You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 306>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:33am
https://twitter.com/_declanrice/status/900475822208929796

Seems to have been outstanding again judging by the replies
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Sponsored Links

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 1:33am
Sky gave man of the match to the ginger pele but Declan was not too far behind him, been a sensation since the start of the season. Irelands next paul Mcgrath!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Sky gave man of the match to the ginger pele but Declan was not too far behind him, been a sensation since the start of the season. Irelands next paul Mcgrath!!!

Who's the ginger pele? James Collins? Confused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 8:58am
Don't get why he isn't included in the squad, on form he is clearly deserving of it and is starting games in the premiership which some in the squad in his position aren't.
Hi Lads
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

Don't get why he isn't included in the squad, on form he is clearly deserving of it and is starting games in the premiership which some in the squad in his position aren't.

O'Neill names the squad a week or two ago and he has only started his first Premiership game after that.. good chance he'll be in the revised squad
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

O'Neill names the squad a week or two ago and he has only started his first Premiership game after that.. good chance he'll be in the revised squad

I really don't think so. O'Neill is stubbornly loyal. He'd rather go with a fit Stephen Quinn.

Rice will get the nod for the next friendly outing. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:44am
People were calling for Jack Byrne to be called into the Euro squad.

He's played about 3 senior games of football ffs.

Let him play for his club and let me develop, he will get his chance no doubt.

Edited by horsebox - 24 Aug 2017 at 11:08am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:05am
Barring an injury crisis, this is not the time to be introducing a lad like him into the squad. The next round of friendlies is when he should be brought in again and integrated into the team. 
El Puto Amo
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:38am
But it's ok to introduce Kevin long for the Welsh match and McGuire for this round but not Rice! What's the difference? I've seen all West Ham three games so far this season and he is by far their standout player, he may be only 18 but to go straight into a premier league side without any loans or first team experience means you have something special.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:47am

But it's ok to introduce Kevin long for the Welsh match and McGuire for this round but not Rice! What's the difference? I've seen all West Ham three games so far this season and he is by far their standout player, he may be only 18 but to go straight into a premier league side without any loans or first team experience means you have something special.

We have established options in midfield so there's no need to throw Rice in the deep end. 
Why upset the balance of the squad when we are still in a very good position? There is no real need to tinker at the moment. Rice has played a couple of senior games. If he keeps progressing then he'll certainly get his chance 
Admittedly, Long was a bit of a wild card selection but we weren't well stocked with centre halves for that game. Also, Long is much older and more experienced. 

El Puto Amo
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

We have established options in midfield so there's no need to throw Rice in the deep end. 
Why upset the balance of the squad when we are still in a very good position? There is no real need to tinker at the moment. Rice has played a couple of senior games. If he keeps progressing then he'll certainly get his chance 
Admittedly, Long was a bit of a wild card selection but we weren't well stocked with centre halves for that game. Also, Long is much older and more experienced. 

I'm open to correction but I thought Rice was a centre half? In any event I concur with your overall point. Let's give the lad a chance to develop at club level first. If he's truly committed to us then we have nothing to fear. He's an excellent prospect though for sure. There aren't many 18 year olds playing in the Premier League - Irish or otherwise.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:00pm

I think you're right Devro! He came on in midfield versus United which was what threw me there. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:07pm

That would be Kevin Long who had made over a 100 senior appearances for different clubs and Sean Maguire whose call-up has been debated for a year and has only now made the extended squad?
Rice obviously has talent, but the constant overreaction to everything in modern football is part of what destroys it. Well done on seeing all three games, but if playing three senior club games means an international call-up for two absolutely massive games, then we should consider giving up on international football.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:08pm
I don't get people's thinking on this, why are we the only country in the world that you have to be 25 or older to get a full senior cap. Every country gives their brightest youth a chance,England who have plenty of atacking options still brought an 18 year old rashford to the Euros and at the moment Declan is by far our brightest and best young talent.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:08pm
It looks like he's being groomed for a defensive midfield role. I haven't seen an Irish midfield player demand the ball in that way for awhile.

Where as Wes demands to ball to create openings (more often than not). Rice seems like someone in the mould of Roy Keane - demands the balls but keeps it simple. Keeps play moving. Constantly linking play with simple passes. 

Will be interesting to see how he evolves.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:09pm

I don't get people's thinking on this, why are we the only country in the world that you have to be 25 or older to get a full senior cap. Every country gives their brightest youth a chance,England who have plenty of atacking options still brought an 18 year old rashford to the Euros and at the moment Declan is by far our brightest and best young talent.
I can see where the problem might be.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

People were calling for Jack Byrne to be called into the Euro squad.

He's played about 3 senior games of football ffs.

Let him play for his club and let me develop, he will get his chance no doubt.

They are both young prospects, that's were the comparison's stop. Cullen at a Younger age has 3 consecutive appearances for a premiership side, Byrne hasn't played a level higher than the championship

EDIT - f**ked up big time here, Cullen of course was supposed to be Rice!

Edited by Cathalthesmart - 24 Aug 2017 at 12:19pm
Hi Lads
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:12pm
It seems that Adobolo has creamed himself over Rice
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 306>
  Share Topic