You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark - Nations League - General thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Originally posted by ed_1982 ed_1982 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Being able to bring pints to your seat was a decent, any chance of this ever being allowed in the Aviva?

its a horrible concept - hopefully it never comes in. all you will get is people in and out to the bar every few minutes with no interest in the game. 

they do it in Rugby and it suits the sport and the type that go to games - ie people just there for the day out as opposed to caring about what happens on the pitch. 

Can one be interested in the game AND enjoy a beer in the seat??

Yep. Inverted snobbery from some on here is amazing

100%. People shouldn’t be in and out every two minutes, but a pint before the game, and a pint at halftime goes down very fooking nicely on such a nervy night.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:31pm
2 hours without a beer isn't going to kill anybody
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:32pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Originally posted by ed_1982 ed_1982 wrote:

Being able to bring pints to your seat was a decent, any chance of this ever being allowed in the Aviva?

its a horrible concept - hopefully it never comes in. all you will get is people in and out to the bar every few minutes with no interest in the game. 

they do it in Rugby and it suits the sport and the type that go to games - ie people just there for the day out as opposed to caring about what happens on the pitch. 

Can one be interested in the game AND enjoy a beer in the seat??

Yep. Inverted snobbery from some on here is amazing

100%. People shouldn’t be in and out every two minutes, but a pint before the game, and a pint at halftime goes down very fooking nicely on such a nervy night.

FFS!

Was at a Roma game this year and you could buy pints whilst at your seat. Very nice on a sunny day.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 12 Nov 2017 at 1:32pm

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:35pm
And this is the outcome when alcohol is so heavily regulated. It encourages the culture of over-indulgence when the opportunity presents itself. And this would be the outcome if fans were allowed bring beer to their seats. The fact that the culture has been set at rugby, ensures responsible drinking during games.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:42pm
Revolut card worked a treat thanks lads for the advice. Bob Hopkins is worth listening to
AKA pedantic kunt
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:37am
Very expensive but nice city, maybe that's the problem when we are in countries where alcohol is so expensive that SOME of our supporters drink heavily when purchasing drink from off licences etc...

Very long walk from the metro stop at the airport to gate f4 in terminal 2.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:59am
Danish beer, probably the best laxative in the world. 
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:08am
Where the f*ck were we?
World cup play-off and our fans too off their tits to shout the team on.
Worst away atmosphere in a long time.
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Padraig Padraig wrote:

Absolutely sh*te atmosphere in the away and the most blind drunk fans I've seen at an away. Lad beside me racially abused the black Danish player as well to top things off.
He was in front of us the whole game, Two Yorkshire lads, one Leeds fan and one Sheffield utd fan. The Sheffield fan was genuinely a really nice chap, the Leeds fan on the other hand was a bit of a bellend, treated the away like a Leeds away and of course got a bit excited and called Sisto something I hope I never hear in an Ireland away end again and the whole stand came down on him like a tonne of bricks.

I said to the Sheffield united fan when he got back from the jacks that he'd want to keep his pal out of trouble and tbf he did.

All in all probably the most quiet c*nttish Ireland away end theres been.
Glen87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:33pm
Couldnt agree more - Atmosphere was absolutely dreadful.
My mate was in danish section and said we couldnt be made out at all with any songs. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Where the f*ck were we?
World cup play-off and our fans too off their tits to shout the team on.
Worst away atmosphere in a long time.

Either locked out or in home sections having to keep their mouths shut in case they got thrown out.

Those weren't fans you encountered - they were drunken event junkies with contacts, who wouldn't normally be seen dead at any other Ireland match because they 'wouldn't watch that load of sho*te'.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Glen87 Glen87 wrote:

Couldnt agree more - Atmosphere was absolutely dreadful.
My mate was in danish section and said we couldnt be made out at all with any songs. 
Could hear some on the tele alright
Some people just deserve a slap
upandcumming View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upandcumming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 4:44pm
I thought the who crowd was very nervy throughout - including myself.
Plus, any song that got going, the Danes were 20 yards out!
stiffler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:31pm
Really enjoyed the city, will go back some time to see it properly !
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:24pm
Strange trip this one for a game with so much at stake, a lot more idiots on show out there who were only interested in the piss up and not the actual event, and i will safely say it is not going to be too long before the very good reputation built up over the years is going to be in tatters (like some of the clowns starting to show up at the away games).

Atmosphere was terrible i thought, the game was kind of what i expected so no real downside there, but like most away trips it is always really good to bump into and have a pint or a natter with familiar and like minded people, from big podge and his good lady to his pop and grazza and partner, the donegal crew ringerbell and gang and them doing their best in keeping the weatherspoons staff at full pelt in gatwick LOL, and as always a pleasure to bump into ybigs most sensible poster deise and his fellow county man the bould scientist (who is a real gent in real life lads) he will no doubt tear strips off me on here now for outting him LOL, rip van winkle better known as Aido (the oul drink is not easy at your old age LOL) but just when we thought we had avoided  meeting the more spikey posters on here, we returned to our hotel after the game to be greeted by a horrible sight, sitting in the most expensive sofas in the bar area yes it just would have to be Baldrick and Sligo hornet, Mr sarky and Mr narky deep in conversation, lucky enough they had a gentleman and lady in their company in Mr and Mrs Mule, i went over to say hello but was promptly told where to go by the dulcet tone and whiplash tongue of the hornet so just to annoy him but specially Baldrick i bought a few cans and stood outside the window drinking and looking really happy LOL, joking aside was a good laugh had with SH and MM over a few late beers, we really will have to do a book of memories LOL

I know i have left a few people out but i am still recovering, overall another good trip but a little concerning at the stories been regailled by other posters on here, ROLL ON TOMORROW and lets show everybody what we are really all about ybig

Edited by daithi - 13 Nov 2017 at 7:27pm
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:28pm
Ha ha you joined the lads after I left daithi :--). I get the hint :) hope you enjoyed some of the caviar I didn't finish.
AKA pedantic kunt
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Ha ha you joined the lads after I left daithi :--). I get the hint :) hope you enjoyed some of the caviar I didn't finish.
LOL, the hornet fella gatecrashed us, i was wondering what that was in the little tin you kept picking at from your pocket while no one was looking LOL

Oh and how could i forget bumping into 2 real gents after the game while we were having a nosebag together, TJ and Sid Waddel Clap

Edited by daithi - 13 Nov 2017 at 7:51pm
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
KeanoKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:06pm
Well lads,

I have to say the behaviour of a small section of fans on Saturday night and the lack of atmosphere was something I have never come across in a long time.

One guy actually pissed on seats in front of him and splashed the people at those seats.
His picture was taken by a number of guys and it was given to Joe McGlue as far as I know. He slept for most of the second half. Hopefully he will never get a ticket again.

In front of me 3/4 lads on their phone the while game, drinking pints and eating taytos with no interest in the game.

Also one young lad was shouting bad expletives at Kasper Schmichael and he was asked to stop but he started a row and his older friend/father joined in. At least they were moved by the stewards.

The booing of the danish players and the abuse shouted at Kasper Schmichael by a lot of so called Irish Supporters was a disgrace and how these idiots got tickets is beyond me.

We dont need these idiots at games.

1-0 to us tomorrow night
A Nation holds its breath
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
  Share Topic