You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darragh Lenihan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:31pm
Scores against Forest.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:34pm
Had forgotten about him. Fair bit down the pecking order now.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:42pm
At the rate we seem to have centre backs coming through you'd have to wonder how many more caps he'll get. Starting to look like a position of serious depth for us, though we could do with one of them doing a McGrath and doubling up as a midfielder.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Had forgotten about him. Fair bit down the pecking order now.

Yeah but things can change quickly in football, all it takes is one or two injuries or a player being frozen out etc.. As it stands hes behind Duffy, O'Shea, Egan and Clark but you'd still have him ahead the likes of Long and Dunne. Probably even Collins and Omobamidele too if they're not getting any game time this season.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:02pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:17pm
Still only 27 and crazy that we are now in a position to ignore an established and consistent championship player like Lenihan. I believe he's often captained the side too. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:55pm
He'll do well to get another cap to be honest. Similar thing happened to Damian Delaney, never got much of a look in with Ireland and he actually played over 100 EPL games.

We always seem to have loads of centre backs for whatever reason.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Still only 27 and crazy that we are now in a position to ignore an established and consistent championship player like Lenihan. I believe he's often captained the side too. 

Was captain pretty much all last season with Bennett out long term and was made captain this season after Bennett left.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:16pm
Younger than Egan too, which is hard to believe
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:18pm
Unfortunate for him, if he played any other position on the pitch he would probably have 20+ caps for us by now. It really is amazing that we just seem to churn out centre halves so reliably. We could probably field a full XI of Championship or better standard centre halves.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:31pm
Kenny has always spoke very highly and name checked him a couple times, Id be surprised if he wasn't involved again to some degree over the next few years.

All it takes is one or two injuries, especially playing 3 at the back where we need an extra body.

With O'Shea out injured at the moment he probably is about 5th choice behind Duffy, Egan, Omobamidele and Collins. If someone was to pick up a knock now and miss the double header he'd probably be next in line.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Unfortunate for him, if he played any other position on the pitch he would probably have 20+ caps for us by now. It really is amazing that we just seem to churn out centre halves so reliably. We could probably field a full XI of Championship or better standard centre halves.

Duffy
McGuiness Collins O'Shea
         Andy O. Lenihan
Williams Clark K.Long Egan
                 Keogh

Subs:
Dunne, Manning (playing LCB for Swansea this season)

Not even dipping into League 1 or SPL for O'Hora, Masterson, Scales.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Kenny has always spoke very highly and name checked him a couple times, Id be surprised if he wasn't involved again to some degree over the next few years.

All it takes is one or two injuries, especially playing 3 at the back where we need an extra body.

With O'Shea out injured at the moment he probably is about 5th choice behind Duffy, Egan, Omobamidele and Collins. If someone was to pick up a knock now and miss the double header he'd probably be next in line.

I'd say Clark would be ahead of him also. Maybe even Kevin Long.

Edited by You Tell Me - 01 Nov 2021 at 10:25pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:49pm
Kenny will recognise this and won’t forget it. 

But as people say, if he was lucky enough to be playing in another area of the pitch it would make him an automatic starter.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:29pm
0 -5 at home to Fulham so far tonight. 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

0 -5 at home to Fulham so far tonight. 

Make that 6
Danger here, OH NO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:35pm
0-7 (seven) 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:38pm
Not great, then?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic