You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid travel question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid travel question
    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:44pm
I have been researching this quite a bit and asking around and cant come to a definitive solution.

Im looking to get to Luxembourg this Thursday.
I plan on flying into Brussels on Thursday morning, getting the train to Luxembourg and then getting the train to Cologne on Friday for my flight home.

I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday and have the little vaccination card but dont have the cert yet so reckon thats of no use to me. So I assume I'll still need tests going over and back but not fully sure how that works.

For example, will I be able to use the test I used to get into Brussels again to get into Luxembourg? and since Im travelling out of Germany the next day, where and when will I have to get the test to return home.

Just trying to figure out if the trip is feasible at this stage.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

I have been researching this quite a bit and asking around and cant come to a definitive solution.

Im looking to get to Luxembourg this Thursday.
I plan on flying into Brussels on Thursday morning, getting the train to Luxembourg and then getting the train to Cologne on Friday for my flight home.

I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday and have the little vaccination card but dont have the cert yet so reckon thats of no use to me. So I assume I'll still need tests going over and back but not fully sure how that works.

For example, will I be able to use the test I used to get into Brussels again to get into Luxembourg? and since Im travelling out of Germany the next day, where and when will I have to get the test to return home.

Just trying to figure out if the trip is feasible at this stage.

LOLClap
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm
Maybe ask the Irish embassy there?
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 1:32pm
Quick question here lads regarding travelling to England? With the news last week that the Irish living in England can now travel home without having to self isolate or take any covid tests whenever they get here! So will that mean that if your fully vaccinated you can travel over to England from here without self isolating also? Reason being is that a few of the lads in work are talking about heading over to Liverpool for the weekend on the 3rd September but i know that England isn't on the Irish green list yet but i was just wondering if it works both ways with if Irish families can travel home can you travel over under the same restrictions?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Quick question here lads regarding travelling to England? With the news last week that the Irish living in England can now travel home without having to self isolate or take any covid tests whenever they get here! So will that mean that if your fully vaccinated you can travel over to England from here without self isolating also? Reason being is that a few of the lads in work are talking about heading over to Liverpool for the weekend on the 3rd September but i know that England isn't on the Irish green list yet but i was just wondering if it works both ways with if Irish families can travel home can you travel over under the same restrictions?

There hasn't been any restrictions on Irish entry into the UK at any time during the pandemic, you'll be fine. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

There hasn't been any restrictions on Irish entry into the UK at any time during the pandemic, you'll be fine. 

Oh happydays i thought that there was a 10 / 14 day isolation period for anyone returning from a country that isn't on the green list as i thought that that would apply to England also. But if this is correct we will be on the beer all weekend in Liverpool as nearly all there restrictions will be lifted from tomorrow.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:14pm
Yep, you're all good unless things change, enjoyBeer
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Yep, you're all good unless things change, enjoyBeer

Lovely stuff cheers.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:30pm
As it stands, someone coming here from the UK, what's the procedure? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Nothing if your fully vaccinated then no cpr tests on arrival either Ireland or the UK.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 2:55pm

Nothing if your fully vaccinated then no cpr tests on arrival either Ireland or the UK.

You sure about that ? As it was would be good to have Dublin airport as an option again though I have pretty much booked Aug sept flights 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 8:18pm

No quarantine if fully vaccinated, from tomorrow 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic