You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren O'Dea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:51am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Was impressed with the lad the other night. His tackle on Pandev early doors set him up nicely.
Hoping to see another solid performance tonight as we are tight enough at centre back.

Agree there, was a bit weary of him starting but he held his own. Will definitely be good to take another look at him later on.

Edited by Garak - 29 Mar 2011 at 7:52am
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:48am

This lad can play and defend, he was unlucky not to get a look in at Celtic and I had no fears for him last Saturday.  Great to see him get a chance and he'll kick on in his career, still pretty young.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:55am
Best thing he and mcgeady did was to getting the hell out of that Pub teams league
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Best thing he and mcgeady did was to getting the hell out of that Pub teams league

Change the record J. Sleepy LOL 

O'Dea played superb football for Celtic in the CL (when was the last time the Toffees made it to the group stage then?), he had to get away for his career cos Strachan and Mowbray wouldn't give him a decent look in despite Caldwell and McManus playing utter sh*te for the last 18 months to 2 years of their Celtic career.  I'd have O'Dea back in the Celtic team now if it were possible, the lad is an excellent defender and one moment summed him nicely on Sat, long ball was played up and rather than boot it or head it away, took it on his chest into his stride and sprinted away from the forward easily before passing to a team-mate. Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:04am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

O'Dea played superb football for Celtic in the CL (when was the last time the Toffees made it to the group stage then?), he had to get away for his career cos Strachan and Mowbray wouldn't give him a decent look in despite Caldwell and McManus playing utter sh*te for the last 18 months to 2 years of their Celtic career.  I'd have O'Dea back in the Celtic team now if it were possible, the lad is an excellent defender and one moment summed him nicely on Sat, long ball was played up and rather than boot it or head it away, took it on his chest into his stride and sprinted away from the forward easily before passing to a team-mate. Clap

ClapClap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:14am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

dont think he has a future at the club though
when Loovens and Mulgrew are preferred you know the manager doesn't rate you
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 11:27am
In truth he had a good game against Macedonia , he"s a good squad  player to have who"ll act as cover now and in the future!! I dont want to be pinning our hope"s on O"Dea who isnt even automatic at Ipswich , Strachan was to pig headed for change at Celtic but in fairness 3 managers cant be wrong about a player , Strachan , Mowbray and Lennon...Personally id like to see a few more young centre halves coming through along with Duffy who for me is the stand out
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:46am
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

In truth he had a good game against Macedonia , he"s a good squad  player to have who"ll act as cover now and in the future!! I dont want to be pinning our hope"s on O"Dea who isnt even automatic at Ipswich , Strachan was to pig headed for change at Celtic but in fairness 3 managers cant be wrong about a player , Strachan , Mowbray and Lennon...Personally id like to see a few more young centre halves coming through along with Duffy who for me is the stand out
We are struggling at centre half but I feel O'dea was by far the worst option. I really wanted him to be a player as he seems to have a great attitude and personality but my lord he is dreadful. So sleep and sloppy!!
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:17am
sloppy?? i haven't seen him make a mistake in an irish jersey yet! he has been very good in the irish jersey
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:52am
Always nice to read about players who appreciate the honour that is playing for your country. Good man O'Dea.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 7:20am

If O'Dea is playing week in week out for Leeds he will mature as a player and could very well improve...He's a decent option for Trap , look he can header a ball and even if he has to hoof it out of defense so be it...He wears his heart on his sleeve Clap

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:32am
He played left-back last week for Leeds and that is not his position as he doesn't have the pace to play there, he needs to be in the centre.
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:55am
O'Dea has been every bit as competent as St Ledger at domestic level and he has been a rock for Ireland whenever he has played. 
GG14 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 4:25pm
Glad to see Trap stuck with O'Dea to play centre half, he has done well the last few games and deserves to keep his place. It will be good to have another dependable option if Dunne / St Ledger / O Shea out.

Playing well for Leeds since switched to centre half (if a Leeds defender could be regarded as playing well this season!!!)
mcnevin12 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcnevin12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 5:39pm
I think he's a great defender, soon 2 b a regular at centre back but not until Dunne retires
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

O'Dea has been every bit as competent as St Ledger at domestic level and he has been a rock for Ireland whenever he has played. 

I've always rated him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 2:46am
Was brilliant that night in Leige, rock solid v Macedonia and in all the praise for Dunne in Moscow O'Dea's performance has gotten over looked as he was outstanding that night as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic