You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: David McGoldrick
    Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 8:29am
From today's Indo.

Ipswich Town striker David McGoldrick is to contact the FAI to make them aware of his eligibility to play for Ireland. The 26-year-old won the Championship Player of the Month in September and qualifies for Ireland through his grandparents.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 8:52am
Burst onto the scene at Southampton then seemed to simmer somewhat. 
Himself and Murphy doing well at the minute.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 9:13am
My aul fella has said for years anytime McGoldrick scores that he is eligible for Ireland, and i've always doubted him as i've never heard it mentioned anywhere else

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 9:29am
AS YOU WERE McGx

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:21pm
The same David McGoaldrought that used to play for Saints back in our dark days....Woefully inconsistant and not good enough to don the green shirt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:30pm
If he is anything like his namesake then no thanksWink
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 1:28pm
another option I suppose, but we've got better available to us at the moment.
We're decent enough..
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 8:21pm
Lets have another look at his team mate Darryl Murphy first. Also at 26 he waited along time before deciding he wanted to play for us.
alive and kicking
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:44am
Think Murphys ship has sailed at 30. Loves to bang in a few for Ipswich though!

McGoldrick has made himself known to the FAI long before now. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

keith3307 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith3307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 10:08pm
He has more goals this season than any Irish player in the premier league or championship so based on that he deserves a look.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 12:41pm
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/363670/Ipswich-frontman-David-McGoldrick-tipped-for-Ireland-call-up-after-he-downs-lowly-Bolton

I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 12:53pm
Stephen Hunt certainly giving him an endorsement in the media today.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 1:05pm
We can't turn down good strikers and his record ain't bad...if he is genuine and puts in the shifts he is more than welcome.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 1:24pm
no thanks 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

no thanks 

Why not?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 2:09pm
27 year old journey man who has a sudden burst of irishness.... nah. id rather give darly murphy the nod.

from observing from a far id guess at least a good 30%-40% of his goals are from the penalty spot.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 2:41pm

27 year old journey man who has a sudden burst of irishness.... nah. id rather give darly murphy the nod.

from observing from a far id guess at least a good 30%-40% of his goals are from the penalty spot.

Check out when Claret Murphs first game at Lansdowne Road was TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
AKA pedantic kunt
IrwinClass View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrwinClass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 2:42pm

So instead of a 26 year old journeyman, you'd prefer to give a 30 year old journeyman who has scored 7 less goals this season a go instead. Hmm. Makes sense.

He has 3 pens this season and 12 from open play for a grand total of 15 goals. That's 20% of his goals by my maths. We're lucky that we have so many players with 12 or more goals this season from open play that we don't even need to consider a player with this paltry amount...

On paper at least he appears to be worth the consideration of Martin and Roy to make a call on him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 43>
  Share Topic