You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 43>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 10:28am
Even if you take the 2 goals out of his game last night, he was a class act.

one ball high in the air, mcgoldrick under pressure from lindelof and mcgoldricks control was sublime. Found himself out on the left a good bit.

His work rate in the game was incredible too. 

I'd say hes irelands best player that isn't a defender. 

Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 10:35am
I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back for at least one or two windows without committing to the likes of the summer friendlies or the matches in March given this will be a long season for PL players. 

Part of me wants to move on but he is still an important player and I think he’d work well with Connolly. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Even if you take the 2 goals out of his game last night, he was a class act.

one ball high in the air, mcgoldrick under pressure from lindelof and mcgoldricks control was sublime. Found himself out on the left a good bit.

His work rate in the game was incredible too. 

I'd say hes irelands best player that isn't a defender. 

He was our best player the last couple of years. Good performances were few and far between for us, but any that we had McGoldrick was central to them. He'll be a massive miss
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Stephen Kenny needs to contact McGoldrick and emphasise the importance of the role he can play in the qualifiers. I'm not sure what Kenny's reaction was to the retirement - maybe he wasn't unhappy with it. Whatever, he should be knocking down McGoldrick's door. 

He should definitely make a phone call but I suspect McGoldrick will stick to his decision.
Somebody said above he has 4 kids and recently divorced so he probably wants to spend more time with the kids.
And he is in the prem for the first time in his career so probably wants to make an impression. Has 4 goals so far this season.

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Stephen Kenny needs to contact McGoldrick and emphasise the importance of the role he can play in the qualifiers. I'm not sure what Kenny's reaction was to the retirement - maybe he wasn't unhappy with it. Whatever, he should be knocking down McGoldrick's door. 

He should definitely make a phone call but I suspect McGoldrick will stick to his decision.
Somebody said above he has 4 kids and recently divorced so he probably wants to spend more time with the kids.
And he is in the prem for the first time in his career so probably wants to make an impression. Has 4 goals so far this season.

If he could just play the 2 Serb and 2 Lux games - that will do us.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 12:07pm
Unfortunately I'd say he is further away than ever from a potential comeback after last night. He may well have seen his return to the Sheff United starting line-up and subsequent performance as a vindication of his decision.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I don't know, it could be a bit disrespectful especially when McGoldrick apparently had a long think about it. He deserves to have his decision respected given how professional he has been and the service he has given. 

I could understand  Kenny contacting him if he retired because he fell out with a previous manager or something like that but it just looks like he has made the right decision career wise. 

I suppose it might be no harm if Kenny just let him know that the door is always open if he changes his mind but he's probably already done that anyway. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Unfortunately I'd say he is further away than ever from a potential comeback after last night.

This.

Its two sided. Either he is in the SU team, and scoring (and/or assisting), and wants to focus on maintaining that, or else he is out of the team and wants to work at getting back in. Also, from a practical point of view, Qatar 2022 is two years away. In normal times (or previously normal), we would be three/four games deep into WC Qualification, and I suspect he would be there, but now, we are waiting another four months to start, for a competition which, at the time which will be 18 months away.

Truth is, I'd like him back, and I'd like to see him playing as a deep lying striker, behind somebody else. However, I don't expect it.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 1:58pm
Was good to see him score last night in fairness

Great to see him nick a few goals. Your heart would break for Sheffield Utd as they are not as bad as the table shows even results not many teams run them over just late goals/rub of the green in certain games early on hasn’t gone their way.

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Dec 2020 at 1:59pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Was good to see him score last night in fairness

Great to see him nick a few goals. Your heart would break for Sheffield Utd as they are not as bad as the table shows even results not many teams run them over just late goals/rub of the green in certain games early on hasn’t gone their way.

They lost 9 games by a single goal.
Last season they were the ones winning by a single goal.

Not scoring enough this season.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:53pm
Sheffield United are pretty much relegated already and he's not going to get another PL move.

As I said, I could easily see him playing for us again in a few months - since the reported reason for his Intl retirement was to prolong his PL career.

There's not going to be a PL career to prolong and it's going to be a big ask for this SU team to get promoted a second time, and even if they did, a 35 year old isn't going to be central to their plans.

It's feasible that SU's relegation could be mathematically confirmed by the time we play again so I reckon Intl football will become an attractive proposition again in a way it wouldn't have if SU built on last season.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:53pm
He did well tonight for United i must say 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:00pm
Hes retired. End of.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 5:50pm

Scores again today. 

PLEASE COME BACK
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 6:00pm
Took his goal well good headed from a good ball in, spurs third was a similiar goal like Ings v the SaintsEvil Smile
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Scores again today. 

PLEASE COME BACK

Has he unsubbed from YBIG ?
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 7:20pm
Been the best Irish player in the English top flight this season by a country mile. I wonder has Kenny any thoughts on asking him to reconsider? Would be a serious asset for the opener in Belgrade.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Been the best Irish player in the English top flight this season by a country mile. I wonder has Kenny any thoughts on asking him to reconsider? Would be a serious asset for the opener in Belgrade.

It ain't going to happen and Kenny would have to thread carefully as it could be seen as bit disrespectful seeing as Kenny looks to have drawn a line under it. 

Kenny didn't say the door is always open or anything like that and highlighted the fact McGoldrick will be 35 by the time the world cup would come around so it's a non-runner for me. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 43>
  Share Topic