You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 642643644645646 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I wonder how long it will take to see J and J and AZ back in use?

And will they stop producing or will deliveries still be met?

Based on what Ursula Von Der Leyens saying today it looks like EU is politely moving away from these vaccines.  Denmark have suspended AZ fully. See @DaveKeating on twitter.

Interesting and yet nphet get dogs abuse on Twitter some of the same
People who were saying we should do what Denmark were doing with regard to securing extra vaccines.  

There is a template at play here on Irish social media which is Ireland is terrible and let’s pick a country that is doing it the opposite way and they are great and we are backward.  

Throughout this whole thing many of the same heads have basically had an a la carte picking of strategies from different countries and many of them are polar opposites but are popular for a time.  

We should have taken Sweden's Herd Immunity approach and we'd be done with this nonsense by now!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

they are canceling 2nd doses at the moment as they are prioritizing getting first doses.  

As a result they are taking a huge risk.  There are now people who have been told they won’t be getting their 2nd dose when they expected.  

Does anyone know the efficacy if you get 2nd dose 80 or 90 days after 1st dose.   No they don’t 

They have issued a statement saying there is no evidence it works beyond 3 weeks.  Massive game if roulette being played here. 

To call it roulette is ridiculous.

The British Medical association have approved this. You need to give them some credit.
Pfizer would have done tests on one dose and the BMA would have seen the results of this.

Pfizer are definitely not coming out and saying their drug does not work after 3 weeks. The question marks are around the efficiency after 3-12 weeks but the BMA would have seen trial data on this.

You are suggesting the vaccine enters cells and produces antibodies and t-cells for 21 days only and then they call it a day and remove themselves from the cells. 
In the real world the antibodies and t-cells stick around longer and the BMA would know this from similar vaccines.

I agree they handled it badly. They should have started the one dose from today rather than cancel existing appointments.

The difficulties with supply and distribution are forcing them to make this decision. I’m sure they would rather not have to but they believe it’s gives a greater number of people a fighting chance quicker.

Baldie stating the BMA are ‘taking a huge risk’ and playing ‘roulette’

Sound like you know more than the experts! 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:07pm

they are canceling 2nd doses at the moment as they are prioritizing getting first doses.  

As a result they are taking a huge risk.  There are now people who have been told they won’t be getting their 2nd dose when they expected.  

Does anyone know the efficacy if you get 2nd dose 80 or 90 days after 1st dose.   No they don’t 

They have issued a statement saying there is no evidence it works beyond 3 weeks.  Massive game if roulette being played here. 

To call it roulette is ridiculous.

The British Medical association have approved this. You need to give them some credit.
Pfizer would have done tests on one dose and the BMA would have seen the results of this.

Pfizer are definitely not coming out and saying their drug does not work after 3 weeks. The question marks are around the efficiency after 3-12 weeks but the BMA would have seen trial data on this.

You are suggesting the vaccine enters cells and produces antibodies and t-cells for 21 days only and then they call it a day and remove themselves from the cells. 
In the real world the antibodies and t-cells stick around longer and the BMA would know this from similar vaccines.

I agree they handled it badly. They should have started the one dose from today rather than cancel existing appointments.

The difficulties with supply and distribution are forcing them to make this decision. I’m sure they would rather not have to but they believe it’s gives a greater number of people a fighting chance quicker.

Baldie stating the BMA are ‘taking a huge risk’ and playing ‘roulette’

Sound like you know more than the experts! 

I don’t know more than them, I know less than 1% of what they have forgotten in their time.  I can’t say it anymore clearly that my knowledge  is minuscule compared to the British Medical Association or the EMA or NPHET or NIAC. 

I did think they took a risk and it paid off. Lots of other “experts” did not recommend taking that risk. 

It’s as equally valid to ask why do you think you know more than the EMA using your logic. 

You also stated that they handled it badly.  Using your logic, what gives you the qualification to criticise them for how they handled it.  

I seem to have got your back up for some reason.  

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Apr 2021 at 9:12pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:30pm
Denmark have pulled the plug on the Astra Zeneca altogether
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Probably not the best vaccine in the world!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Probably not the best vaccine in the world!
Thumbs UpLOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:23pm
Hospital Report tonight.174 Hospitalizations 48 ICU. Good News. Getting there. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 14 Apr 2021 at 10:25pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Can understand pausing these in one sense but I don't know if scientist's or researchers are going to be able to infer why these are occuring with Astrazenca and J and J vaccines and not the Mrna ones.

Or maybe they are occurring in mrna ones? 
Speculation I read last night - and it could be old news buy now - was what the pause in the US was so that healthcare professionals could get up to speed on how to identify sypmtom \ risks of clot developing from the vaccine and treat accordingly.

The number of cases is so low it would be very difficult to identify anything beyond this at present. I assume the expect more cases to arise as the cases I read about where post-jab day range of 6-12 days (could be wrong on the day range).
Yeah, there's way too many variables at play and the numbers are so low it's hard to come to any conclusion. Seems it more common in younger women. An abundance of caution doesn't seem very scientific.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:00am
How about Mick Wallace going to Iraq on holidays. LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:06am

Can understand pausing these in one sense but I don't know if scientist's or researchers are going to be able to infer why these are occuring with Astrazenca and J and J vaccines and not the Mrna ones.

Or maybe they are occurring in mrna ones? 
Speculation I read last night - and it could be old news buy now - was what the pause in the US was so that healthcare professionals could get up to speed on how to identify sypmtom \ risks of clot developing from the vaccine and treat accordingly.

The number of cases is so low it would be very difficult to identify anything beyond this at present. I assume the expect more cases to arise as the cases I read about where post-jab day range of 6-12 days (could be wrong on the day range).
Yeah, there's way too many variables at play and the numbers are so low it's hard to come to any conclusion. Seems it more common in younger women. An abundance of caution doesn't seem very scientific.
An abundance of caution in younger woman is the story of many a young man's love life...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

How about Mick Wallace going to Iraq on holidays. LOL

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOL

I think the clown emoji would be more appropriate for Wallace.

I really don't think his statements and tweets get the scrutiny that I feel the need. 

Edited by Het-field - 15 Apr 2021 at 12:52pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:54pm
Is there any politician on the left you like?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:56pm

Is there any politician on the left you like?

Yep. Plenty in the Labour Party, many of the SD's and a number of the left leaning Greens. There are also some SFers that I feel are good politicians even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 1:28pm
Imagine threatening people especially elderly people about getting the Astro jab, what a horrible bunch in charge we have
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:33am
Number of positive swabs dropping daily, well under 300 cases today methinks. Going well at the moment. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:55am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 10:06am
Down to 300 is great news, I think most were expecting a spike after Paddys Day and Easter, so great that we kept on the downward trend. 

Between the amount of Covid cases out there, and the number of vaccinated people, it looks like it's beginning to die out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 642643644645646 839>
  Share Topic