You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 2:28pm
Had a year left on his current deal, so a two year extension - not exactly committing his long term future to the club there.
Sponsored Links

Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 4:46pm
Scores the 5th goal against Hull 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 4:47pm
Having a good day today - captains armband, an assist and now a goal. West Brom winning 5-1.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 4:51pm
Haven’t been massively impressed with him for Ireland so far but would be hard to argue against a back 3 of Omobamidele, Collins and O’Shea next month
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:08pm
Collins and Egan are certain to play if fit. Wide open for the third spot - Omobamidele and O'Shea both going well, Duffy the experienced option but only got a couple of minutes at the end again today. That spot could go to any of the three.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Collins and Egan are certain to play if fit. Wide open for the third spot - Omobamidele and O'Shea both going well, Duffy the experienced option but only got a couple of minutes at the end again today. That spot could go to any of the three.

Lenihan too.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:18pm
I don't think Lenihan has a chance of starting - he hasn't done anything wrong but there's just too much traffic in front of him. Kenny will have to pick 6 centre backs in the squad just to get him in if everyone is fit.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:28pm
Egan is still a starter for me. Then Collins. Then Omobamidele wins out he's just more talented defender and better footballer than O'Shea in my view who is still good. Nice problems to have though.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:32pm
Completely forgot about Egan LOL Yeah he'll definitely be starting alright. Omobamidele above O'Shea for me too, although O'Shea would be the most comfortable on the left out of the 4 of them which makes it interesting.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:50pm

Duffy will likely start. Don't think Kenny would drop him for September's games. Would be hard to pick him later in the season if he's still only a back up and not getting meaningful minutes.

Dropped McGrath from the squad altogether and said his lack of minutes was the factor. Duffy is no McGrath obviously and has been a massive player for us. But if Omobamidele or O'Shea are having good seasons come next March and are left out for someone not playing I'd feel hard done by if I was them.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Duffy will likely start. Don't think Kenny would drop him for September's games. Would be hard to pick him later in the season if he's still only a back up and not getting meaningful minutes.

Dropped McGrath from the squad altogether and said his lack of minutes was the factor. Duffy is no McGrath obviously and has been a massive player for us. But if Omobamidele or O'Shea are having good seasons come next March and are left out for someone not playing I'd feel hard done by if I was them.

Duffy wont start and shouldn't either. Its Collins Egan and prob Omibomidele as a back 3. O'Shea could be in there somewhere aswell depending. Duffy is a squad player at Fulham now.
I love beer gardens
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 6:58pm
In order of selection, In my opinion -

1. Collins - fast becoming our best player if not already, still a little rough around the edges but you can see he's got all the equipment needed to be world class.

2. Oshea - I have no idea why he's Underrated by ireland fans, have they not seen him play?!  if he didn't suffer a long term injury last season I'm convinced he'd be a premier league player. He's technically fantastic, reads the game exceptionally well and is really great in the air. The lad is brilliant.

3. Omobamidele - technically brilliant, injury held him back a bit but you can see he oozes quality, think he's a little behind oshea but both have what it takes to be premier league.

4. Egan - I have no idea why a team on the premier league hasn't snapped him up, not as technical as the other three but really as solid as they come.

5. Lenihan - not as technical but more an aggressive style defender, and to great affect too. Solid in the air and wins the majority 50 50s. 

6. Duffy - players can't live off performances of 2 years ago, if he's not playing regularly he shouldn't be ahead of players that are. Early days but Fulham haven't been guilty of giving him a guaranteed starting role. Needs to get back to his best...
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

4. Egan - I have no idea why a team on the premier league hasn't snapped him up, not as technical as the other three but really as solid as they come.

His importance to Sheffield United which would see teams having to splash out for Egan. If a team is splashing out they'd probably want someone a bit younger whose got resale value and there's probably the fact he might be more suited to a three at the back than four at the back.

Would have been a decent signing for Southampton as they've moved to three at the back but they've brought in young players with potential and resale value.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

In order of selection, In my opinion -

1. Collins - fast becoming our best player if not already, still a little rough around the edges but you can see he's got all the equipment needed to be world class.

2. Oshea - I have no idea why he's Underrated by ireland fans, have they not seen him play?!  if he didn't suffer a long term injury last season I'm convinced he'd be a premier league player. He's technically fantastic, reads the game exceptionally well and is really great in the air. The lad is brilliant.

3. Omobamidele - technically brilliant, injury held him back a bit but you can see he oozes quality, think he's a little behind oshea but both have what it takes to be premier league.

5. Lenihan - not as technical but more an aggressive style defender, and to great affect too. Solid in the air and wins the majority 50 50s. 

6. Duffy - players can't live off performances of 2 years ago, if he's not playing regularly he shouldn't be ahead of players that are. Early days but Fulham haven't been guilty of giving him a guaranteed starting role. Needs to get back to his best...

Would agree with all of that. Particularly the piece on O'Shea. He was very unlucky with the injury. While I would also think your top three are our best options and will only get better, I still wouldn't start all three together. I would have Egan in the centre with Andrew first to come off the bench if there was an injury.  
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 7:59pm
Think Omobambidele could play as a sitting mideifleder.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Really awkward on the ball. Doubt he has the ball control and composure to play there. Be like a deer in headlights.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 20 Aug 2022 at 8:03pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 8:03pm

I haven't seen enough of him myself but would be keen to hear why you think this?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Really awkward on the ball. Doubt he has the ball control and composure to play there. Be like a deer in headlights.

Hes absolutely not awkward on the ball. Hes a centre back and thats where he will stay however.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>
  Share Topic