You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Murphy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daryl Murphy
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:36am
Celtic according to local radio in Sunderland this morning !
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Sponsored Links

dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:54am

May 21 2010 By Mark Guidi

CELTIC will make a move to sign Daryl Murphy from Sunderland - after the club appoints their new manager.

Record Sport can reveal the Republic of Ireland star - who can play wide left or through the middle - is a s900,000 target for the Hoops.

Despite the fact Celtic have not named their new gaffer a list of signing targets have been compiled with owner Dermot Desmond being kept fully informed.

Murphy was signed by Mick McCarthy in 2005 from Waterford and made an impact.

The player is under contract until the summer of 2012 but lost his place in the team last season when Steve Bruce took over.

Murphy was loaned to Ipswich in February to team up with his former Stadium of Light boss Roy Keane. He would like to sign the player and Reading have declared an interest to Sunderland.

But it's understood the tall and powerful 27-year-old is aware of Celtic's interest and would welcome a move to Parkhead. Neil Lennon is still favourite to land the job and Parkhead sources have indicated Desmond is ready to name the new gaffer next week.

The club have sent out the strongest hintyet that Lennon will have a major part to play next season - byinviting him to tour Britain and Ireland with chief executive PeterLawwell to outline their vision of their future to fans.

Although the interim boss has yet to hear ifhe's to land the job it's unthinkable he would be invited to such ahigh-profile tour if the club were not keen to retain his services insome capacity.

Meetings

The Celtic Trust will host the first of theseries of meetings a week today at St Michael's Chapel Hall in the eastend of Glasgow before the pair embark on a mini-tour.

The initiative was suggested by Trustmembers in a bid to clear the air and a statement on the Celtic Trust'swebsite read: "Some of you may have seen a suggestion from the Trustrecently that one way to stave off the expected decline inseason-ticket sales would be for Neil Lennon to go and spell out hisvision to the support and ask for their backing for next season .

"We are delighted to announce this idea hasbeen taken up by Celtic. Celtic have decided the chief executive PeterLawwell and the current manager. Neil Lennon will embark on a series ofmeetings with supporters across Scotland, Ireland and England.

"The Celtic Trust has been asked to host thefirst of these meetings ... and the format of the meeting will be apresentation by Peter Lawwell and Neil Lennon followed by somequestions from the Trust and thereafter the meeting will be thrown opento questions from the floor.

"This is an excel lent initiative and the Trust is very happy to support it.

"This is an opportunity for supporters toget behind the club and to be part of the process of rebuilding theclub and the team to the point where Celtic Park becomes a place to befeared for our opponents and a place for us to have a right good time.

"But our support is not to be taken forgranted. The club must recognise that we have more to contribute thanjust our cash. We have ideas, we have imagination and we have totalcommitment."

put em under pressure!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:20am

pointless signing by celtic imo

not good enough

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 May 2010 at 3:30am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:39am
If he can score goals in the championchip then he can definitely score goals in the SPL.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:57am

Charlie adam hit 16 goals from midfield in the championship this season for blackpool and cudnt get near the rangers team

i thinkMurphy plays more as a wide player and i wud rate mcgeady, maloney, mcginn and mccourt all as better players.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 May 2010 at 3:57am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:18am
He's a striker but yeah I don't know if he would get too much game time at Celtic. Although he is big and powerful and it's kind of what you need when you play in a scrappy league
Ash. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:51am
Bit crazy all this talk of signing him when a full time manager hasnt been appointed. What if whoever gets the job doesnt rate him
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:54am
He seemed to do well enough at Ipswich and it seems like Lenny might be getting the job, which I would fully support.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:10am
never got a fair crack for ireland imo, far better option than best up front, i have a feeling we will not be seeing much of best in the next campaign
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

never got a fair crack for ireland imo, far better option than best up front, i have a feeling we will not be seeing much of best in the next campaign

Agree Citizen, I don't rate Best at all.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:48am
Stokes has proved he can score in the SPL with 2 different clubs so could the Murph if he got some quality service.
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:40am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Agree Citizen, I don't rate Best at all.

Good point, neither do I tbh.
The only way is up
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:43am

Agree with ya, think Murphy is well capable of performing in Scotland.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:25am
i think he'd be capable of getting a good few goals. would like to see celtic try and get stokes tho. the man is really bangin em in. already had a season in scotland. murphy might not hit the ground running. if celtic manage to get stephen reid, jimmy bullard, stokes/murphy and a central defender, it will bring up their chances of success significantly for next season. only problem is reid and bullard are very injury prone so it is a big risk
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
sniffybumbum View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniffybumbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:28pm
I think he'll actually prosper in the SPL, considering the generous defences at most SPL clubs. Sure, not a wonder-signing, but as good if not better than the signings of Camara, Fortune and VofH in recent years IMHO
GAF1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by sniffybumbum sniffybumbum wrote:

I think he'll actually prosper in the SPL, considering the generous defences at most SPL clubs. Sure, not a wonder-signing, but as good if not better than the signings of Camara, Fortune and VofH in recent years IMHO

ur havin a laugh,big jan scored in big games,quite injury prone but still done it.fortune when let play was decent and will be far better nxt season.tell me ur on about kamara rather than camara about bein poor.camara scored goals and moved on to west brom i tink and scored there 2.

pointless exercise him movin to celtic.he mite strengthen up the 3rd team maybe.he'll be behind rasmussen,fortune and imo behind sheridan and mcgowan 2.and you can be sure celtic will buy another attacker durin the summer to.

dundee utd or aberdeen may suit him more
niall quinns disco pants-from paris 2 bari and beyond
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 8:28am
Have Celtic got a Manager yet and will his first item to be to get rid of all the signings made in his absence?
There are friendlier places to drink.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by sniffybumbum sniffybumbum wrote:

VofH did very well in the first couple of years at Celtic. Again injury took its toll etc..
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>
  Share Topic