Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Murphy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:49pm
Sweet suffering jaysus. It feels like a time warp. Seriously depressing stuff.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:13pm
Don't really see the point in it either tbh, but it was a predictable one nonetheless. He's also talking about keeping Glenn Whelan around. No mention of Crowley, which isn't great considering he's talked about so many other eligible players.
We're decent enough..
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:22pm
Be interesting to see if he still wants to come back now with MON getting the Forest job. MON won’t be happy if Mick convinced him to come back. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Be interesting to see if he still wants to come back now with MON getting the Forest job. MON won’t be happy if Mick convinced him to come back. 

If anyone is good at talking players out of playing for Ireland its MON
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

If anyone is good at talking players out of playing for Ireland its MON

LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Sweet suffering jaysus. It feels like a time warp. Seriously depressing stuff.
Hans my man I have to agree with you here, the writing is on the wall for us again, it looks like it’s going to be more of the same just that there will be a little bit of initial fizz
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:04pm
I’m not against it at all lads. McCarthy has been thrown into the deep end. He has 8 games to qualify us to Euro 2020. His reign will be judged a success or failure on that basis. He knows Murphy well and we lack a target man since he’s retired. Even if we was available just for the first 4 qualifiers this season, it has to be seen as a bonus!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
Nothing wrong with having a target man on the bench for a Plan B or C.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm
Don't disagree about having a target man in the squad or even the starting 11 if that's how we want to play. No issue at all with that. Murphy is 35 and will 37 by the time the Euros come around. I'm not one either to simply write off someone for their age. It's just a sign that we are going nowhere in terms of freshening up the squad and trying to push on. Instead we are turning to lads like Murphy, who was never exactly a star player for us, and he's nearly finishing up in his career. 

It's just so f*cking depressing. We should have spent the past 12 months blooding players of all ages, trying to build a new squad. Instead this is going on. As mentioned, I've no doubt Whelan will be asked to get back involved also. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:16pm
Sure what age was Cascarino when he was throwing shapes at the Turks in 1999? A target man doesn't need pace but does need guile and, more importantly, experience.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Sure what age was Cascarino when he was throwing shapes at the Turks in 1999? A target man doesn't need pace but does need guile and, more importantly, experience.

He was sh*te from memory in those games against Turkey. Was done  

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jan 2019 at 10:31pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:33pm
Jutkiewicz is 6 years younger and having a much better season than Murphy, if Mick's looking for a target man, you'd think that would be the obvious choice; especially given his apparent openness to recruit eligible players. His good relationship with Murphy obviously plays it's part in his decision though.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:44pm
Ach away on out of that with your Jutkiewicz talk again
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:54pm
I don't want either of them particularly, but if we have to have a "target man" in the squad, then he's undoubtedly the better option now.
We're decent enough..
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:01pm
Our first target man is going to be S Long
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

He was sh*te from memory in those games against Turkey. Was done  

He was  beyond sh*te. It was incredible that any manager would still play Cascarino at that stage in such high level games. It was a sad sight tbh for a player who was very good for Ireland. Should never have still been involved with us at that stage, and I'm happy it's been pointed out that McCarthy has previous in this regard - the old chestnut of just keeping on using players he trusts even if they are well past it. Grim times ahead.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Jan 2019 at 11:18pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:32pm
In 1996-1997 McCarthy used almost everybody at his disposal. I think John Sheridan, Chris Morris and Eddie McGoldrick were never capped, but even the likes of Packie Bonner got a game. Sure, there were a few players who were capped only once or twice, but they were given a shot. He won’t have the 10 or so friendly matches to bed in a team, but he’ll want a wide panel. 
As such, I’m not surprised he is making offers m. Would Wes be on the cards?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In 1996-1997 McCarthy used almost everybody at his disposal. I think John Sheridan, Chris Morris and Eddie McGoldrick were never capped, but even the likes of Packie Bonner got a game. Sure, there were a few players who were capped only once or twice, but they were given a shot. He won’t have the 10 or so friendly matches to bed in a team, but he’ll want a wide panel. 
As such, I’m not surprised he is making offers m. Would Wes be on the cards?

You’re on the right track. 
As the Article stated he’s not doing it to automatically select him, he’s just opening up every option available.

It’s pretty obvious as he’s reconfirmed Will Keane’s desire to play for Ireland. Will aint getting called up until he gets a massive run of games and Mick even said that he hopes the move to Ipswich does that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061>
  Share Topic