You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 155>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

forgot to update this in a while

no word on the blog,   too busy with the travelling

anyway, Last weekend was Bruges. Was played in the Belfry tower so a fairly decent venue. Didnt play well atall. which was f**king horrid annoying after a good performance in Germany. lost on the bubble for ranking points both days. Missed several darts at doubles to win both games. lost them both 4-3

Bank holiday monday went down to south england for a major bank holiday open.. won my first 3 games. then got blitzed by richard north (PDC tour) 4-0 in the last 8. Prizemoney didnt even cover the cost of the f**kin train from waterloo to Basingstoke.

Didnt pick up a dart for the rest of the week

4 nightshifts later and it was an early trip to tallin in Estonia for the weekend just gone. Hit the bed when I arrived as I was f**ked. Up at 7 pm for a quick walk around the venue, back up to the room after grub and watched some snooker highlights. never threw a dart and said it would be what would be the following morning

Next morning for the 2017 Estonian Open. it started at the last 128 stage.. plenty of Byes for the locals (Dodgey enough draw ) Played well all morning and smashed my way through the field 4-0 4-0 4-0 to reach the last 16. I played an english geezer who was fairly handy.. I wired double tops for a 106 checkout when 1-0 down. went 2-0 and then drew one back.. Missed 3 darts at double 8 and ended up 3- 1 down.. brought it back to 3-2 and with him sitting on 40 in the next leg i went 60 60 and f**king wired tops again for a 160 check out . he took out his finish and it was a 4-2 defeat and a 9th place finish.. 6 ranking points and the cost of the outbound flight was gained back in prizemoney.

out on the town then to the main square.. into the irish bar on the square which is now been renamed mad murphys ( Was molly malones when we were there for the playoff) 3am finish there with some decent steak and Guinness to finish the night.

Estonian masters the next morning and i got f**kign shafted with the draw. I got Alexander Oreshkin who has played for Russia in the PDC world cup of darts several times   2015/2016 the latest so fairly recently.. Anyway i played some super stuff and must have averaged near 100 for the game.. i hit 4 180s over the 6 legs and he hit 5 or 6 140s in return so i was under pressure throughout, Doubles went out fairly quickly and i progressed with a 4-2 win.. smashed my way through the field 4-0 4-1 4-0 4-0 from then on and into the last 8

I was then up against the bollox who knocked me out of the german open in the last 64 . World Number 9 Darius Labnauskaus. Lost the first 2 legs and then broke back with an 11 darter. hit 140 to leave 40 after 12 in the 4th leg and the bollox took out 72 on double 8 with the last dart in hand. next leg i broke him back with a 180 140 145 and took out 36 on the 2nd go for another 11 darter. With the throw to bring it back to 3 all and i hit a 177 after 12 to again leave 40.. he checked out 84, again on double 8 with the last dart in his f**king hand.   was hard to take as it was defo another game in the high 90 averages for meself. the cost of the return flight plus some of the hotel money cost was gained back in prizemoney this time and 8 more ranking points. 14 in total for the weekend which im pleased about. moves me onto 24 and around 110 in the BDO Seasonal World Rankings. Hopefully some decent results over the next few weeks can see me into the top 100

Labnauskaus bet an Estonian in the semi final

Then he hosed up in the final 5-1 over an english geezer.. threw no darts in them 2 games like he threw against me. so i have no doubt if i had a shot of doubles against him id have beaten him and won the whole thing outright. part time darter and tunnel worker giving out as he was sat on a double 2 times in a 4-2 defeat to the world number 9 and im giving out like f**k

anyway , back from estonia today.   2 hour f**king delay in stanstad with the crowds at passport control.. in work now for 4 nightshifts then we go again this weekend in Esbjerg in Denmark.. Flights to Copenhagen friday then the Ice train across the country to Esjberg

Over and Out!

Clap

Splendid stuff. 

We'll be seeing you at Lakeside next year yet.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:52pm
Great read chief, best of luck to you in Denmark & further afield. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:59pm
Cheers for the update, good luck in Denmark. Are any of these ever streamed online anywhere?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:02pm
Good stuff !!! Keep those ranking points ticking over !

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:57pm
Always enjoy reading 👍
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 4:59am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Cheers for the update, good luck in Denmark. Are any of these ever streamed online anywhere?

streamed regularly

Draw in for Denmark Open on Saturday. Ive got a bye in round 1 and will play a Danish geezer in the 2nd round. Ive never heard of him.. Hopefully i can take him out and ita very likely I will then meet 2015 World Champion Scott Mitchell in round 3. (Provided he wins his 2nd round game)

Coming off a good weekend in Estonia I rekon ill take him
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:48am
Great stuff Daboi.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:54am
Scotty Dog versus The Bulldozer - Only ends one way !!!
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Scotty Dog versus The Bulldozer - Only ends one way !!!

