You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Murphy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 61>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 7:31am
I think Paradise would be a good move for the Murph.
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 10:30pm
Daily Mail are saying that Celtic have put a £3 mill bid in for DM
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
bannedscientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannedscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 4:46am
lovely 300k for the blues

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 11:17am
St Ledger, Daryl Murphy, Lawrence, S.Reid, Keano and Paul Green Celtic have gone for or are going this summer, are they trying to put out an all Irish 11? WOuld the people here who hate Celtic like them then I wonder
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Jonesy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 5:05am
Looks like the Murph deal is only £25,000 off hapening.
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP
Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 5:22am
Lennys first signing ?
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 9:40am
I reckon he's no worse than Leon Best, Caleb Folan or Cillian Sheridan. He's a big lad and he's versatile enough to play as a winger. Hopefully a Premier League team will come in for him and he'll fight his way back into Trapattoni's thoughts.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 9:44am

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has admitted that he is looking to sign Sunderland striker Daryl Murphy.

Lennon watched his strikers draw a blank in last night’s 1-0 defeat from Philadelphia Union and is keen to bring in a striker or two to the club.

Interest in Robbie Keane and Craig Bellamy will probably depend on the sale of Aiden McGeady with Georgios Samaras another likely departure.

Murphy spent part of last season on loan at Ipswich and is available for £1m from Sunderland where he is out of Steve Bruce’s plans.

Asked about transfer activity following the Philadelphia defeat Lennon admitted: “We’re pretty close to Murphy. He’s quick, he’s 6 foot 2 or 3 and I’ve watched him for a few years.

“I first noticed him playing for Ireland on an end of season tour of America and I’ve kept an eye on him ever since.

“He was at Ipswich on loan and could do all right for us, playing for Celtic would appeal to him, he knows about the club with his background. That could play a big part.”

Morten Rasmussen and Paul McGowan started last night’s match with Ben Hutchinson and Cillian Sheridan appearing as second half substitutes.

dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:19am
looks like the lad will be joining bar some hitch. lenny wants him to come out to american straight away if he signes for the us tour

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/t.../98485329.html

go to the bottom left hand and click on number 6
put em under pressure!
BirminghamDamo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirminghamDamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:40am
BBC%20SPORT
Black Cats' Murphy set for Celtic

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has revealed he is close to signing Sunderland striker Daryl Murphy.

And the 27-year-old Republic of Ireland international could join up with the rest of the squad on Celtic's tour of North America.

Having signed Mexico international Efrain Juarez, Lennon told philly.com: "We think we're pretty close with Murphy from Sunderland as well.

"He's quick, he's six foot two and I've watched him a lot for a few years now."

Asked if Murphy would be joining Celtic in America, Lennon replied: "If we can get it done, yeah.

"He was playing for Ireland in an end of season tour in America, he caught my eye and I've kept an eye on him ever since.

"I think he'd do all right, he could take the hits for us up here."

Murphy joined Sunderland in 2005 and had a loan spell with Ipswich last year, scoring six times in 18 appearances.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8826815.stm

Published: 2010/07/15 19:11:47 GMT

© BBC MMX
NEW EURO 2012 BADGE AVAILABLE, PM FOR DETAILS!
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:15am
Don't think its a good move for either party.
It's a walk-off!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 7:44am

Sunderland have given Daryl Murphy permission to speak with Celtic ahead of a proposed switch to Parkhead.

The two clubs came to an agreement regarding a fee for the forward on Thursday and are keen to push the deal through.

Murphy is therefore free to talk terms with the Hoops and put the finishing touches to a Scottish switch.

"The clubs have agreed terms, it is now down to the player," said Sunderland's assistant manager Eric Black.

Update

"He has been given permission to go and speak to them, which I think he was doing last night.

"We should have an update on that today (Friday), with a bit of luck."

Murphy, a Republic of Ireland international, joined the Black Cats from Irish outfit Waterford for £100,000 in June 2005.

He has, however, been unable to hold down regular first-team football at the Stadium of Light and spent the second half of last season on loan at Ipswich Town.

The 27-year-old is one of a number of players deemed surplus to requirements by Sunderland boss Steve Bruce, as he attempts to re-shape his squad ahead of the 2010/11 campaign.

put em under pressure!
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 8:26am
IMO Murphy isn't a great player and will never be a regular for us. I also think that he's not the player Celtic need at the minute.
It's a walk-off!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 9:47am
put em under pressure!
BirminghamDamo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirminghamDamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 10:04am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

hes signed for celtic

BBC%20SPORT
Black Cats' Murphy joins Celtic

Daryl Murphy has joined Celtic from Sunderland for a reported fee of £1.5m.

The 27-year-old striker, who is a Republic of Ireland international, has signed a three-year deal with the Glasgow club.

Murphy is manager Neil Lennon's fifth signing of the summer, with five players also leaving the club.

Speaking ahead of the transfer's completion, Lennon told philly.com: "He's quick, he's six foot two and I've watched him a lot for a few years now."

"He was playing for Ireland in an end of season tour in America, he caught my eye and I've kept an eye on him ever since.

"I think he'd do all right, he could take the hits for us up here."

Murphy joined Sunderland in 2005 and had a loan spell with Ipswich last year, scoring six times in 18 appearances.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8826815.stm

Published: 2010/07/16 14:18:18 GMT

© BBC MMX

NEW EURO 2012 BADGE AVAILABLE, PM FOR DETAILS!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 12:37am

14 goals in 110 odd appearances, that is some shocking return in fairness!

Prob still better than Heskey's record LOL
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 4:51am
When he proves yiz wrong, I'll be back to remind yiz.  He's better than Samaras or Fortune if he's given a run in the team.  Good signing in my opinion.  Gwan Murph, best of luck in Paradise. Thumbs%20Up
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 4:57am
no disrespect to daryl murphy but it shows the level that scotish football is at when its biggest club airs him as a major summer signing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 61>
  Share Topic