You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298299 306>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

who was the player who scored against Liverpool and the rabid fans dug through 6 years of social media posts?

This was probably the work of some Irish Liverpool fan sat in his mum's spare room

good on Southgate for shrugging it off. Who honestly gives a f**k now

Seeing as though England fans constantly sing about their dislike of the IRA, I'm sure they will give a f**k.

Some of them are Fuming but it will blow over . To be fair it’s not a good look for someone who swapped allegiance in such a high profile case to have stories like this agout him dragged up before his debut. Appreciate he was a kid. Let them sing about their dislike for the Ira to their hearts content. Find it odd, no more. 

I will have a little chuckle when rices talk of being the next Bobby Moore go up in smoke and he signs for his boyhood club Chelsea
In the next two years 

Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:39am
Love how sky sports are reporting it as the R A rather than one word. I'm guessing someone said you can't say The RA on telly
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:38am
Is it wrong that I hope he gets a lifetime ban from the English National Team
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:00am
Kissed the Irish badge, cried singing our anthem and supports the IRA? 

I’m sure there will be a few Stone Island wearing Danny Dyer wannabes who might take issue with that. 

Hopefully he has a stinker tonight. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:13am
ohhhh yesssssssssssssssss Declan RAce LOLLOL LOL 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Deco the Provo LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 1:37pm
He prefers Continuity Englishman, thank you very much!
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
Declan Rice will be wearing an Easter Lily on his jersey for tonight's England-Czech Republic game.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:06pm
Is it Deco who has been sending these IRA packages around Britain lately?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is it Deco who has been sending these IRA packages around Britain lately?
He has claimed that the phone he used to type "Up The RA" was a suspect device.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The question of National identity is all well and good ......but in regards footballers when you throw in ambition and for want of a better word greed, it's a whole other ball game .....the comparison to an 'ordinary' person with an Irish granny is quite far way removed

The fact of the matter is if Will Keane for example had carved out a career at Man Utd he would not now be coming cap in hand to little ol Ireland .....and we're going to see more of it, the like of Grealish/Rice and those coming the opposite way because they weren't quite as good as hoped

But he his an ordinary person with an Irish parent, he just happens to be good(no laughing) at football. You are correct that greed is a factor, but that isn't the player's fault. You can't blame the failings of modern football on Will Keane. He may not have played for us if he was starting for Manchester United, but he isn't. Keane, Grealish, Rice and all the others, past, present and future, are all Irish and were all eligible to be picked. Once eligibility has been established, ability should be the only criterion for being picked.

I would also question the use of the word 'ambition', especially  in this particular instance. I can't imagine a few caps for a poor Irish team is suddenly going to catapult him back into the radar of EPL managers. The simple reality is he wants to play for the land of his dad. Now,  may well be that he leaned more to his English identity, which  still smacks of thought-crime, but also,  as you have said yourself, the zeitgeist of greed means it is difficult to ascertain if these possible  leanings were motivated by English pride or financial gain. T

The use of the word ambition was more aimed at the likes of Grealish and Rice......as for your last point, do you not have a problem with that at all? I'm sure I'm not alone in getting sick of it......something has got to change in the rules

Sick of what? Someone with Irish nationality wanting to play for Ireland? I find it odd that people have a problem with that.

Ok I give up you win!

sick of players changing their mind because they're not quite good enough....he had Irish Nationality when his brother was playing underage for us (see stepping stone) ....he was not interested ......that's what people have a problem with

So you would prefer if he didn't declare, he shouldn't be allowed represent the country that provided half the genitalia that made him because it annoys you? I don't understand why it annoys people so much, but I have a suspicion that it is because it is England. People will protest that they would be the same if it was any country, but I don't think so. I think the 'exotic' novelty factor would also play a
part.
Anyway, were they to change the rules to only being eligible for the nation you were born in, it would be much more unfair all round.

Be thankful if this is the sort of thing you are really sick of, things aren't going too bad for ya!

There has to be a cut off point ....21 yrs of age seems fair enough, Will Keane is a 26 yr old man who's suddenly found his Irishness, down the bottom of the Championship apparently

I'm not questioning his identity as a person don't know the fella or anyone else......in regards football which is what we're concerned with, I am
And football is how he expresses his identity, we wouldn’t be talking about him otherwise! The rules may not be perfect, you will never please everyone, but they are probably as close as you will get. They are fair to both players and associations.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 3:38pm
Agree with you PM.

Will Keane was asked did he want to play for Ireland, he accepted and it should be as simple as that imo.

Of course Keane is no fool, he knew himself with the way his club career has panned out that England was never going to be an option but so what? If he shows up and performs well for us and adds something to the group, it's our gain.

All in all we've gained far more players than we've lost through the granny-rule over the years and any player who decides to turn up and declare for us needs to be given the benefit of the doubt (atleast from the start anyway)

Edited by Green Devil - 22 Mar 2019 at 3:40pm
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:32pm
on the bench tonight. eric dier stars ahead of him. southgate must really rate himLOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

on the bench tonight. eric dier stars ahead of him. southgate must really rate himLOL

He’ll have taken Dier’s place in that team by the end of this campaign IMO
(I expect an essay in reply from Territorial)

Why has Southgate gone for a back 4 tonight and Dier and Henderson?
The back 3 worked well for them in the WC I thought. 
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:10pm

He will definitely take Diers place, only a matter of time. 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:20pm
Rice belongs in a Paddy field
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He’ll have taken Dier’s place in that team by the end of this campaign IMO
(I expect an essay in reply from Territorial)

Why has Southgate gone for a back 4 tonight and Dier and Henderson?
The back 3 worked well for them in the WC I thought. 

Sadly they have looked far more of an attacking threat from open play since they binned off 3 at the back. Spain away being a case in point 

Lots of sideways passing in the World Cup with little or no cutting edge from open play.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
Looks like he might be coming on 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298299 306>
  Share Topic