You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cost of going PL match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:51am
One thing that really pisses me off is people saying the stadiums are sh*t and the standard is sh*t, how do you expect to improve these without getting punters through the gate.

Sponsored Links

GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 4:28am
Ah jaysus lads. The more ya talk about it. The more I feel I'm missing out.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Packie this was a decent thread up to a couple of pages ago, if ya have anything good to add then post it up there like a good lad.

In fairness at least he has finally broadened his posting range to something that isnt Chelsea or the arse falling out of the premier league. Although i think he may be going down the route of the later.

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 5:33am
http://www.soccer-ireland.com/football-books/irish/who-stole-our-game.htm

Link to the book Wheelo mentioned in his post.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 5:53am

Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

how anyone can get excited watching "their" team on telly really baffles me Shocked, the worst kind of **** is the fella who will go to no games [maybe 1 or2]  at all during a season and then shell out for a cup final ticket Confused

You are just covering your own back here cos everyone knows that you go to a lot of Arsenal games as well as a lot of Drogs games, people are entitled to their opinion on the leagues and if people would rather go over a couple of times a season to watch the team they support rather than go to LOI football then that is their choice, think what you like of them but you are not better or worse for how you spend your money, each to their own and fuk all the EPL haters, I don't come on here asking how you all can go and watch the games every week and slate ya for it so what gives you the right to slate any EPL fans? None, simple as that, come back with all your **** mongoloid sl*ggings, I don't want to hear it as it is very repetitive at this stage.

once again the point has been missed Confused and i have developed arthritis from the amount of times i have had to abuse you by type, so from now on i will just call you a c u n t

barlow has been voted man utd armchair fan of the year for 10 years straight so he also is  very hard to get through to and has also missed the point of my original post.

if hes going to old trafford sunday week i might buy him an alcoholic beverage of his choice but i dont think he will leave the terracing of his living room so ill send a six pack of wifebeater round to him in a taxi so he can chill back and have  abeer see what the lads on sky have to say about the game before he come sback on here and repeats what they said on some ybig threads Wink
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 6:04am

Friday night 12/08/2011,League of Ireland, Premier DIvison, United Park, Drogheda, Co.Louth, Ireland

Match ticket: [I've a season ticket which works out at 5.60Euro per game]

Programme: 2Euro

Total Cost: 7.60Euro

Entertainment value 9/10

Saturday evening 13/08/11, English Premier League, St. James's Park, Newcastle, England

Match ticet: £36

programme : £3

Flight: £130

Total cost: £169

entertainment value 4/10

The above doesn't include accomdation and food etc

The point im I'm trying to make is you watch just as much wank in the EPL as you do in the LOI, no matter what club you support, the LOI just hasn't the profile or hype of the EPL and in the latters case you spend over 20 times more following a British team who don't give a f**k about you.

Clap Good post Qman
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 6:41am

how anyone can get excited watching "their" team on telly really baffles me Shocked, the worst kind of **** is the fella who will go to no games [maybe 1 or2]  at all during a season and then shell out for a cup final ticket Confused

So i take it you dont watch Arsenal when they are on the box?
Or if so, what is the minimum amount of games a person should attend to be deemed a Superfan like yourself?

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Or if so, what is the minimum amount of games a person should attend to be deemed a Superfan like yourself?

once again you cu n tforver have missed the point of my original post

Your a sad little gimp who sits behind a computer all day, you my friend are the cu nt. 

Also some of the stories ive heard about you are just plain embarrassing. You are the deifinition of an internet nerd.    

Your a sad little gimp who sits behind a computer all day, you my friend are the cu nt.

yes I have to be near the computer from the hours 9-5.30 its called working

Also some of the stories ive heard about you are just plain embarrassing. You are the deifinition of an internet nerd.

the one were i set on my own in the pub in london or the one were i caught an std off an estonian midget?

once again you have missed the point of my original post
PaddyBurke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBurke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:23am

How many times has Q man come on here and said the Drogs were good to watch? I enjoy a good standard of football and wish to spend it that way, you and Q man or whoever choose to spend it on LOI, fair play to yis but I don't see the attraction, been there many times and can't say I overly enjoyed it.

You're implying that LOI isn't a good standard of football. I can guarantee you that Cork City v Shelbourne last week was more entertaining than any EPL game this weekend. 5 goals, an electric atmosphere and great football that shows how good LOI poayers can be when they have 3,000 heads supporting them the whole game. How many EPL games had an electric atmosphere(or any atmosphere for that matter), 5 goals and super football???
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:24am

You are just covering your own back here cos everyone knows that you go to a lot of Arsenal games as well as a lot of Drogs games, people are entitled to their opinion on the leagues and if people would rather go over a couple of times a season to watch the team they support rather than go to LOI football then that is their choice, think what you like of them but you are not better or worse for how you spend your money, each to their own and fuk all the EPL haters, I don't come on here asking how you all can go and watch the games every week and slate ya for it so what gives you the right to slate any EPL fans? None, simple as that, come back with all your **** mongoloid sl*ggings, I don't want to hear it as it is very repetitive at this stage.

once again the point has been missed Confused and i have developed arthritis from the amount of times i have had to abuse you by type, so from now on i will just call you a c u n t

barlow has been voted man utd armchair fan of the year for 10 years straight so he also is  very hard to get through to and has also missed the point of my original post.

if hes going to old trafford sunday week i might buy him an alcoholic beverage of his choice but i dont think he will leave the terracing of his living room so ill send a six pack of wifebeater round to him in a taxi so he can chill back and have  abeer see what the lads on sky have to say about the game before he come sback on here and repeats what they said on some ybig threads Wink

Can't say I know any fan of an english club who has ever gone to no games during season and shelled out a sh*t load for a cup final ticket, your point is not valid there Q, need some new material for LOI non goers and also your personal sl*gs on here, I am sure whatever ya come up with will last for the next couple of years, I look forward to reading them Sleepy

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:26am
Originally posted by John Caulfield John Caulfield wrote:

How many times has Q man come on here and said the Drogs were good to watch? I enjoy a good standard of football and wish to spend it that way, you and Q man or whoever choose to spend it on LOI, fair play to yis but I don't see the attraction, been there many times and can't say I overly enjoyed it.

You're implying that LOI isn't a good standard of football. I can guarantee you that Cork City v Shelbourne last week was more entertaining than any EPL game this weekend. 5 goals, an electric atmosphere and great football that shows how good LOI poayers can be when they have 3,000 heads supporting them the whole game. How many EPL games had an electric atmosphere(or any atmosphere for that matter), 5 goals and super football???

Been to many LOI games through the years Johnny Bai and I still throw an eye on results, maybe it has improved, maybe it hasn't, end of the day I am happy with my decision and fuk anyone who thinks worse of me for it cos it doesn't bother me nor do you supporting Foras bother me, fair play to ya Thumbs Up

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:28am

once again you cu n tforver have missed the point of my original post

Spill the beans I4E Tongue

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:38am
I spoke to Quey in London, flogging badges he was, always the gentleman (in person)Wink
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 8:13am

Can't say I know any fan of an english club who has ever gone to no games during season and shelled out a sh*t load for a cup final ticket, your point is not valid there Q, need some new material for LOI non goers and also your personal sl*gs on here, I am sure whatever ya come up with will last for the next couple of years, I look forward to reading them Sleepy

Spot on sono lad Clap
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 8:19am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

I spoke to Quey in London, flogging badges he was, always the gentleman (in person)Wink

I'm sure he is a decent lad in person, but he obviously takes on a different persona when online.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 8:44am

I'm sure he is a decent lad in person, but he obviously takes on a different persona when online.

good looking bloke as wellEmbarrassed
PaddyBurke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBurke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 12:12pm

Been to many LOI games through the years Johnny Bai and I still throw an eye on results, maybe it has improved, maybe it hasn't, end of the day I am happy with my decision and fuk anyone who thinks worse of me for it cos it doesn't bother me nor do you supporting Cork City bother me, fair play to ya

I have no problem with it kid, living in Dublin wouldn't help form a good opinion of LOI, you're more than welcome to emigrate to Cork and get a taste of Irish football at it's best
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 5:36pm

That goes without saying I4E.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic