You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damien Duff League of Ireland bound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:01am
Said he's going to do some travelling around OZ and head home in April/May. Its fantastic news. Going to benefit the side he joins and every club in the league.

He`ll be back just in time to play for clubs in Europe.
And anyone that believes he's not good enough for our top clubs needs to have a look at these stats;
100 caps for Ireland
Over 400 games in England (mostly premier league)
2 tournaments with Ireland
Premier league winner
League cup winner
Good enough for Melbourne City to offer a lucrative contract to.

Its a pity he will be living in Dublin and be looking for a club around there. I would bite your hand off to have the man at Sligo.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:03am
Many players have gone to Tallaght with big reputations and faltered under the massive expectations.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:12am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Many players have gone to Tallaght with big reputations and faltered under the massive expectations.

I understand that. We`ve had that in Sligo, there isn't a club in the league that hasn't brought in a player with potential that hasn't delivered. But none of those players had even half the profile of Damien Duff. Keith Fahey, Stephen Mcphail, Colin Healy and Liam Miller were all Irish internationals. None of them won EPL titles. None of them were mainstays in the Irish set up.

I'm very excited about the prospect of the Duffer playing here.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:19am
In future, when writing sarcastically, I will write in a different font. Just go be clear.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:24am
If he's gonna be playing in Dublin you would imagine it's a shoot out with ourselves and rovers, I'd play him in the midfield 3!

Regardless of what the headers say, Duff (assuming his injury is not gonna finish him) can play top level LOI for at least another couple of years!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:43am
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

If he's gonna be playing in Dublin you would imagine it's a shoot up with ourselves and rovers, I'd play him in the midfield 3!

Regardless of what the headers say, Duff (assuming his injury is not gonna finish him) can play top level LOI for at least another couple of years!

be tight but I would back ye in a shoot up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 8:36am

In future, when writing sarcastically, I will write in a different font. Just go be clear.
LOLLOLLOL
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:11am

If he's gonna be playing in Dublin you would imagine it's a shoot up with ourselves and rovers, I'd play him in the midfield 3!

LOL
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:48am
Can't play if he's constantly injured, which sadly appears to be the case.  But would be great for him to play a season or two in our League, regardless who he decides to join.  Love Duffer.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 10:41am

nice spot
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:18pm

LOLLOL

Theres only one sport that matters..
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:21pm
Would be great to see him in the league. Obviously injuries could be an issue but if he is injury free I'm sure he would still be a top player in the league.
It's great to see some ex international players plying their trade here now. Would actually like to see more. It does raise the profile of the game here.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:46am

If he's gonna be playing in Dublin you would imagine it's a shoot out with ourselves and rovers,
You would assume so all things considered. But it won't be about money, so Devlin and UCD could come into play. I still think his injury could the major factor in where he goes.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:48am
He ll want european football I guess
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:55am
Even at his age now, he'd walk into any team in the league, anyone that says otherwise is off their head. Wouldn't be expecting a pacy duff, would be similar to last couple of years giggs played
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 12:54pm
A gig at UCD with a place on the Sports Management Course. He can do his coaching badges during that or after. He'll be well equiped to be a manager or coach like he said he wanted to on MNS.

If he was offered a gig at UCD with the Sports Management degree, he would be mad/arrogant to turn it down and just stick with the coaching badges.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:02pm
He can do that course at IT Tallaght with Rovers or Blanch with HMB....
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:10pm
I doubt he`d go to UCD. would he really want a year (at least) of playing FD football?
Its between Shams and Pats. I`d imagine one of them will have him tied down in the next month and my money is on Shams.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic