You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Murphy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 61>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 4:34pm
Played very well judging by the Newcastle forum
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Sponsored Links

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:23pm
Scores against Ipswich. Anytime he's got the chance to play this season he's done well.
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm
5th goal in his 10th league appearance if I'm correct
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:25pm
Nice   finish Clap
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:42pm
6th in 11 games overall! Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 9:19pm
A real shame he's had a stop start season. Can't see him staying with them if they secure promotion but he's made his few bob with that transfer.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:12am
Was it a 2 year deal he got? If so, it is unlikely that they will let him go next season and he will play at least some part in the Premier League as back up.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Was it a 2 year deal he got? If so, it is unlikely that they will let him go next season and he will play at least some part in the Premier League as back up.

Yep signed a 2 year deal I believe, He will prob stay but I definitely say he'll be offered out to Championship clubs especially if a new forward is brought in which I'd fully expect to happen.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

I don't believe Benitez bought him. Mike Ashley was behind that purchase.
He won't be there next season, and lets be honest he isn't up to that standard.

Rafa was 100% behind Murphy signing. He wanted to bring in cover for Strikers who had Championship experience Murphy was it

Ashley wouldn't buy a player over 28 much less 33.

dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 12:01pm
He has scored some really good goals this year if he gets a run till and of season who knows he might just stay . Would start him ahead of Long agaisnt Austria.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 8:49am
Birmingham city being linked with the Murph.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:03am
He doesn't offer much in my opinion. Was cat when he came on against Austria. Maybe just one of those games but Walters was running and moving while Murphy looked tired and could barely win a header. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:05am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

He doesn't offer much in my opinion. Was cat when he came on against Austria. Maybe just one of those games but Walters was running and moving while Murphy looked tired and could barely win a header. 

Is there an obsession with this word of late?

I've heard it plenty of times over the years but why is something "cat"?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

To be honest, no. It's more of a cork term. Just poor.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:08am

I know it's a derogatory term. Just don't get it Confused

Anyway, back on topic.

No surprise. Was always going to be surplus to requirements for the EPL. He'd have known this himself. He got a big pay day signing on and will hopefully land another 1 year (with the option of another) at a decent championship side. 

He needs wingers supplying the bullets. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:09am

Anyway, back on topic.

No surprise. Was always going to be surplus to requirements for the EPL. He'd have known this himself. He got a big pay day signing on and will hopefully land another 1 year (with the option of another) at a decent championship side. 

Thoughts on him when he came on Sunday? I found him very frustrating. Usually better. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:14am

Anyway, back on topic.

Thoughts on him when he came on Sunday? I found him very frustrating. Usually better. 

He has very little mobility. I like Daryl. But more out of willing him to do well as opposed to believing in his ability.

Still think he is an option for us but as said above, he needs crosses to utilise his aerial threat. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 9:19am

He was effective at occupying their defence and giving them an extra body to worry about - I'm fairly sure this freed up space for others. Don't feel the ball really came in to him much though - even the long hoofs seemed to be still heading in Walters' direction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 61>
  Share Topic