Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 306>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:14pm
Another defensive masterclass from West Ham today apparently. Probably best he wasn't a part of it.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:48pm
A fashionable big-name foreign manager brought in, £100m spent and they look worse than they did last season under Moyes.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Delighted they have lost today after making Rice the whipping boy for last week.

A number of people were dropped. He wasn’t the “whipping boy”. Granted, I’d much rather him starting.
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Delighted they have lost today after making Rice the whipping boy for last week.

A number of people were dropped. He wasn’t the “whipping boy”. Granted, I’d much rather him starting.
Utterly predictable that Noble and Wiltshere would avoid any cull, despite being shambolic against Liverpool. Rice was the easy target. 

WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:09am
Hopefully he'll come straight back into the team. Balbuena and Ogbonna were both awful.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by greenscene greenscene wrote:

Utterly predictable that Noble and Wiltshere would avoid any cull, despite being shambolic against Liverpool. Rice was the easy target. 

Noble is captain and Wilshere has been a bright spark so far. Rice was always likely to be the first shuffled, so there really shouldn’t be any complaints. I suspect Pellegrini will at least have him in the 16 this weekend.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:32am
Has he gone off the boil?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Has he gone off the boil?

I think there is an element of the scapegoat with this scenario.

Closer to the truth is that West Ham aren't really that good. You have an extremely attack minded manager who cares little about defending, while also having defensive personnel that are not that great. It's not going to end well by the looks of it .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:43am
Whoooooooosh
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:46am
I think you missed the intent of PM’s post.

However, WHU are still trying to get the right calibration after signing 10 players this summer. Rice has been integral to Pelligrini’s start as manager, but he was sacrificed last weekend along with Fredricks and Antonio. I suspect he will return, but in a new role this weekend in defence (or on the bench), with Carlos Sanchez as the DN.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:48am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Whoooooooosh

Oh c'mon. Are these fooking Rice jokes still going??

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:17am
If it inspires responses like the above then it is full steam ahead!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:26am
FFS lads, the Rice jokes have been flogged from pilau to post at this stage.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:38am
LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:51pm

Reports suggest that Noble's place is under threat due to concerns over a lack of mobility in midfield. There will be changes after the last game.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:55pm
I hear he qualifies to play for EIRE through his Uncle Ben.  It was good we got him in time as the Chinese wanted him.

He has an insatiable appetite for improvement.  He wok wok woks on the training ground.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Reports suggest that Noble's place is under threat due to concerns over a lack of mobility in midfield. There will be changes after the last game.

Rice's athleticism wouldn't be his biggest strength either tbf, so no guarantee he'll be taking Noble's position.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Rice's athleticism wouldn't be his biggest strength either tbf, so no guarantee he'll be taking Noble's position.

True, but at 19 Rice is still going to have the edge over Noble in this regard. Perhaps Cullen will come into the management's thinking as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 306>
  Share Topic