Went as I planned and I did indeed play the 2015 world champ in round 3.

I didn't play well and managed to nick one leg. Lost 4-1. The game drew a huge crowd so they were defo there to see me

Scotty dog kicked on from there and smashed his way through the field and is now the 2017 denmark open champion. He won it outright. Again.   Another poor enough draw for myself. But you have to beat them to be them.

We go again in the denmark masters tomorrow

Edited by daboi89 - 29 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:47pm
Denmark Masters Sunday

won 4-0 4-0 4-0 V Danish Opponants int he early rounds

Then drew Wayne Warren from Wales. A top player who again beat me 4-1

He got to the semi finals then where he was beaten by Glen Durrant

Helsinki in Finland this weekend
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:49pm
'Hon Daboi
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:29am
Best of luck man
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:50am
Been a hectic few weeks with darts and im glad to report ive no travelling until June the 9th where I am off to Zurich for the Swiss open. Gutted to be missing the Ireland match but it is what it is. It will be the first competitive game I have missed in several several years .

Anyway , still no time for a blog so I will continue post away on this as my platform . will get time to set it up during the summer as work has been crazy recently.

Headed off to the Finnish Open and Masters a few weeks back in Vantaa in Finland. Hotel was absolutely top class and was next to the airport. Yet again I was absolutely dicked in the draw. Was seeded 12 but ended up drawing former Swedish Open finalist Anders Astrom in Round f**kin 1. Was an smashing game where I would guess I averaged close to 100. including him. Missed 4 darts at double 7 to take a 5-4 win and ended up losing 5-4. Was f**kin gutted as he went on to the semi final of the Finland Open.

The next day and the usual sh*te with these eastern European draws. I got Anders again. Basically they don't change the draw and the players and route to the final is the same. Anyway another defeat for me this time . 5-3. Didn't play aswell today and was f**ked off that the draw could be done like that. He went on to the last 16 stage on the Sunday.   Back home then after the Masters on the Sunday Night

a quick note, Finnair seating is horrendous . the legroom is a good 4 inches shorter than Ryanair. Awful Set up

It was back to work then for 2 nightshifts and 2 dayshifts down the tunnel. Friday was a 9pm flight to Vilnius in Lithuania for the Lithuanian open on the Saturday. Arrived 1am and straight to the hotel (€3.55 in the uber the fare was for about 10 Mins . Hotel was €30 for the night on the Friday so a cheap start.

Following morning I was seeded 5 in the competition . it was round robin format which ment you could loose 1 game and still qualify. I won 3/3 on my board and was into the last 32. won that 4-1 v a Latvian then smashed a Swedish geezer 4-0 to set up a meeting with Dennis Nilsson from Sweden. He was in lakeside several times and is ranked in the top 30 in the world. Anyway I went 2-0 up v him and he fought back to 3-2, I replied and it went to a last leg shootout. I was involved in a bit of a row then in the last leg with the chalker ( The geezer I had beaten 4-0 in the previous round and also a swede and also Nilssons darts pairs partner) anyway he took too much of Nilssons score on a few occasions and I lost the rag.   He made another mistake telling Nilsson he needed 16 which he duly hit on double 8. Despite the face Nilsson needed 26 (x13) unfortunately the markers decision is final and if you require 41 and the marker says 40, the markers decision stands even if the score is incorrect.   Swedish Pricks and they have gone into the black book for that stunt. Swedish open is mid august so not to far away. Nilsson won the semi final 5-1 and the final 6-0. this pissed me off even more as I have no doubt I could have replicated that and my first BDO ranking event. This would also have directly qualified me for the Winmau World Masters at the end of the year. SO was f**kin sickening the way it ended

This resulted in a 1/4 final exit for me and a small piece of price money and ranking points. then it was another dash to the airport for a 10pm flight to London. Was stuck for over an hour at the checkin desk because the stupid f**ks wouldn't let my darts into my hold luggage. All over Europe over the last 5 months and they wanted me to throw them away. Supervisor then a manager later the darts were allowed into the hold on the plane.   they were only ever going in the hold anyway but how any ever, Lithuanian aiport security are not the sharpest tools in the toolbox.

Arrived Luton 12 am and has to wait 90 mins for the bus to bring me to the car hire place as the spastics who are Europcar had all f**ked off home. Didn't get leaving til 2am.

Arrived in Wales at 6am and sat along the beach with red bull and costa coffee coming out of my ears. to make matters worse you had to pay £5 to get into the f**kin venue (Pontins) even though I had paid the £20 entry fee. absoloute disgrace. darts started at 9am and I wasn't on til 10.20. went to play my game and the geezer didn't bother his bollix to turn up. I got a bye from the last 1028. yes 1028,   f**king madness. anyway smashed 2 lads 3-0 3-0 and ended up getting smashed myself 3-0 in round 4. the place is like a cattle mart. the boards are crammed into 2 rooms and the geezer marking the board beside yours is almost blocking your board. combined with the fact pontins charge you £5 to f**kin play the Welsh Open will be swerved next year.

Cant say too many people have done the Lithuanian Open on a Saturday and Welsh Open on the Sunday in the same weekend.   Back down to London then Sunday night (5 hr drive cos of an accident) Never again.. 8 ranking points for the weekend.

Finally, the weekend just gone.   Polish Open and Masters. Round robin format again and I got off my board both days. Lost in round 4 to a Polish player on the Saturday 3-2.   Left myself 65 after 12 darts and didn't get a shot at it so what do u do?/ f**k all is what you do.

Place was cheap as chips, stayed in Szczecin just outside Police where the darts was. Top Spot and some savage places to eat.

onto the Polish Masters the next morning and I wasn't playing well early on. came from 2-1 down to win 3-2 to finish the group in 2nd place. Played shocking but was blessed the lad I played sh*t himself in the last leg decider to see who progressed . the same sh*t gain with the draws and I drew the Polsih geezer from Saturday who bet me 3-2. I hadn't drank before that game but I smashed a few pints into me and went on to smash the Pole 3-0. revenge for Saturday was complete. into the last 128 then and I trounced another pole 3-0. onto the last 64 where it was another Pole in my way. best of 7 this time and after he went 1 up, the polish beer kicked in and I finally woke up reeling off 4 180s and 4 out of the next 5 legs to win 4-2.
Onto the last 32 then and I drew twice lakeside player and 6 time 2017 PDC European tour player Krzysztof Ratajski . I think he was in the last 16 or 1/4 final this year in lakeside. He won the Polish Open the day previously and was gunning for the weekend double. He has played all 6 of the PDC European Eevents this year but he is eligible to play due to a Eastern Europe loophole. A load of bollix.
He stormed into a 3-0 lead and again I started to play when behind and won back 2 legs to make it 3-2.   left myself 80 and wired tops to make it 3-3. he was sh*tting his load at this stage and hit a jammy double 10 with his last dart in hand to take the match 4-2. The game drew prob the biggest crowd I have played against this year and it was a good experience to do it under the pressure and playing the local and tournament fav.   What could have been. He ended up in the final on the sunday aswell where he blew a 3-0 lead to loose 6-5.

So that's the craic over the last few weeks. Im pleased to say the ranking points over the last 2 months have seen me enter the top 100 of the 2017 BDO World Rankings where as of today I sit in 99th place. It was my goal this year to get onto the top 100 so I have done it with 6 months to spare.

I still have no sponsorship for the rest of the year so I will have to take a think if I will bother continuing after June. I am booked up for Swiss and Austrian and then nothing from July 1st onwards.   The Bdo is a decent way of seeing plenty of cities but in reality the prizemoney is absolute bollix and it doesn't pay for itself. I would like to keep going to try and qualify for the Winmau World Masters in September which would be a fantastic achievement but I will need to go back to Ireland and play in some of the Irish ways in. At this stage I need sponsorship to keep going. It might help now that I am in the top 100 in the ranking So if some companies come my way with a bit of sponsorship I might go guns blazing for that and run amuck on the World Televised Stage.

that's a wrap for now.   No flights/trains/Buses or Airports for over 2 weeks

Over and Out

Edited by daboi89 - 25 May 2017 at 2:05pm
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:59am
great read Daboi ClapClapClap
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:10am
Good stuff ! You should throw something quickly up on facebook about sponsorship as people would share that and something might come out of it.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:35am
Can't believe the YBIG hierarchy haven't stepped in to sponsor you.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Good stuff ! You should throw something quickly up on facebook about sponsorship as people would share that and something might come out of it.

I don't use facebook and to be honest ive done this well with minimal help. to see some of the players on facebook asking for sponsorship because they won this and finished 5th here and there yesterday

I find that embarrassing. if someone has a company and they want some advertising on my shirt or so they that's what im after. I am not going to go begging on facebook    a cat will always land on his feet. It is a good oppertunity for a company to get some branding . Ive been in Romania, Scotland,Isle of Man, Uk, Germany, Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Wales, Lithuania since January. and there is another ball of countries still on the tour this year.

a good portion of the players are fully sponsored (flights hotels travel) basically everything. and the sponsor takes 50% of anything they win, Im not sure is that what I want to be honest.. I know 5 or 6 in the top 20 who are on this

Edited by daboi89 - 25 May 2017 at 11:46am
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:44am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Can't believe the YBIG hierarchy haven't stepped in to sponsor you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 155>
  Share Topic