You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Horgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 59>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 7:47am
Anyone I've seen him in a green shirt (albeit always in friendlies) he has been solid. I'd have him in before Curtis that's for sure. Not that that's saying much. 
Sponsored Links

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:19am
dont think he will ever feature again in an irish squad or even in an extended squad. not good enough 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:48am
He's certainly good enough, he's got excellent technical ability. He lacks consistency badly though, and unless he can put a good run together then he will be hard pushed to make squads. Having Kenny in charge who obviously knows and rates him is a benefit though.
We're decent enough..
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

A regular for us in a few years?? He's 24. If he's not a regular in the next 12 months, then I doubt he'll be up to much in a few years. 

I'll take a stab, and say he's not even in the squad in 12 months.

He was 24 four years ago.

Re: Ronan Curtis
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Anyone I've seen him in a green shirt (albeit always in friendlies) he has been solid. I'd have him in before Curtis that's for sure. Not that that's saying much. 
Although Curtis has gone up a level in the last year agreed neither of them at this are anywhere near starting for us and to be honest you would be hard pressed to have them in the squad especially with the young attacking talent on the scene Mcgoldrick and Robinson improving and Long. Not to mention O’Dowda Ogden’s and Sadlier now all playing. Championship football another 3 ahead of Curtis and Horgan  
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 10:45am
Knight, Smallbone and Connolly would also be ahead of them too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 11:00am

I actually thought Horgan did ok for us in the limited amount of time he played for Ireland. He took his man on, got to the byline and delivered a couple of decent crosses. 
Overall his time in the UK has been a disappointment though. I thought he might cut it in the Championship but that didn't happen and he's in and out at Hibs. 
With the greatest of respect to him, I hope with the talent we have coming through that Kenny will be looking elsewhere when he is picking his squad. But who knows what might happen if Horgan can put some good form together. 
El Puto Amo
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

A regular for us in a few years?? He's 24. If he's not a regular in the next 12 months, then I doubt he'll be up to much in a few years. 

I'll take a stab, and say he's not even in the squad in 12 months.

He was 24 four years ago.

Re: Ronan Curtis

Do people actually read the comments before they start typing responses?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's certainly good enough, he's got excellent technical ability. He lacks consistency badly though, and unless he can put a good run together then he will be hard pushed to make squads. Having Kenny in charge who obviously knows and rates him is a benefit though.

He's clearly not good enough. With respect to Daryl Horgan, he's not international standard and would not advance us one iota. He's doing OK at Hibs which is a reasonable return for his ability. 

What disgraceful comment! How dare you post such slanderous drivel about an upstanding professional!!Big smileLOL
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 1:37pm

He's clearly not good enough. With respect to Daryl Horgan, he's not international standard and would not advance us one iota. He's doing OK at Hibs which is a reasonable return for his ability. 

What disgraceful comment! How dare you post such slanderous drivel about an upstanding professional!!Big smileLOL
Clearly not a personal attack on Daryl. That's your department.

Nice to see that you still can't understand how ridiculous your bleating sounds from the reverse viewpoint LOL
We're decent enough..
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 1:38pm

LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 2:45pm
No your style is to personally attack the poster you disagree with.

You're incapable of controlling your emotions on here when fighting your corner, chill out a bit Big smile
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 3:15pm
You've basically proven my point again, that you're incapable of a mature debate without restoring to name calling or controlling your emotions.

When I say Whelan or McClean aren't good enough that's my opinion, I don't resort to personal attacks about their private lives or call them derogatory names etc so you need to move on from imagining such. What I say is no worse than you saying Horgan isn't good enough, my points of course devoid of emotion unlike others.....

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

No your style is to personally attack the poster you disagree with.

You're incapable of controlling your emotions on here when fighting your corner, chill out a bit Big smile
Only when they make personal attacks on players. And, like you're demonstrating, you and the other clown can't take it. By the way, I'm as chilled as a witch's tit. 

Now now, don't let that temper get the better of you! Poor Daryl has taken enough of your vitriolic criticism for one day, any more would just be cruel!
We're decent enough..
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:49pm
Good cross into the box today that led to Wycombe equaliser.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 28 Nov 2020 at 4:56pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 5:00pm
he is a useful player, gets talked down because of his team profile
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 6:59pm
Being honest I didn't think Horgan or Curtis were anywhere near good enough for the Irish squad but if there's one thing Kenny got right in a disappointing Nations League campaign is that he had no qualms about recalling these fringe players to the squad. 

I know we were crippled with injuries and covid withdrawals but both Horgan & Curtis did pretty decent and deserve to be there or thereabouts on being called up to future squads. 

Edited by irishmufc - 28 Nov 2020 at 7:00pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 10:15am

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

he is a useful player, gets talked down because of his team profile

I plead guilty to criticising Horgan in the past. Mea culpa. He started two of Kenny's Awful Eight and was excellent in one and solid in the other. But he was dragged early in both games. 

Collins (the other hopeless  makeweight) was also good and had two shots on target against Bulgaria. Unheard of! He was subbed off too. 

Horgan and Collins were playing regular football, Brady and hourihane were not. Could be one of the factors when it comes to performance 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 59>
  Share Topic