Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 62>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Just scored  nice finish

But does he love The EIRE?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Just scored  nice finish

But does he love The EIRE?

Does the eire love him? Is he even on anyones radar properly.  Hopefully kenny is at least keeping tabs on him.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
both him and Ryan Johanson are in the same boat at the moment.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

both him and Ryan Johanson are in the same boat at the moment.
And likely many more for all manner of countries. 

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:47pm
What the hold up on crowley, ryan Johansson case is bit more complicated  but don't understand crowley's situation 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 2:57pm
Hard to know if Crowley is in the same boat or not, as unlike Johansson, the FA he's switching from have not lodged a complaint (afaik anyway).
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm
Dan crowley situation is not too different from Johansson 

Crowley's international career so far is as below -

NATIONAL TEAM CAREER

#National teamDebut 
-EnglandEngland U19Oct 8, 201541
10EnglandEngland U17Aug 29, 201213-
-IrelandRepublic of Ireland U17-2-
-EnglandEngland U16Oct 12, 20116

Johansson's international career includes 3 countries, however u16s I understand can play for anyone... so my nephew who's 15 can play for Saudi Arabia despite having no connection whatsoever (I think this is right) 

So if you exclude u16s its 2 teams.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 4:06pm
That's definitely not right 
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hard to know if Crowley is in the same boat or not, as unlike Johansson, the FA he's switching from have not lodged a complaint (afaik anyway).

I imagine you are right that the FA won't have submitted a complaint.  Nonetheless, it seems very likely Crowley and Johansson are in precisely the same situation, unfortunately.

Eligibility, as construed at any one point in time, is an absolute concept and won't necessarily depend on a complaint. Now FIFA are "aware" of the issue (since the Lux complaint) don't expect them to register switching Irish descendants who didn't have a passport at the time of their first international match, unless and until the Johansson ruling is overturned.  

Crowley played underage for England (and so, presumably, did not have an Irish passport at that point i.e.: "acquire" Irish citizenship in FIFA talk) and then played for Ireland underage. Crowley also qualifies for Ireland through his grandparents - in his case from Cork and Waterford (of which there is no doubt).

Johansson the exact same.  Played for Lux underage without an Irish passport, then got the passport ('acquired" Irish citizenship in FIFA's current view).  And now has been told he could not switch.

Mick McCarthy was clear in saying that there were issues relating to Crowley's eligibility. This is after the Johansson situation arose and the Johansson application to FIFA was going through.

Therefore, it seems highly likely that Crowley and Johansson are in the exact same situation, sadly.

As Callum Robinson would have been in, had he applied for transfer after the Luxembourg complaint to FIFA. Which shows how ridiculous the FIFA decision is and why it really should be overturned; which I expect will ultimately happen if there are sufficient resources to fight it... big "if" from the FAI's perspective Ermm

Also unfair to Johansson and his family that he has to fund any appeal - it's an issue relating to the rights and entitlements of Irish citizens by virtue of their status as citizen and Irish national - the FAI at the very least, and the Government ideally, should display a firm interest and financial support imo.

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 04 Jan 2020 at 6:38pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I imagine you are right that the FA won't have submitted a complaint.  Nonetheless, it seems very likely Crowley and Johansson are in precisely the same situation, unfortunately.

Eligibility, as construed at any one point in time, is an absolute concept and won't necessarily depend on a complaint. Now FIFA are "aware" of the issue (since the Lux complaint) don't expect them to register switching Irish descendants who didn't have a passport at the time of their first international match, unless and until the Johansson ruling is overturned.  

Crowley played underage for England (and so, presumably, did not have an Irish passport at that point i.e.: "acquire" Irish citizenship in FIFA talk) and then played for Ireland underage. Crowley also qualifies for Ireland through his grandparents - in his case from Cork and Waterford (of which there is no doubt).

Johansson the exact same.  Played for Lux underage without an Irish passport, then got the passport ('acquired" Irish citizenship in FIFA's current view).  And now has been told he could not switch.

Mick McCarthy was clear in saying that there were issues relating to Crowley's eligibility. This is after the Johansson situation arose and the Johansson application to FIFA was going through.

Therefore, it seems highly likely that Crowley and Johansson are in the exact same situation, sadly.

As Callum Robinson would have been in, had he applied for transfer after the Luxembourg complaint to FIFA. Which shows how ridiculous the FIFA decision is and why it really should be overturned; which I expect will ultimately happen if there are sufficient resources to fight it... big "if" from the FAI's perspective Ermm

Also unfair to Johansson and his family that he has to fund any appeal - it's an issue relating to the rights and entitlements of Irish citizens by virtue of their status as citizen and Irish national - the FAI at the very least, and the Government ideally, should display a firm interest and financial support imo.

Blatently it has depended on a complaint being made (certainly up until now anyway), hence why Johansson is having issues where othes before him in the same position have not. Thus, there's still some mystery as to what Crowleys particular outlook is.

Edited by The O'Shea - 04 Jan 2020 at 7:12pm
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:20pm
Why is that blatant?  

Isn't it the case that the questions about Crowley's eligibility arose AFTER the Lux complaint and FIFA said they were investigating and/or refusing the Johansson transfer?

Isn't it the case that Crowley's grandparents are born in Ireland?

Is there any substantive difference between Crowley's situation and Johansson's?

Is there evidence for any other reason to question Crowley's eligibility?

The answers to those questions demonstrate it's highly likely Crowley and Johansson are in the same boat, unfortunately. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 04 Jan 2020 at 7:23pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:34pm
It's blatant that PRIOR to Johansson, Crowleys switch would have been seamless. Now, it's less clear. It's possible it still is if no one has raised any issues, but it's also possible it's not. That's the point, we no longer know.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:40pm
Yes, good to see you change your view - previously you were saying that it was hard to know if Crowley was in the same position as Johansson (since, we assume, the FA haven't made a complaint).  

We don't know for definite what the position is, but - answering the questions I listed above - we can say with quite a lot of confidence that it is highly likely that Crowley and Johansson are in the same boat. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:41pm

Yes, good to see you change your view - previously you were saying that it was hard to know if Crowley was in the same position as Johansson (since, we assume, the FA haven't made a complaint).  

We don't know for definite what the position is, but - answering the questions I listed above - we can say with quite a lot of confidence that it is highly likely that Crowley and Johansson are in the same boat. 

What? I've said exactly the same thing, that we don't know if they're in the same boat, that's what I've always said LOL
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 2:07am
No O'Shea, I'm afraid if you review your comments, you'll see you didn't say the "exactly the same thing".

First, you said it was "hard to know if Crowley is in the same boat [as Johansson] or not" - which is untrue.  It is fully possible to review the available information and conclude it's overwhelmingly likely both players are in the same situation.

Then, you said "we don't know if they're in the same boat" - a new position, which is in fact true; but obviously we can take an informed view on what the situation is very likely to be.

Do you not agree that they are in the same situation, from what we know?

Can you identify any substantive difference in their positions?

Why would you come out with such uninformed, unjustified views, only to follow them up by a swift, (albeit childishly denied) change-of-position?  

The former two questions are the issue.

The latter question isn't meant in a pejorative sense.  Rather it's just a waste of time for anyone who comes on to the forum with an interest in trying to find information on Irish players, and then seeing the likes of you just "disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing", without any rational basis.  Then, when called out on it, you immediately change your position, pretend it was the same all along, and follow up with a [laughing emoji], like an 11 year-old girl who just got her first mobile phone from Santa last week. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 05 Jan 2020 at 2:21am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 9:36am

No O'Shea, I'm afraid if you review your comments, you'll see you didn't say the "exactly the same thing".

First, you said it was "hard to know if Crowley is in the same boat [as Johansson] or not" - which is untrue.  It is fully possible to review the available information and conclude it's overwhelmingly likely both players are in the same situation.

Then, you said "we don't know if they're in the same boat" - a new position, which is in fact true; but obviously we can take an informed view on what the situation is very likely to be.

Do you not agree that they are in the same situation, from what we know?

Can you identify any substantive difference in their positions?

Why would you come out with such uninformed, unjustified views, only to follow them up by a swift, (albeit childishly denied) change-of-position?  

The former two questions are the issue.

The latter question isn't meant in a pejorative sense.  Rather it's just a waste of time for anyone who comes on to the forum with an interest in trying to find information on Irish players, and then seeing the likes of you just "disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing", without any rational basis.  Then, when called out on it, you immediately change your position, pretend it was the same all along, and follow up with a [laughing emoji], like an 11 year-old girl who just got her first mobile phone from Santa last week. 

Do you understand English? "Hard to know if they're in the same boat" and "we don't know if they're in the same boat" mean exactly the same thing, in fact they're almost expressed identically. In their most simple form, which evidently you require, they mean "we do not know what the situation is". This is, as you've said, true, so I'm not sure what you're making a big song and dance over.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 6:33pm
I'm afraid, my trolling friend, that it's you who has difficulties with basic English comprehension - you've said two different things as set out above.

In any event, back on topic, for those who have an interest in Crowley and Johansson's eligibility (and not O'Shea's on-going struggles with basic linguistic expression), the available evidence demonstrates it is overwhelmingly likely that both players are in precisely the same situation, unfortunately.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:19pm
You're barking up the wrong tree mate, both statements express doubt as to what the situation is; they are for all intents and purposes synonymous. I'm not sure exactly why you're trying to suggest they aren't. If you've an issue with me, that's fine, but you're not getting anywhere with this ridiculous line or argument.

Edited by The O'Shea - 05 Jan 2020 at 7:20pm
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 62>
  Share Topic