You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David O'Leary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by stokes78 stokes78 wrote:

Dave would play nice style of football.I think he should be strong candidate

Yeah some of the stuff his Leeds side played was unreal, probably most exciting side in EPL at time
Yeah but that was 15 years ago. 
Sponsored Links

Garak View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Ludwig von Drake Ludwig von Drake wrote:

Yeah some of the stuff his Leeds side played was unreal, probably most exciting side in EPL at time

That's the factor I'm wondering about. If he could take over, play good ball and compete then why not?
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Eh the fact that clubs haven't even approached him is a big clue. Clubs don't just wait for people to apply you know

That's not what you said - you said he can't get a job in the championship, stating it as fact. You are obviously speculating.

How do you know championship clubs haven't approached him? Again you seem to state this as fact, source?
stokes78 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:32pm

True but we wont be using any of those Leeds players unless Mcphail gets a new club.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:33pm

10 years ago...it's still the same game
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

There was a reason he was managing in the middle east, he couldn't get a job anywhere else.

Athlone or Mullingar I4E
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:37pm
Look lads all candidates will have their chinks in their armour and sure O'Leary has his too but all I'm saying is he will tick many of the boxes and should be considered.

His record is impressive and has been forgotten by many people.
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:39pm

10 years ago...it's still the same game

Their best season in EPL was 99/00, a long time ago. I do like O'Leay but just think it's too much of a chance because he's been out of the game too long.  
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:40pm

Eh the fact that clubs haven't even approached him is a big clue. Clubs don't just wait for people to apply you know

That's not what you said - you said he can't get a job in the championship, stating it as fact. You are obviously speculating.

How do you know championship clubs haven't approached him? Again you seem to state this as fact, source?

It would have gotten out he'd been approached for by 'X' Club in the Irish papers at least.

Are you David O'Leary or somerthing.

I also notice in the MON thread that you ignore the fact the O'Neill has won a trophy in England (something which O'Leary never achived) and won trophies and reached a UEFA Cup final  in Scotland.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:46pm

It would have gotten out he'd been approached for by 'X' Club in the Irish papers at least.

I also notice in the MON thread that you ignore the fact the O'Neill has won a trophy in England (something which O'Leary never achived) and won trophies and reached a UEFA Cup final  in Scotland.

So it's gotta be in the Irish Star to be true?    what are you 14??

I think O'Leary's consistent finishes are a better record than O'Neill winning the tin cup. I think MON is a good manager too but played awful stuff with Sunderland, has lost Robertson and I think he has lost some of his enthusiasm for the game. He should however be on the short list ...with oleary
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:58pm

So it's gotta be in the Irish Star to be true?    what are you 14??

I think O'Leary's consistent finishes are a better record than O'Neill winning the tin cup. I think MON is a good manager too but played awful stuff with Sunderland, has lost Robertson and I think he has lost some of his enthusiasm for the game. He should however be on the short list ...with oleary

Where exactly did I say the Irish Star. You do realise there's more than one Irish paper. Again if O'Leary is so consistent and such a good manager why hasn't put himself forward  for a EPL/Championship job. Plenty of jobs have come up over the last few year or so Wigan,Swansea,Southampton,Reading. etc....

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:34pm
Steve Staunton part deux
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:34pm
Did O'leary not get sacked from Leeds and Villa?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:48pm

Yes but sure Trap was sacked by Inter, Bayern and Italy.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:55pm
TBF Trap did win league titles at Bayern and Inter something which O'Leary didn't at Leeds or Villa

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Sep 2013 at 11:00pm

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:14am

And out in UAE.

Has won nothing and couldn't hang on to any job.
I seriously doubt that Dave 'me babies' O'Leary, is up to the task.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

And out in UAE.

Has won nothing and couldn't hang on to any job.
I seriously doubt that Dave 'me babies' O'Leary, is up to the task.
I

What has Mick McCarthy, Roy Keane or Brian McDermott ever won. Finishing top 4 these days is considered as good as a trophy and there was the small matter of 2 European semi finals one of which paled into insignificance due to the death of 2 Leeds fans in turkey.

He may not have won silverware but he is our most successful manager. Mick has been relegated and sacked how many times? McDermott only kept his first job in management for what 2 and half seasons:. Both men now manage mid-table championship teams. Roy keane has been bombed out of his 1st 2 jobs without lAsting the 2nd season. MON got sacked after 2 seasons with villa and 1 year with Sunderland.

If these guys are the standard for the short list then o'leary should be on it
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:33am
David o'leary will never get a job in soccer again.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic