You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danny Mcnamara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Danny Mcnamara
    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:20pm
Starts again for Millwall so think he may deserve his own thread.

Still only 22 and is getting good game time 
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:37pm
Not only getting game-time but looking very good while he's at it, in a poor team.
Looks assured, fast, good feet, good passing and dogged.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:03pm
I have seen millwall last 3 games and he has arguably been there best player in all 3 games.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:35pm
Well it didn't take long to get an assist.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:46pm
Was St. Johnstone's best player for the first half of the season. Was excellent down in League 2 last season as well. Looks to be stepping up to Championship level quite easily. There's a bit of a Dara O'Shea feel to his route to this level and to his rate of development.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 7:20pm
Got his first assist of the season today for Millwall's third goal. He seems to be getting a consistent full 90 minutes in the first team the past few matches, hopefully it continues.
Scott Hogan got an assist for Birmingham's goal in the same match.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 8:14pm
Millwall are not a team that seem to have their games televised that often, so hard to get a feel of where McNamara is at. However he seems to get good reviews from their support whenever he plays. If he can lock down that RWB spot in their first team, he should really move ahead of Christie as the backup option behind Coleman and Doherty.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 8:53pm
Anytime I’ve seen him he always looks like a very stylish tidy footballer. Saw a lot of him when he was with St Johnstone a few years back and he always impressed me
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 11:08pm
https://newsatden.co.uk/82677-hes-a-great-kid-millwall-manager-on-danny-mac-after-assist-in-win-over-birmingham-city/

Always positive to hear when a manager talks about how hard a player works, when they're willing to do extra sessions etc., it's generally a good sign with a developing player.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:37pm
After the 33yo Coleman and 29yo Doherty, there is only Christie 29 also, who looked like Fat Thor when last sighted and cant make the bench for Fulham these days, so Mc Namara is amongst a group of 3 or 4 who could be contending for that back up role at RWB in the squad. Himself, Ebosele and Kioso look to be the leading contenders in that regard, Lee O'Connor is a bit far down the Leagues to come into consideration. Gardner-Hickman is another who could come into contention if his passport gets sorted.

Of course, Ogbene is playing at RWB regularly for Rotherham and is already in the squad, so he may provide the cover if both Coleman and Doherty are fit, but it would probably be prudent to have a look at one of these lads in one of the March friendlies - we all know what Coleman and Doherty can do in any case.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I think LWB out best option would be Doherty or Stevens but we should look to get Manning into the mix.

RWB best option is Coleman and Doherty but I would look at oshea, omobamidele or mcnamara before dropping further down the leagues.

Going from Coleman who is an accomplished premier league quality right back to Ogbene who has done well but is in and out of a Rotherham team is some drop for me.

I'm not sure where this disdain for Ogeben is coming from, he has 2 goals now in 5 senior internationals. He has played in the Chship previously and Rotherham currently sit top of L1. Ebosels is also starting to play regularly for Derby Co who would be ahead of Millwall in the Chship table if not for the points deductions. O'Shea could be an option in that he has featured in previous seasons as a fb, but never as a wb to the best of my recollection. If we want to feild an attacking wing back vs weaker opposition and Coleman/Doherty are out, I would have thought Ogbene should be next in line. Against stronger oppostion perhaps not and perhaps O'SHea could do a job.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 2:36pm
McNamara is probably one of the most under the radar of the up and coming Irish players, but he looks a serious talent. Playing Premier League opposition today, albeit a bit weakened, but he has been excellent all game. 

He is solid at the back, gets forward really well, good passer, plenty of bite in his game also (a requirement to play for Millwall I think).

Given that Coleman covers centre back and Doherty covers left back there's definitely an argument to have McNamara as a third right wing back in the squad in March. In fact I'd say, of our uncapped players, he's the one I'd most like to see brought in at this point.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 2:43pm
Consistently good apparently but can only really go off what is said by others. Millwall rarely get shown on TV so he doesn't get a huge amount of exposure.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 11:18pm

Danny McNamara has been voted NewsAtDen’s Millwall Player of the Month for January, based on ratings by Lions fans.

The 23-year-old Millwall defender carded an average score of 7.5 in NewsAtDen’s player-rating system last month. It was a difficult month for the Lions, with four defeats in a row, but McNamara performed consistently and helped Gary Rowett’s side to a clean sheet in their 2-0 win over West Brom in their last game of the month.

McNamara ended the month with a better average rating than Sheyi Ojo (6.9) and Tom Bradshaw (6.8).

pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:24am
Manning not that forgotten 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:57am
Definitely not the forgotten man with Kenny who name checked him when talking about adding depth to squad in March.

Think people just talk up Festy more because he'd bring something to the team which bar Ogbene others don't.

McNamara is a solid player and doing well for Millwall this season. Can see him being named in the squad next month.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 11:28am
None of them are forgotten. They either haven't got their chance yet, been not good enough in the past or had better players in their position
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Starting his 16th game in a row today and if he completes 90 mins in today's game that will also be 16 90mins in a row too.

Millwall are a decent team in the championship so mcnamara is playing at a very good level.

Plays right back and only 23. For me he's earned his place in the senior squad.

Tidy player but ahead of who?

Coleman and Doherty are a given. Then Christie is probably next in line having been in the squads already under Kenny and in flying form for Swansea. Arguably Ebosele could be next.

He'd be at least 4th choice at present rightly or wrongly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic