You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus Christie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 52>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 7:18pm
knew he wasnt first choice didnt know he only played 135 mins in the league for fulham after joining, that's paltry.. looks like they are interested in a right back from besiktas according to the papers

Edited by amccarten313 - 06 Jun 2018 at 7:18pm
Sponsored Links

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:33pm
Saw Cyrus play for Fulham at the weekend over in Germany. The lad was great. Set up a goal and looked full of confidence. Looks settled in the RWB position.
Danger here, OH NO
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:49pm
really hope he starts the season as their first choice RB, not much time left now for them to bring in another...hope he kicks on, seems a likeable guy and always felt he has potential, needs to play every week
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

really hope he starts the season as their first choice RB, not much time left now for them to bring in another...hope he kicks on, seems a likeable guy and always felt he has potential, needs to play every week

They haven't signed anyone for that position. He's really their only choice. He looked great though
Danger here, OH NO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:37pm
Did he look improved technically too?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Did he look improved technically too?

No doubt. Was able to beat his man and actually get the pass off. Certainly better further up field as a wing back rather than playing in a back four. Fulham suits him. Ireland doesn't.
Danger here, OH NO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:48pm
That's good to hear, I'm still very sceptical about him but he should get a chance to prove himself again this season.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:50pm
Wing back sounds ideal for him really. Provided he can improve his final ball of course.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:54pm
He looks ideal for the “wing back” style of role, and with Coleman and Doherty in the setup, it would make sense to look at him in that role, especially as it would provide for some versatility.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Think Cyrus gets a lot of unmerited criticism he came in the side at a very difficult period replacing our Captain and arguable best player OK he wasn't great but he done well enough

Totally agree! Didn't have his best game in the Danish thumping, but I felt Clarke was by far the weakest link that night (screaming like a schoolboy at his teammates), not Ward or Christie. Christie kept his temper at least, like Duffy and Randolph. Have been impressed with Cyrus's performances in green so far.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:37pm

would be intrigued to see a back 3 of coleman-duffy-_____(lot of options here) with Christie at rwb and maybe Doherty/brady on the other side

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 6:00pm
Coleman isn't a central defender, any more than Brady is a number ten.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 7:55pm

Kyle Walker does it, and I would definitely say from a defensive point of view coleman is the better player
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Kyle Walker does it very badly, and I would definitely say from a defensive point of view coleman is the better player
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 9:18pm

seems to have worked pretty well for azpilicueta at Chelsea when they won the league 16/17, as just one example. don't see any reason why his pace, positional awareness/discipline, and defending ability would somehow preclude him from playing right sided CB. walker was mentioned and as he and Maguire did show for England, there are chances to step forward. I think it could suit coleman- seems short-sighted to just write it off and then bring up a comparison I never suggested
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 9:36pm
You play your best players in their best position. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:22pm
We have one of the best right backs in Europe, so why on earth would we waste him at centre-back?
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:31pm
Coleman at CB? 

How is this even a debate? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 52>
  Share Topic