Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current NI Squad - 7th March 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:12pm
Shea Charles looks quite good, albeit might lack the athleticism for the top level.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:15pm
Thought Bradley was the best player on the park tonight. He really looks like he could be something special. Still only 19 and a bit raw, but he really does have the potential to have a top level carer. I'd love to know of we ever chased him because he could have been the long term replacement for Coleman. Deffo one that got away 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Thought Bradley was the best player on the park tonight. He really looks like he could be something special. Still only 19 and a bit raw, but he really does have the potential to have a top level carer. I'd love to know of we ever chased him because he could have been the long term replacement for Coleman. Deffo one that got away 

There's a post on the second page of this thread that possibly explains why he is playing for the north. A sad situation for him if it's true.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

There's a post on the second page of this thread that possibly explains why he is playing for the north. A sad situation for him if it's true.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Was he ever asked to play for us is what I was wondering? I get the sense he was fast tracked so quickly in the senior team, he had even made our radar yet 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:43pm
Didn't Jim Crawford pass comment about the there being interested in him from the FAI and then he got his senior call up for NI.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:00pm
I suppose the other side of it is he has 12 senior caps now. If he went with us he'd probably have no caps and would have been playing down in Cork today instead of Sam Curtis. 

It's the Michael O'Neill argument I suppose, play for the north because the team is sh*tter so you'll get picked. Unlikely to work on any player who is genuinely set on playing for us, but for someone who isn't too bothered either way it might influence the decision.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:08pm
I'm not sure I entirely see the hype with Bradley, he's got good athleticism but I wouldn't say he's exceptionally skillful or anything. Looks a less talented version of Neco Williams from what I've seen.
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:32am
Poor defending for the goal. Really all over the shop. Made a fist of it afterwards, and had a few chances.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:14am
On a brighter note for the North, they're one appearance away from cap-tying young Isaac Price, 19 year-old academy midfielder at Everton.  

Doing a Shea Charles/ Conor Bradley on him - cap-tying him while he's still a teenager and an academy player.

Just watched the highlights there - NI were fairly unlucky on balance - poor finishing let them down. 

With different strikers Bradley would have had four assists to add to his goal saving block on Pukki.  

Bradley looks like he could become a serious player - shame to not have him in our camp. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 27 Mar 2023 at 3:32am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:40am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Poor squad but they will improve gave it everything and will be hard to beat .

They are absolute grim to watch! O’Neill would be on a good wage there too! Only look dangerous from set plays.

Their set plays were absolutely chronic! Dion Charles and Bradley look like livewires but are extremely raw
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:56am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Poor squad but they will improve gave it everything and will be hard to beat .

They are absolute grim to watch! O’Neill would be on a good wage there too! Only look dangerous from set plays.

Their set plays were absolutely chronic! Dion Charles and Bradley look like livewires but are extremely raw

Dion Charles is 27.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:00pm
Young Charles 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:23pm
I don’t want to get started on it but it’s such a pity for ourselves and the North we don’t merge to create one team. They are gonna proper struggle don’t have the players. Zero benefit to both nations. 
Watching them last night they have a couple of very promising young players in Bradley and Charles. Can see why Dortmund are closely looking at signing Shea Charles he looked by far the most composed midfielder on the pitch in the first half last night.

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Mar 2023 at 12:30pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I don’t want to get started on it but it’s such a pity for ourselves and the North we don’t merge to create one team. They are gonna proper struggle don’t have the players. Zero benefit to both nations. 
Watching them last night they have a couple of very promising young players in Bradley and Charles. Can see why Dortmund are closely looking at signing Shea Charles he looked by far the most composed midfielder on the pitch last night.

You must have watched the highlights, Shea Charles was poor last night there was a reason he came off when they needed a goal.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:29pm

Watching them last night they have a couple of very promising young players in Bradley and Charles. Can see why Dortmund are closely looking at signing Shea Charles he looked by far the most composed midfielder on the pitch in the first half last night.

You must have watched the highlights, Shea Charles was poor last night there was a reason he came off when they needed a goal.

Watched the first half and he was very good. Carved out a clear cut opportunity which led to Dion Charles missing a chance he should have buried. 

Did he go downhill in the 2nd half? 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:36pm

Watched the first half and he was very good. Carved out a clear cut opportunity which led to Dion Charles missing a chance he should have buried. 

Did he go downhill in the 2nd half? 
m
Midfield was bypassed mainly so maybe was a bit harsh calling him poor but didn’t do anything of note! Don’t see the hype yet to be linked with the likes of Dortmund.
GAWA View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:39am
Jeepers you’d think some were comparing the NI squad to Brazil on here.LOL
jon alexander
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:41am
Originally posted by GAWA GAWA wrote:

Jeepers you’d think some were comparing the NI squad to Brazil on here.LOL

We're not Brazil, we're Republic of Ireland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic