Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delaney's postmatch fistpumps in Zilina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:04am
How easily are people fooled in this country.We were promised €15 euro tickets had to pay €80 while hundreds were left without tickets.

A couple of free drinks and the last 3 months of fiascos is forgotten about somehow I dont think so.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:07am
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Arsehole.
who+why?
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:23am
No matter what you think of him the fist pumps at the end of the match were hilarious !!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:26am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

How easily are people fooled in this country.We were promised €15 euro tickets had to pay €80 while hundreds were left without tickets.

A couple of free drinks and the last 3 months of fiascos is forgotten about somehow I dont think so.
hundreds were left without tickets???this is delaneys fault that the stadium wasnt big enough then???oh yeah JD should have demanded they demolish+then rebuild a 60 000 seater in time for the game.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Drummerboy Drummerboy wrote:

Some people are easily bought. The cost of the free gargle hardly made a dent in JD's €420,000 salary

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
gregpent View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:29am
flight to bratislava 35 euro
hotel 30 euro
2 course meal. soup then steak 6.50
free train, free bar, free disco,
ticket for game 15 euro
flight back to paris 22 euro

you cant complain with that now.

apart from the taxi drivers in bratislava rippin us off
IrelandAway.com
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:34am
Originally posted by gregpent gregpent wrote:

hotel 30 euro
ticket for game 15 euro

you cant complain with that now.

apart from the taxi drivers in bratislava rippin us off
install this man as finance ministerClapexcellent work greg
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 6:14am
The chant that went around in the end was quality

"OHHHHHHH John Delaney he used to be a w***er but he's alright now"

On a serious side i wouldn't be convinced that the job of the CEO is to be on the pitch, obviously half smashed waving to fans. Mick Ashley got hung out to dry in the British Press for less. Saying that i enjoyed the free booze Cheers John Thumbs%20UpHeart
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 6:16am
Delaneys net wage is allegedly €330k but he costs the FAI €470k.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 6:17am
Originally posted by gregpent gregpent wrote:

hotel 30 euro
ticket for game 15 euro

Fistpumps from John Delaney- priceless.

For everything else there's Mastercard.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:09am

????

you were there when he told us he makes 330K a year ?? what part of that did you not understand ??

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:13am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

????

you were there when he told us he makes 330K a year ?? what part of that did you not understand ??

I think the point he's making is that Delaney takes home 330k after tax but that his actual cost to the association is 470k. Apparently not uncommon in football - the published wage is what the player ( or CEO in this case) is taking home eg . x amount but with income tax taken into consideration, the employer is pay x amount + 40% or whatever bracket they are in.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:16am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

????

I think the point he's making is that Delaney takes home 330k after tax but that his actual cost to the association is 470k. Apparently not uncommon in football - the published wage is what the player ( or CEO in this case) is taking home eg . x amount but with income tax taken into consideration, the employer is pay x amount + 40% or whatever bracket they are in.

JD's exact words at the Q & A were: "My annual salary is €330,000"

Edited by AidoM - 14 Oct 2010 at 7:17am
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:26am

????

the point he is making is wrong , delaney said he makes 330K a year , no bonus and thats it , so he is taking home about 220 -250 a year maybe ??

delaney is not a footballer and i refuse to believe he gave us his net take home , if he did he is one disingenuous ***t.

now that we actually have heard the figures can people please stop bandying around bullsh*t figures ? thanks

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:29am

????

the point he is making is wrong , delaney said he makes 330K a year , no bonus and thats it , so he is taking home about 220 -250 a year maybe ??

delaney is not a footballer and i refuse to believe he gave us his net take home , if he did he is one disingenuous ***t.

now that we actually have heard the figures can people please stop bandying around bullsh*t figures ? thanks

Yeah, not helping at all speculating on it. TBH i don't really give a monkeys what he makes.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:38am

Yeah, not helping at all speculating on it. TBH i don't really give a monkeys what he makes.

personally very interested especially due to the fact there was a massive difference in what he said he earns and what the press had previously quoted...

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:02am
The average industrial Wage €38k gross JD's Gross is not and has never been €330k FACT no matter what he said to those willing to believe anything the spoofer says.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:04am

The average industrial Wage €38k gross JD's Gross is not and has never been €330k FACT no matter what he said to those willing to believe anything the spoofer says.

Have you seen his P60 gufct ???????
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic