You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danny Grant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Danny Grant
    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 7:17pm
I couldn’t find a thread regarding Grant and felt he deserved one. 

I love the move to Huddersfield a side playing some nice football where he will get plenty opportunity to shine they haven’t a huge squad. Available for the next game Id be interested to see will he start in the FA Cup game at the weekend. You’d hope hel come off the bench at least.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 7:32pm
The manager said he wasn't personally involved in signing him and all the noises are that he's "one for the future", so I wouldn't be getting my hopes up that he'll play Championship football this season.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 12:19am
Really? Christ you’d like to hear more positivity then that. 👀
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 12:39am
I thought they made it clear enough that when he signed that he would be going into the u23 team for a spell to begin with that they didn’t consider him to be a first team player yet.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 2:13am
Town’s first choice left winger is out for about 3 months, so
I wouldn’t write Grant off yet. Could definitely make an impact, especially coming in ready off a full season

Edit: suggestion here that they might play Grant as a centre forward?

Edited by DeclanDaly - 05 Jan 2021 at 2:22am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 12:59pm
I haven’t seen many interviews but did look at their squad make up etc. 

I would hope he’d be in their first team squad tbh. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:37pm
I'd be surprised if we saw him anytime soon.
Has to first get up to Championship speed and conditioning (I assume those requirements are degrees above the LOI) and then has to get integrated with how the manager wants him to play.

It's a promising move for him and if he gets some starts by the end of the season I'd say that's great progress.

DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:44pm
Corberan has implemented the Bielsa style football at Huddersfield, considering he was no.2 at Leeds under Bielsa. He will wait until Grant has the required fitness and knowledge of the system before he will be given first team football
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:01pm
Squad filled with youth team players today. No Grant.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Squad filled with youth team players today. No Grant.

See the post above yours?

Although I'm hearing he was going to start before getting injured so maybe the manager isn't following the Bielsa pattern in full! 😂 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 09 Jan 2021 at 5:33pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 12:42pm
He was talking to the media Friday so surely be to god he was in line to be in the squad at least? I’d imagine it’s an injury?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He was talking to the media Friday so surely be to god he was in line to be in the squad at least? I’d imagine it’s an injury?
Tight hammer ruled him out 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 3:24pm
Is he still injured or just not in consideration?
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 12:10pm
Wasn't he a development signing the first team manager wasn't even directly involved in  ?   
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Wasn't he a development signing the first team manager wasn't even directly involved in  ?   

I think he was going to be in the match day squad for their FA Cup game last month, and likely would've made his debut, but he got injured.

Yes, Corberan wasn't involved in his signing, but there's a decent chance he would've been fast-tracked into the squad simply for the amount of injuries they've had - only for him getting injured too.

Their Twitter had him down as an injury absentee all the way until yesterday.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 3:20pm
Played 35 minutes in a match for their U19s a month ago.

Before promptly getting injured again.

“Danny Grant is continuing his recovery process. Before the break, he played some games with the Under-19s, but he still felt something in his hamstring. He is back again with the medical staff. I don’t expect to have him this year.

I hope he means this season as opposed to this year, but knowing our luck it'll be 2022 before he's fit again.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Played 35 minutes in a match for their U19s a month ago.

Before promptly getting injured again.

“Danny Grant is continuing his recovery process. Before the break, he played some games with the Under-19s, but he still felt something in his hamstring. He is back again with the medical staff. I don’t expect to have him this year.

I hope he means this season as opposed to this year, but knowing our luck it'll be 2022 before he's fit again.

Sounds like Trevor Clarke. He's barely kicked the ball since the left rovers.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 4:00pm
He left Bohs 3 months ago ffs LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic