastic experience .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:48am
I’m not going to lie, that’s a very large part of the reason I’m going that way. They’re stopping that boat-train after this year so I wanted to go before that. 
Skelly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:20pm
For anyone who stayed there the last time, Cabinn Scandinavia have reduced their prices. Handy to the airport and close to Kennedy's Irish Bar
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Skelly Skelly wrote:

For anyone who stayed there the last time, Cabinn Scandinavia have reduced their prices. Handy to the airport and close to Kennedy's Irish Bar
Wonder if we might get a few more travelling now given the two wins, although most would have thought we'd have 6 points anyway.
Ryanair still have direct flight available Thursday and Friday
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:03pm
Half thinking of going to Denmark, not sorted flight wise or hotel etc will probably wait until May or so to decide.

Lovely city, raging I missed the play off! 
dogrady26 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogrady26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 4:22pm
Is this pretty much nailed on to be Copenhagen again? Have flights booked there since December and don't fancy a trek elsewhere.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 4:25pm
Long since confirmed it's in CopenhagenThumbs Up
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 4:31pm
Will ticket applications open next month?
They've only gone and done it
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:25pm
We might get a bigger allocation for this if demand from home fans is nowhere near the playoff
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

We might get a bigger allocation for this if demand from home fans is nowhere near the playoff

Don't think there'll be an issue with allocation. 2k would very easily cover everyone. 
3rd time in Denmark in a year and a half couldn't see more than 1.5k there myself 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:17pm
The interest in this will be far bigger after winning the first 2 games.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The interest in this will be far bigger after winning the first 2 games.
You would assume so yes but I think most people would have thought we would be going there with 2 wins from the first 2.

But either way I don't think allocation will be an issue at all, just to answer the other post about it. It's probably a good game to get on the ladder for aways.

Factor in Ryanair have 1 direct flight a day and they are still available for pretty good prices. Would have expected them to be full. The cost of accommodation seems to be an awful lot higher than the playoff if I remember correctly. The average seems to be about 400 for 2 nights going by booking.com

Edited by wanderer - 27 Mar 2019 at 10:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9899100101102 158>
  Share Topic