You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 62>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

You’d wonder are the management team even focking aware of his existence LOL
https://www.twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/644524119489388544

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 05 Oct 2018 at 8:04pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:20pm
'No Englishman has completed more take-ons than Dan Crowley this season.' according to this. Fancy! 

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Link isn't working for me. Did O'Neill have anything to say about Crowley then?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Link isn't working for me. Did O'Neill have anything to say about Crowley then?

Said Crowleys father is a very pleasant man. He's some man for one man for chatting with the fathers.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

[QUOTE=NewtNewbie]

Said Crowleys father is a very pleasant man. He's some man for one man for chatting with the fathers.

That tweet was from 3 years ago. What has MON done re Crowley since?
The only way is up
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:01pm
In fairness, journalists never ask him about Crowley either. 😔
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:05pm
Crowley has very little chance of making an England squad, I think he recognizes this so would be happy to play for Ireland, similar to a lot of Nationalists playing for the North.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:33pm
How is he not at least in the 21's. Noel the plonker King has picked another uninspiring shocker of a squad Cry

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 05 Oct 2018 at 9:33pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

How is he not at least in the 21's. Noel the plonker King has picked another uninspiring shocker of a squad Cry

That’s it. Unless he hasn’t been cleared yet, King has to have him in. Not like we are overwhelmed with attacking and midfield talent 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 7:22pm
Do we know is there any reason this lad isn't in the squad for Wales?  

We are crying out for someone with his skill-set, so much so we've resorted to a full-back playing centre-mid.  

Is it a re-registration thing or what?  I'm puzzled MON hasn't been asked about him.

I know people will criticise the Erddivisie for its depth, but it does have three outstanding teams in Ajax, Feynoord and PSV in it, and Crowley's getting in to the team of the week fairly regularly now, so that implies he may have some serious quality - and at the very least should be in for us if at all possible.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

We are crying out for someone with his skill-set, so much so we've resorted to a full-back playing centre-mid.  

Is it a re-registration thing or what?  I'm puzzled MON hasn't been asked about him.

I know people will criticise the Erddivisie for its depth, but it does have three outstanding teams in Ajax, Feynoord and PSV in it, and Crowley's getting in to the team of the week fairly regularly now, so that implies he may have some serious quality - and at the very least should be in for us if at all possible.
Unfortunately he has a skill set MON isn’t interested in
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:06pm
No journalist asked him about Crowley so we really don’t know. MON spoke with him or his family a couple of years ago, around the time the England manager went to meet him at Arsenal. I’d guess O’Neill hasn’t seen him play recently.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:29pm
Cheers.  Infuriating.  

The team is crying out for a Wessi type player who can just take a few touches and keep possession.  

You'd swear MON and Trap before him simply think our lads can't even pass the ball. The truth is that most of our best 11 play in the PL or did so in the past year or two, so are fundamentally good players.  
Need to pick some ball-players in our team.  We're really not as cr@p as we've been made to look!

Really hope MON prioritises getting this lad on board.  

Although at this rate, by next March he could be playing for Ajax and Southgate will be in his ear again.  Lose another player by failing to get our arse in gear in time. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:35pm
A lot of them have very poor technical ability though. Many of them are signed for their 'traditionally Irish' attributes and are in teams where they are surrounded by technically superior players. Brady, Coleman and now Doherty, are our only really technically proficient players at international level.
I doubt Crowley is good enough for international football right now, I'm guessing though, like everybody else on here, based on the level he is playing at. I believe he is eligible for the 21s, I would imagine he would be a great addition there. Would that mean a switch and him being tied to is should his career progress?
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:40pm
Agree with everything in above from LAR... Conor Ronan is another we need to get on aboard at senior level... always looks a very tidy and technical player and very comfortable on the ball..
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Agree with everything in above from LAR... Conor Ronan is another we need to get on aboard at senior level... always looks a very tidy and technical player and very comfortable on the ball..
No risk in calling Crowley up, personally think he would be able. Why wait and risk losing him further down the line? As for Ronan think he may have switched, has not been involved in the last few 21 squads.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I'd say the main reason is that his transfer from england is still being processed. I'd say both he and Michael Duffy wont be available until the new year
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 2:59am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

No risk in calling Crowley up, personally think he would be able. Why wait and risk losing him further down the line? As for Ronan think he may have switched, has not been involved in the last few 21 squads.

Connor Ronan's switching as well?  Hadn't heard that.  Would be another big disappointment if true. Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 62>
  Share Topic