Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 236>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
www.revolut.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:13pm
Reports just in:  Declan Rice has been seen fighting with a giant lizard.  The source is reliable. A bunch of drunken frat boys.

Image result for giant lizard simpsons
When Lord Trap Junior Esquire IV of Corribside saw that Martin O'Neill had been sacked, he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer

I am a Ricelamic Pundamentalist
Sponsored Links

Birdcracker View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:14pm
Yep as I said before having spoken to a couple if his mates. He will make his announcement to switch to England on Monday . 
Conan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Birdcracker Birdcracker wrote:

Yep as I said before having spoken to a couple if his mates. He will make his announcement to switch to England on Monday . 
Careful what you whisper, that'll be the weekend headlines in the Indo!
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Careful what you whisper, that'll be the weekend headlines in the Indo!

I would be absolutely shocked if he sticks with us. IMO we lost him the minute he pulled out of the Irish squad. Does anybody honestly think it will be a different outcome? 
"It has been one of the worst years in living memory of Irish football, it has been that bad and a lot of it is down to Martin. The morale is rock bottom." - Keith Andrews, 16/10/2018
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
www.revolut.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:03pm

He would hardly make himself unavailable last September if he wasn't switching to England.  I'd be very surprised if he chose The EIRE.
When Lord Trap Junior Esquire IV of Corribside saw that Martin O'Neill had been sacked, he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer

I am a Ricelamic Pundamentalist
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:29pm

Declaring for England .Making an announcement over the next few days .Spoke to a school pal of his in a pub in archway last night. 

He said he though long and hard about it and his dad is devastated but he is going with his heart. 

Sorry folks .

You posted this in Oct.... what happened with ‘the next few days’.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:41pm
This was always a case of no news is bad news. The article yesterday was another in a line of damage control for his reputation. 

As was said here already, the decision was made as soon as he refused the ireland call up. I don't doubt that he feels like a coont for how things have transpired but England come calling (or the potential) and that was end game. Everything since then has been pure pr spin. 

Liam Green View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:55pm
Fcuk Declan Rice, great player ya. Absolute spoofer with no integrity .. couldn’t wish him luck
Crap senior View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crap senior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:07pm
If he was.a striker id be gutted but a defensive midfielder, ill get over.it. poor form though.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
#No1 on breaking news on bad news

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Declaring for England .Making an announcement over the next few days .Spoke to a school pal of his in a pub in archway last night. 

He said he though long and hard about it and his dad is devastated but he is going with his heart. 

Sorry folks .

You posted this in Oct.... what happened with ‘the next few days’.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:58pm
It doesn't really matter anymore, we've essentially been planning for the last few months as if we won't have him anyway. For what it's worth, I think his performances for West Ham this season have been a bit overhyped due to his situation; he's been good, but not incredible.
We're decent enough..
Strazdas View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:05am
There's an interview with Mick McCarthy in the Irish edition of The Times tomorrow.

He says he told Rice he will play him in his preferred midfield role and will build his team around him : 

"When I met him, I told him 'I'm going to build the team around you from March onward'". 

He says he spoke with Southgate recently and Southgate indicated he sees him more as a centre back. He suggests that deciding to stick with Ireland might be an easier decision as Rice doesn't have to do anything to remain an Irish player but switching is more of an upheaval. He does concede that England might be in the frame for him though in that they could offer appearances in tournaments. 

He says at the end "From my perspective, we'll have a better chance of qualifying for the 2020 Euros if he plays for us".
Howdo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:59am
greenscene View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:38am
I do hope he gets absoltly ostracised if he declares for England. I know many here are saying his mind was made up when he refused to play in the nations league. Really his mind should have been made the second he pulled on an Irish senior Jersey. To disrespect the Jersey and country by ditching it after 3 senior appearances would be utterly shameful on his part 
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
Liam Green View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:05am
I agree with greenscene 100%. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:08am
This needs to be moved to the rest of the world section
Howdo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Why? He’s still ours until he says he’s not
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Why? He’s still ours until he says he’s not

As much ours as Ian Paisley. If the bookies had a market I’d back him declaring for England at 1/10. Stick a fork in it, the decisions made
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 236>
  Share Topic