You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren O Dea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Real Irlanda Real Irlanda wrote:

darren o'dea is v average...lived in leeds for a while this year and went to elland rd a few times and he was poor.

He is lower championship standard...similar to andy keogh, we have much better players available than o'dea at our disposal. He did well against Russia, but remember even McShane got a MOM against the Czechs a few yrs ago!!!

The sad thing was he was voted our young player of the yr last yr and he was 25!!!!Only in Ireland
like who?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

trapisblind View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapisblind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 2:04am
clark and duffy are 2 better than him citizen,he is far from our worst player tho,ward,hunt,whelan and doyle are just pathetic
Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:43am
Had a decent game yesterday.
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:53am
I''ve always been a fan of O' Dea, he's still young for a centre half . Sure Richie Dunne wasnt much to write home about when he was his age but experience made him a better player , I'm sure Daz will be our no. 5 when Richie calls it a day . Club situation isn't ideal but it hasn't been for Robbie Keane in about 5 years and it hasn't stopped him doin the business . Ireland means more to our lads than any club . That's what makes us what we are .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:55am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I''ve always been a fan of O' Dea, he's still young for a centre half . Sure Richie Dunne wasnt much to write home about when he was his age but experience made him a better player , I'm sure Daz will be our no. 5 when Richie calls it a day . Club situation isn't ideal but it hasn't been for Robbie Keane in about 5 years and it hasn't stopped him doin the business . Ireland means more to our lads than any club . That's what makes us what we are .

Spot on there.
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 11:41am
Traps tactics really suit O'Dea. The back 4 very rarely push too far up the pitch. Darren big weakness is his speed. Where he really suffers is when his team are attacking and the back four push out.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 12:36pm
I remember Darren having a quality game v Barca in the Camp Nou for Celtic in the Champions League.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
rodney trotter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodney trotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:16pm
Someone like hull or burnley will sign him
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Agree 100%.
Richie Dunne had his "personal issues" around 2002 aswell (club wise) and it looked like he may drift down the leagues, he turned it around. And how!
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:03pm
Anytime I've seen O Dea play I've always tought he was solid....can't for the life of me understand how he can't get a game at Celtic????
Needs now to hopefully get a good Chapionship move and kick on.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:08pm
always concerns me that he cant get picked at celtic, but for Ireland he seems to step up his performances, a bit like st.ledger, as long as he does the business for his country, thats the main thing
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Eddie Rincon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Rincon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:24pm
Alex Pearce of Reading...Why is he never mentioned? I hope he gets the call-up he deserves in the Autumn.  He says he only wants to play for Ireland and had a good season.
porque el Baron Rojo Sur dice...
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Eddie Rincon Eddie Rincon wrote:

Alex Pearce of Reading...Why is he never mentioned? I hope he gets the call-up he deserves in the Autumn.  He says he only wants to play for Ireland and had a good season.

He has been mentioned , you can't expect a lad to be called up or made a fuss over who's only just declared for us. His time will come!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Eddie Rincon Eddie Rincon wrote:

Any player starting in the PL needs to be looked at.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:40pm
O'Dea has to plan his next move very carefully so he can abit of stability in his club career , i'd like to see him take a chance playing abroad if he can't get a decent Championship club.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 4:31pm
Celtic have a one year extension on his contract. He can't do anything until they decide to release him or take up option.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 10:47pm
Celtic are letting him go as far as i know.

Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 12:16am
O'Dea did decent yesterday, but worry about him when we play better teams. Lived in Leeds last year, and went to Elland Road a couple of times, and he was poor in all those games. He is 26, its time we stop calling him young though, unless your Johnny Giles of course
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic