You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid Denier Cliches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid Denier Cliches
    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:13am
A thread to collate all the vacuous, faux-profound rot peddled by snake oil salespeople

At the end of it, you, the reader, will be equipped to start their own Twitter or YouTube channel where you can play an anti-lockdown pound shop Tony Robbins and get loads of likes and positive comments from accounts with telephone numbers in their names

"The cure will be worse than the disease"

"It's a casedemic, not a pandemic"

"It's just a flu"

"I've had enough of this"

"I can't take it any more"

"This was always about selling vaccines"

"This is fascism"

"I'm sooooo angry"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:30am
The hospitals aren’t busy at all in reality 

Hardly any of these deaths are down to covid only 

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:45am
"These people are dying WITH Covid, not FROM Covid!"

"There's no evidence that says schools/pubs/shops/foreign travel/crowds at football matches/deliberately coughing in somebody's face in any way spreads the virus"

"Suicides have skyrocketed!" Where's your evidence? "The dogs on the street know this - actually here's a piece of fake evidence I pulled out of my arse!"

"Question everything" (ooh, profound)

"THE WHO SAYS LOCKDOWNS ARE A FAILURE""

"But New Zealand are locking down! That proves they failed!"

"Zero Covid fantasists/nutters/crazies/insert other ad hominem abuse"

"Sweden got it right, and despite all the evidence that shows otherwise, I'm now going to double down on that wrong position!"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:15am
(Breaking lockdown protocols) is good for my mental health
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:23am
I have no doubt that some people are struggling with their mental health, but I would wager it is those that HAVE to stay indoors that suffer the most. 

People claiming they are suffering from mental health because they can't do x, y or z including pints with the lads, is, as sid has put it, such a bad faith argument. Being annoyed is not a mental health issue. 

People demanding opening pubs or gyms or whatever up because of mental health will plunge those people who have to cocoon into an even deeper hole. Some of the sh*te on twitter this morning is f**king pathetic.

Using mental health as an argument in bad faith is really f**king low. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:26am
"Why is nobody getting the flu?"
Chips don't bounce
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:36am
#enoughisenough
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I have no doubt that some people are struggling with their mental health, but I would wager it is those that HAVE to stay indoors that suffer the most. 

People claiming they are suffering from mental health because they can't do x, y or z including pints with the lads, is, as sid has put it, such a bad faith argument. Being annoyed is not a mental health issue. 

People demanding opening pubs or gyms or whatever up because of mental health will plunge those people who have to cocoon into an even deeper hole. Some of the sh*te on twitter this morning is f**king pathetic.

Using mental health as an argument in bad faith is really f**king low. 
The way the "open it up ta fook" shysters have tried to use mental health as a weapon has evolved

At the start, it was "old people being told not to leave their houses is fascism"

Then it evolved into "we can open up and shield (another denialist cliche) the elderly and vulnerable"

What was "shielding" supposed to be? Staying indoors - the exact thing they were previously arguing against

Now it's "I want to make money and I'm going to invoke mental health as a blackmailing tool to open it up ta fook"

Anybody really concerned about mental health would have been concerned with things like proper furlough payments, provision of hotel accommodation to enable people living in households with multiple people to isolate, and indeed proper supports for businesses

But their answer is: open up now!

And they refuse to understand that means they will be closing again in three weeks when cases skyrocket again

Or they don't care
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:59am
It's a 'plandemic'!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:11pm
It's a scamdemic, made up by a new world order to control us etc....

Wake up sheeple
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:15pm
The one I find most ignorant is 
“Do you even know anyone who’s had it”
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:29pm
Lads the vaccine kills sperm. It’s all a plan to halt the growth of the population 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Wake up sheeple
Big Pharma, Deliveroo & Zoom Thumbs Down  Shower of ****s 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:33pm
"Latte-drinking liberals cheerleading the greatest attack on our civil liberties ever" (What's wrong with drinking a latte?)

"Face nappies"

Another really bizarre one that is cropping up lately and has a clear bang of far right ideology off it is: "Where are all the REAL men gone?" or "We need some REAL men"

There's a fierce bang of incelism off these  
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Wake up sheeple
Big Pharma, Deliveroo & Zoom Thumbs Down  Shower of ****s 
Sorry, you're on mute...LOL

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

"Latte-drinking liberals cheerleading the greatest attack on our civil liberties ever" (What's wrong with drinking a latte?)

That's Jamie Bryson's most used term on twitter. 
Quite funny as he can't pronounce his L's. 
Watte Dwinking Wiberaws. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:16pm
The new thing the deniers have been saying is that so many people in a care home have died despite getting the vaccine a few weeks ago 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The new thing the deniers have been saying is that so many people in a care home have died despite getting the vaccine a few weeks ago 

In the deniers' playbook, people die with Covid, not from it

And they die FROM the vaccine, not with it

They also seem to have a problem understanding that the vaccines take a while to work once it's stuck in your arm

And also that they aren't 100% effective, and were never claimed to be

Yet paradoxically, the vaccines are also used as justification for immediate opening up, even though they apparently don't work and also kill people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic