You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daboi's Fundraiser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daboi's Fundraiser
    Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:25am
Hows things YBIG

Have supported many a fundraiser in the past off here but unfortunately its my time to be fundraising. Over the last 5 or 6 years of every away trip I would have met lots of people off here. My Uncle would have been with me on several trips and would know lots of the folk on here. Most recenty came with me to the away leg in Denmark for the playoff. He was also the founder of the Sligo Rovers Manchester Supporters Club

Sadly 2 weeks after the playoff completly out of the blue he suffered a sudden cardiac arrest in bed while sleeping. His wife noticed the change in sound and called the emergency services

The paramedics restarted his heart after 51 minutes of CPR and over 15 shocks of their defibrillator. Credit to the NHS 3 ambulances arrived over the 51 mins and 6 paramedics took it in turns with the CPR. He was transfered to the North West Heart Centre in Manchester where he had stents inserted soon after arriving. For 9 days he received expert care but sadly on December 11th his life support Machine was turned off and we buired him a few days before Christmas. Ironically his heart was pumping fine in the end but he had no brain activity due to the damage caused by 51 minutes without oxegen. The NHS did everything for him but it sadly wasnt ment to be

The last time I saw him alive was in the Old English Pub at 5am in Copehnagen after the game when he left to catch his 7am flight home.

In his memory we are holding a fundraiser on Feb 10th to raise money for a public access defibrillator for his local village in South Manchester and later on in the year We will cycle from Manchester where he lived to his home town in Cliffoney Co Sligo. This will be done via ferry and via the isle of man

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jacqueline-foran

All Money raised after the purchase of the defibrillator will go to the Ticker Club

The Ticker Club is an association of ex-patients who have undergone some form of open-heart surgery or other cardiac procedures at Wythenshawe Hospital (UHSM), home to one of the country’s leading cardiac centres.

The Club, founded in 1987, offers support throughout the North West to those who are themselves experiencing heart or vascular problems, and to their families.

I will also be making a donation to the Irish Heart Foundation too

Any support will be greatly appreciated. I will allocate some raffle tickets to everyone who donates to be included in the draw on the night.(please put YBIG after your name) Also if anyone wishes to donate a prize please PM me and I will do likewise with the tickets

Prizes so far includes

Corporate Ireland Tickets
Corporate Manchester United Tickets
Premier League Tickets (several pairs)
Signed Ireland Memorbillia
Signed Manchester United Memorbillia Season 17/18
Signed Manchester City Memorbillia Season 17/18
Petr Cech Arsenal Match Worn Boots V Chelsea
Drop Kick Murphys Mechandise (personally sent by their manager Jeff Castelaz)
Rugby Tickets and Shirts
Signed Football Shirts

and loads more stuff (full list when we are finished collecting)

Many Thanks for your time

Fran (Daboi)

Edited by nvidic - 28 Feb 2018 at 9:17pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:44am
£20 from YBIG 

I'd a friend playing in the cages in Irishtown and a 40 year old guy collapsed in another cage, luckily the staff were on hand with a defib and he survived. My Inter7s leagues have raised money for one and it was put into the Spar in Ringsend, now all the Spar's have a project to get one into everyone of their stores
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:04pm

Just threw a few bob into the kitty...

Sean was a gent that will sadly be missed by his family and friends.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:32pm
Just over a week to go

Thanks to those from YBIG who has donated so far.

Have added in some more Manchester United and Manchester City Tickets Tickets in the last week

Lots of other premiership tickets and league 1 tickets of choice available, kindly donated by various clubs

some more player signed ireland gear has been added today

Still time for a few more throw into the kitty

As I said before everyone will get some raffle tickets for donating

Thanks again
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:42pm
Best of luck with it Franner
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm
Donated there, great cause
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 9:25pm

Signed Ireland and Signed England rugby jerseys added this evening
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
Donation made....all the best with raising the few bob.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:07am
Donation made. Sorry for your loss daboi. Great cause.
Here we go again
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:15am
Looking forward to this , should be a gret night. Hope I win the Waxy O'Connors vouchers in the raffleLOL
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 7:19pm
Once I get paid I'll sort ya out chief. Always a great lad for helping me with causes in the past and will happily return the favour.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:16pm
Thanks to you all . Gents
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Looking forward to this , should be a gret night. Hope I win the Waxy O'Connors vouchers in the raffleLOL

Already a huge huge crowd expected.   the whole manchester irish community possibly
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:31am
Daboi, is everyone that donated getting tickets for the raffle?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm
I would think so.. hoping I dont win any rugger stuff

" I will allocate some raffle tickets to everyone who donates to be included in the draw on the night.(please put YBIG after your name)"
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

I would think so.. hoping I dont win any rugger stuff

" I will allocate some raffle tickets to everyone who donates to be
included in the draw on the night.(please put YBIG after your name)"

Oops. I forgot to put ybig after my name. JC
Here we go again
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Daboi, is everyone that donated getting tickets for the raffle?

Yes they are mate I will write everyone who donated onto the back of a couple of strips and stick them into the box on the night
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:28pm
added over the weekend

One4all voucher

Signed match worn dave chisnall darts shirt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic