You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 67>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

What are the thoughts on turning a crisis into an opportunity?

Randolph is out, Duffy unlikely to play, mcclean is also out I believe, mcgoldrick retired.

Why not also drop Hendrick, hourihane, Coleman and clear our all other over 30s.

Get kelleher, oshea, molumby, knight, idah, parrott, Cullen all up to speed.

Christy did your daddy ever bring you to the local baths ? Did he throw you into the deep end to see if you could swim but then have to dive in to help you out because you couldn’t even float ? That’s what it would be like taking all the experience out of the team at this level. LOL

Ah sure you're right daithi LOL

It was a bit of a radical idea. Wink
I secretly might like it though LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:57pm
I’d have had Kelleher playing anyways if he was fit. Has shown all merciful promise and suits the way Kenny wants to play to a tee. When you want to pass it out from the back having a keeper that can do as much to a high standard adds a new dimension. 

Even take Liverpool look how much more confidence they had with Kelleher behind them as opposed to Adrian due to Adrians lack of ability with his feet. 

Randolphs a better keeper than Adrian but was questionable to be polite to him in this department cost us a goal and was nearly caught out plenty other times too.

I like Randolph has been a great servant and will continue to be. For the Serbia game where it might be backs to the wall you could argue he might be the better option. Against Luxembourg who I’d expect us to dominate the ball against you might see this benefit with Kelleher. 

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Mar 2021 at 9:58pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:02pm
Hope Kelleher is fit. I don't think Bazunu is anywhere near ready for a game of this magnitude and, as another poster alluded to, Travers doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Seems the polar opposite to Kelleher in terms of body language.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:07pm
According to rte.ie Randolph is out of the Serbia game
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

According to rte.ie Randolph is out of the Serbia game

That's what you call Breaking News.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Hope Kelleher is fit. I don't think Bazunu is anywhere near ready for a game of this magnitude and, as another poster alluded to, Travers doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Seems the polar opposite to Kelleher in terms of body language.

He was thrown into Europa League games at Rovers when he was 16 an performed brilliantly. I'd have no worries if he played 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:30pm
Bazuna was saving penalties in the top flight of the Irish League and lining out in thw Europa League at the age of 16 while the rest of yous were probably pulling your plums.

Wouldn't be ideal if he ends up having to start, but I'd.be far more worried about certain other personnel who may end up in the starting 11.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Bazuna was saving penalties in the top flight of the Irish League and lining out in thw Europa League at the age of 16 while the rest of yous were probably pulling your plums.

Wouldn't be ideal if he ends up having to start, but I'd.be far more worried about certain other personnel who may end up in the starting 11.

Really? Like who?

Goalkeeper is the bedrock of any team. I’m not saying he should be a non runner but it’s certainly not an ideal time to give a 19 year old lad with 30 or so senior apps his debut 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Really? Like who?

Goalkeeper is the bedrock of any team. I’m not saying he should be a non runner but it’s certainly not an ideal time to give a 19 year old lad with 30 or so senior apps his debut 

Of course its not but the point were making here is he's arguable more experienced than Travers. He's certainly played more senior games than Travers. He also playing week in, week out.

It's not ideal if we had to rely on either, but I think Baz has the temperament to deal with it if required.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:16pm
Both of course have played more senior games than Kelleher, but I think most would still start Kelleher if fit. 

I'd probably go Kelleher, Travers, Bazunu in that order at the moment. Longer term I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bazunu ends up winning the most caps of the three mind you.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:43pm
They are 3 really good prospects. Even with their relative inexperience the goalkeeping position if they get luck with injuries etc is not a spot we have to worry about. I wouldn’t be having panic attacks if any of the 3 were thrown in for Serbia honestly they’d lack experience yes never ideal but they have more then enough ability.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we end up in a spot where our 2 best players are goalkeepers in 5/6 years time. Kelleher and Bazunu look as good a prospects as we have at the moment. 

Both tailor made for the modern game too. I can see both going very far.

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Mar 2021 at 11:45pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

They are 3 really good prospects. Even with their relative inexperience the goalkeeping position if they get luck with injuries etc is not a spot we have to worry about. I wouldn’t be having panic attacks if any of the 3 were thrown in for Serbia honestly they’d lack experience yes never ideal but they have more then enough ability.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we end up in a spot where our 2 best players are goalkeepers in 5/6 years time. Kelleher and Bazunu look as good a prospects as we have at the moment. 

Both tailor made for the modern game too. I can see both going very far.

Agreed. Out of all our younger players those two probably have the most potential. Straight out of the Coleman/Doherty frying pan and into the Kelleher/Bazunu fire.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 10:58am
with Randolph out and a very inexperienced keeper he definitely needs to put out his most experienced back 4 Coleman Clark and Stevens have to start for me.

There is a huge Question to who is the other centre back on form it should be o Shea

But there is a a school of taught on Duffy he is out of form and doesn’t suit Kenny’s style of play( to be fair we don’t have any centre back overly suited to it)

But away to Serbia we will be under the pump at times and this suits Duffy down to the ground and let’s not forget he is probably our biggest goal threat.

Might not  be ideal but might be a horses for courses situation 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 11:18am
I would say we need to play our most experienced back 10 in order to get something out of these games LOL
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 12:42pm

I would say we need to play our most experienced back 10 in order to get something out of these games LOL

We could play a back 5 tbf. Duffy and O'Shea in there if needs be.

Or coleman has right centre back and doherty rwb. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:08pm

"In Mick McCarthy's final game against Denmark, Randolph was also troubled in this area. There was a view that Ireland were going less direct in that fixture and playing the ball out from the back a little bit more but Randolph's health was a factor in that too."
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:18pm
This is the first competitive game Darren has missed since he replaced Given at half time in the infamous 1-0 win over Germany in October 2015. (39 games)
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

This is the first competitive game Darren has missed since he replaced Given at half time in the infamous 1-0 win over Germany in October 2015. (39 games)

That is some run. He solved our keeper crisis and ensured it didn't reemerge until now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 67>
  Share Topic