You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David O'Leary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Where the f**k is he getting the money

Think he does some punditry in the Middle East. He got a big pay out from that Al Ahli when they gave him the Ruud Gullit 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Think he does some punditry in the Middle East. He got a big pay out from that Al Ahli when they gave him the Ruud Gullit 

In May 2013, he won $5.2m (£3.34m) compensation.  The dispute was settled by Fifa's players' status committee. Al-Ahli claimed O'Leary had abandoned his post, despite previously stating he had been dismissed. O'Leary had won just six of his 15 league games in charge
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:25am
Pity we didn't see much more of him after the Villa job...Would be interesting to see how he would get on in a big job now, would the gap in employment be too long as football has evolved since then?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:26am
Stick a fork him in.
AS YOU WERE McGx

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:38am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He also invested huge amounts in a lot of high end property in Ireland and elsewhere at the start of the Celtic tiger, i remember him him buying a few apartments off the plans out at Howth just over the dart line 1 stop from the main station when i was working there, he then sold them on for an enormous profit something he done with a large amount of proporties at the time he had people in the right places as i remember at the time and done very well off a lot of these deals
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Pity we didn't see much more of him after the Villa job...Would be interesting to see how he would get on in a big job now, would the gap in employment be too long as football has evolved since then?

Was at OTB live in the Helix the other week and O Leary was a guest, he hinted at coming back as a manager but only for the "right project"
...beggars can't be choosers Dave
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:23pm
Saw him packing bags in Super Valu Sutton for minimum wage 2 weeks ago
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:39pm
Always came across as a massive prick, in Quinn's book especially, although that wasn't Quinn's intention. He never struck me as a very good manager either, he must have drove those lads mad in the dressing room! He would be impossible to respect.
As for being linked to the Ireland job, when wasn't he? After Saipan and up to Trap there was a period where it seemed inevitable that he would get, as if that period wasn't bad enough!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:47pm
Would have taken him over Stan tbf although that's not saying much
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:52pm

Would have taken him over Stan tbf although that's not saying much
At least Stan's interviews and press conferences were entertaining, you couldn't help but like Stan and his face that said 'f**k you,hi'. Imagine a year of 'my babies'.Dead
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:53pm
He picked Viduka and Smith ahead of Fowler and Keane says it all really........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

In fairness, Viduka was brilliant for a couple of years at Leeds. Fowler was past it when Liverpool sold him. At that time, there wasn't much between Smith & Keane.

I always liked O'Leary but I cannot see him ever getting a job in the top 2 divisions in England again. He's been out of the game too long.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:05pm
Viduka was absolutely quality, there were very few teams he wouldn't have started at that time. His first touch was unbelievable, imagine how good he would have been if he wasn't a lazy sod! 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Always came across as a massive prick, in Quinn's book especially, although that wasn't Quinn's intention. He never struck me as a very good manager either, he must have drove those lads mad in the dressing room! He would be impossible to respect.
As for being linked to the Ireland job, when wasn't he? After Saipan and up to Trap there was a period where it seemed inevitable that he would get, as if that period wasn't bad enough!

Was it Quinn's book or Tony Cascarino's where there's a story of Aldo taking a pony and putting it under DOL's bed and it sat there for days stinkin?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Was it Quinn's book or Tony Cascarino's where there's a story of Aldo taking a pony and putting it under DOL's bed and it sat there for days stinkin?
Cascarino's, I think. Both were excellent books though.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Viduka was absolute quality.  Fowler was goosed by the time he went to Leeds.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:23pm

Viduka was absolutely quality, there were very few teams he wouldn't have started at that time. His first touch was unbelievable, imagine how good he would have been if he wasn't a lazy sod! 

He was in his early days of Celtic and Leeds but injuries kind of ruined his later career plus him being a lazy sod.. random fact he is Luka Modric's cousin.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:24pm
Viduka was superb. Was completely unplayable at times.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic