You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara Costelloe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:29pm
Didn't know whether to kick it or head it.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:32pm
Whos this guy why haven't i heard of him?
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:34pm
Have been impressed by him!
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Whos this guy why haven't i heard of him?

Young winger, found himself on the bench for Burnley at the business end of last season. Highly rated and direct. 

Been really impressed with his so far, looks tidy on the ball too 

Edited by Technical_method - 29 Jul 2022 at 8:37pm
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:38pm
Doesn’t look out of place at all - looks to have time on the ball even in tight spaces which is always a good sign. Burnley playing some nice stuff with Cullen the heartbeat.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Have been impressed by him!

Spoke too soon LOL

In fairness to him apart from finishing he has been really good.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:42pm
Needs to work on his finishing, kompany will have him doing drills after that miss 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:43pm
Dara played underage with gufc and made his league debut ay 15 .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:45pm
Definitely looks physically ready for the Championship anyway. Looks comfortable on the ball too, a few decent crosses, but should have put away at least one of the two chances that fell to him.

Very decent first 45 for him all the same.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:45pm
Apart from missing two handy chances he's been very good. Nice to have a player come from nowhere, has he even been involved with any underage squads ?
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:46pm
Why do English commentators announce a name like Costello the way they do .......there's no pronounced E in the name he's not Italian .....they do tend to butcher Irish names
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:50pm
I saw your face when the commentator asked me what I thought of Hamlet and I said I preferred Costello
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:11pm
How are you supposed to pronounce it? I've never been acquainted with a Costello/Costelloe before. I always assumed it was pronounced Cost-ello like Elvis Costello and not Cost-illo.

They do mispronounce Irish surnames as a matter of course. I'm surprised they haven't found creative ways to do it with names like Kelly, Doyle and Lynch.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:30pm
Out west anyway we'd pronounce it Costello, not Cos-Tello like the commentator is (similar to Kinsella, not Kin-Sella).
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:33pm
Worst one for me is how they pronounce Cahill. Anyway good debut pity he didn't get a goal. Should deffo be in with the 21s after that . Very phisical and comfortable on the ball. Big future.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:38pm
Must watch out for him from now on. Burnley's main sponsor is Classic Football Shirts i see. A site ive used many a time for shirts. Always found them brilliant. I assume to sponsor a team even in the Championship you would need some serious spondoolicks. They must have it though.
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:38pm
Even the pronunciation of Dara was horrendous when he was going off, sounded like he saying "The Ra".

Good debut anyway, held his own out there. Neat and tidy player on the ball, decent crosser, finishing / decision making in the final 3rd needs improving but that will come with game time. Impressive for a 19 year old making his debut.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:46pm
Did they ever correct their pronunciation of Conor Hourihane's surname after he explained how to say it in a video the club put together the summer Villa were promoted?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic