Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 52>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Just to remind you

This is what you said "Christie is the blatently better option."

Now I like Christie but he is a championship player. And tell me about your CP fans that wanted him out so bad? If Christie wasn't Irish we wouldn't even be having a discussion. 

You're still quote mining. The statement was clearly qualified by the following - "as an attacking full-back".

Now lets remind you of your wild assertion; that many Manchester United fans believed Fosu-Mensah (who made just 17 league starts for Crystal Palace last season, and finished the campaign as 3rd choice right-back behind the the greats Joel Ward and Aaron Wan Bissaka) was coming back to United to take the place of Antonio Valencia (who has been one of the best right-backs in the league for a few years now). You found this statement to be completely reasonable, yet you try to paint me as a madman for suggesting that Christie is better offensively than Fosu-Mensah? Now that really is comical...
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

ramuelmiller9 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramuelmiller9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:57pm
Cyrus Christie can't cross a ball without it hitting the first defender or going out of play, so how exactly is a better option as an attacking full-back
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
Think we're going over the top about Christie's attacking ability after he had a shot on target against Palace
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 4:39pm
Christie is a good crosser - he’s fast, can go past players and has a good shot. He always does well for us  I can never understand the criticism he gets here. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 5:14pm
He had never, ever been a good crosser. Has he been on some sort of footballing makeover show or something?
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

Christie is a good crosser - he’s fast, can go past players and has a good shot. He always does well for us  I can never understand the criticism he gets here. 

Totally agree - definitely one of the more positive and reliable contributors to the senior team. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 2:09pm
Dropped to the bench.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Dropped to the bench.

Can see him being in/out of the team depending who they're playing.

With Spurs today you'd imagine they'll sit back and be a bit more defensively minded with Fosu Mensah preferred.

With Burnley next week, he'll prob slot back into a more attacking lineup unless Fou-Mensah has a stormer today.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Dropped to the bench.

Can see him being in/out of the team depending who they're playing.

With Spurs today you'd imagine they'll sit back and be a bit more defensively minded with Fosu Mensah preferred.

With Burnley next week, he'll prob slot back into a more attacking lineup unless Fou-Mensah has a stormer today.

That's what I was thinking. Away to Spurs is one of the toughest matches in the league.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:46pm
Comes on as a sub now. Most of Spurs play has come down Fosu-Mensah's side, and he should have given away a penalty with a poor tackle on Kane in the first half, so probably not a bad afternoon from Cyrus' point of view.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Comes on as a sub now. Most of Spurs play has come down Fosu-Mensah's side, and he should have given away a penalty with a poor tackle on Kane in the first half, so probably not a bad afternoon from Cyrus' point of view.

I don't think it was a penalty. Kane looked off balance and it would've been a soft enough one imo. Might need to seereply it again though.

Most the attacks came down the left back's side especially in the first half where he was ripped apart by Spurs's wide play. You must've been watching that first half in green tinted specs tbh.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:12pm
It was a blatent penalty, made no contact with the ball and knocked into Kane, clear as day. I missed the first 30 minutes, but in the 2nd half absolutely everything came down his side. He was very sluggish getting back for Kane's goal, for example.
We're decent enough..
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 3:06pm
seems to be second choice at Fulham 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:39pm
starts vs City
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
Strange one, you'd expect they'll be doing a lot of defending in thatgame which wouldn't exactly be his forte.
We're decent enough..
Steve Shrewd View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Shrewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:16pm
Just scored an absolute cracker from about 30 yards out in the League Cup

Hopefully he gets a chance for them in the league again soon. Fosu Mensah has been very poor the last couple of times I've seen Fulham

5678 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Steve Shrewd Steve Shrewd wrote:

Just scored an absolute cracker from about 30 yards out in the League Cup

Hopefully he gets a chance for them in the league again soon. Fosu Mensah has been very poor the last couple of times I've seen Fulham

Has looked muck alright.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 3:35pm
Fousu mensah off jnjured possible elbow break, chance for christie now 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 52>
  Share Topic