You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 4:56pm
Would love if they done another series but it's not looking that likely. Still 8 seasons has enough quality. 

One of my favourite scenes when Larry,Marty and Jeff go to see richard lewis's burlesque girlfriends show behind his back and larry notices a mole on her breast and tells her to get it checked out at the doctor. She goes and comes back to say she actually wants breast reduction much to the shallow fcuker lewis's anger. His reaction to her amd larry when she's tells him and the bollicking he gives larry after LOL 

"you looked at her mole with a goddamn telescope like galilleo jerking off from 40 feet away  "

Whats your favourite characters/scenes lads? 

Leon, Larry and Lewis are priceless 

Edited by irishmufc - 21 Jan 2013 at 5:00pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Would love if they done another series but it's not looking that likely. Still 8 seasons has enough quality. 

One of my favourite scenes when Larry,Marty and Jeff go to see richard lewis's burlesque girlfriends show behind his back and larry notices a mole on her breast and tells her to get it checked out at the doctor. She goes and comes back to say she actually wants breast reduction much to the shallow fcuker lewis's anger. His reaction to her amd larry when she's tells him and the bollicking he gives larry after LOL 

Whats your favourite characters/scenes lads? 

Leon, Larry and Lewis are priceless 

Leon is a serious buzzer! I love the way when the family leaves to go back to New Orleans that Leon just stays with Larry anway.

It's a brilliant show though - the storylines are generally pretty clever too. 8 seasons is probably enough though - would be a shame to see the show get diluted and crap!
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 5:26pm
One of the funniest shows ever.The scene where he accuses Lewis' nurse of stealing the baseball is absolutely hilarious
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 9:08pm
Love this show.

What about the episode where he's putting an obituary in the paper and it's supposed to say 'Beloved Aunt' but instead it says 'Beloved C*nt' LOL

Seinfeld is class too (which Larry David co-wrote), been watching it from Se1Ep1 over the past year or so, on Se6 at the moment. Will move on to watch Curb from the start after that.
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 9:37pm
Never got into this, didn't really like season one. Might give it another go tho.
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 9:39pm
The episode with 'Krazy eyes killah' is a classic, as is the 'car pool lane' one where he picks up a brazzer so he can use the car pool lane to get to the baseball game on time. Anything with Leon in it is f*cking hilarious!

Krazy eyesLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPZyX8wN8RU
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 11:07pm
Leon pretending to be an adopted Jew is brilliant too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riv1yzjg5vw
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

The episode with 'Krazy eyes killah' is a classic, as is the 'car pool lane' one where he picks up a brazzer so he can use the car pool lane to get to the baseball game on time. Anything with Leon in it is f*cking hilarious!

Krazy eyesLOL

Great show,must see TV.

The one where he ends up being told by some women he's working with that her daughter "has a rash on her pussy" is a classic!
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 11:21am
The one when he picks up John McEnroe in the limo and brings him to the Paul McCartney concert, two of them get locked and sit there reading Larry's "Freak Book". Get kicked out when they shout out what a freak as Heather Mills walks into the room. Comedy gold it is.

Another good one is when he pretends to be yiddish to get Lewis to the top of the doner list and gets stuck on the ski lift with the head surgeon guys daughter.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Krazy eyesLOL

Great show,must see TV.

The one where he ends up being told by some women he's working with that her daughter "has a rash on her pussy" is a classic!

Just found the clip,3 mins long,Ive just laughed for the solid 3 mins!LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg1QWKrWn5o

Edited by kimbap - 22 Jan 2013 at 1:34pm
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:38pm
Ah fcuk me! I forgot how much I love this show.LeonLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unrfl6PLVpA

ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:47pm
The episode where Larry kills the swan at the golf club. Tries to get his golf club out of the lads coffin.

Seinfeld is funnier in my opinion but Curb is still hilarious.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by ShannonHibs10 ShannonHibs10 wrote:

The episode where Larry kills the swan at the golf club. Tries to get his golf club out of the lads coffin.

The bit I loved was Larrys dipsh*t cousin insisted on ordering the onions fried in a certain way and Marty urging him top hurry up "Will you finish shovelling that sh*t into your mouth"LOL and they ended up getting delayed and having to play behind the slow golfer herb
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by ShannonHibs10 ShannonHibs10 wrote:

To be fair,Seinfeld is funnier than everything
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 2:59pm
I never got into seinfeld. I seen one episode years ago where Jason Alexander fell for a nazi or something and found it dry enough.Will give it another go. 

Any stand out episodes that I should watch first before I start from the beginning
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:08pm

I never got into seinfeld. I seen one episode years ago where Jason Alexander fell for a nazi or something and found it dry enough.Will give it another go. 

Any stand out episodes that I should watch first before I start from the beginning

Seinfeld is class,I would have Curb ahead of it but only just.
The character George is based on Larry David.
The two shows are very similar but curb is a bit less silly and a bit more controversial.
If you like one you'll defo like the other.
I would say start with season 1 episode 1 and take it from there.That way you can see the characters develop at the pace it was intended and get the full benefit of it.Both shows would be easily in my fav top ten comedies (and i watch way too much telly!)
If you want to start with one of the classics try"The Soup Nazi" based on a true character in NY as well.

ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

I never got into seinfeld. I seen one episode years ago where Jason Alexander fell for a nazi or something and found it dry enough.Will give it another go. <div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Seinfeld is class,I would have Curb ahead of it but only just.
The character George is based on Larry David.
The two shows are very similar but curb is a bit less silly and a bit more controversial.
If you like one you'll defo like the other.
I would say start with season 1 episode 1 and take it from there.That way you can see the characters develop at the pace it was intended and get the full benefit of it.Both shows would be easily in my fav top ten comedies (and i watch way too much telly!)
If you want to start with one of the classics try"The Soup Nazi" based on a true character in NY as well.

My 2 favourite Seinfeld episodes both heavily involve Frank. The Serenity Now is my favourite. A very close second would be the Strike, better known for Festivus.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm
Cheers lads. ill give it a shot.

Going back to curb, when your man alexander wont co ordinate the tip with larry. he s a proper sh*tbag in it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic