You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 347348349350351 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The government is making a right balls of this. 

Looking at gov.ie, it seems that so called wet pubs can open in both level 2 and 3. But yet Dublin are in level 2 or 2.5 and heading for 3 but yet the wet pubs still can't open. Do I have that right? Confused

Was suppose to have a night out next week. Was thinking of heading to naas in case pubs would be closed here but now might not even supposed to leave Dublin Angry

You do indeed from what I can make out. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

Can we get real, please. What difference is this going to do? It’ll do f**k all. What’ll encourage is people to leave pubs early and head to their house and drink instead, with no social distancing in place that you’d find out in restaurants. Further destroying pubs and restaurants who are struggling to survive. First time around we where told ICUs would be maxed, they weren’t, we’d run out of ventilators, we didn’t. The reality is we treat Covid much better than we did many months ago. 

Also, the Irish government is a f**king disgrace. Ryanair gave them a good battering in court today. 
Hospital's didn't reach capacity due to lockdown and various mitigation factors. Anyone who thinks we can adopt a Sweden style approach as business as usual doesn't realise how poor some of our hospital infrastructure are.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:28pm
Treatment of Covid may have improved somewhat but the point is you have to be in hospital to receive treatment for it

You can't just take a Lemsip
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Treatment of Covid may have improved somewhat but the point is you have to be in hospital to receive treatment for it

Actually you can just take a Lemsip, and most do. 99.999999999999990% do.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Looking at gov.ie, it seems that so called wet pubs can open in both level 2 and 3. But yet Dublin are in level 2 or 2.5 and heading for 3 but yet the wet pubs still can't open. Do I have that right? Confused

Its madness. It just doesn't make logical sense to attack Dublin pubs.
The only logic I can put to it is they are afraid if Dublin pubs are back open for business, it will lead to the likes of the British stag parties arriving in, there would be no way to police that sort of crowd and when videos go up of the lack of social distancing,  People will turn around and say "well you shouldn't have allowed them in, you should have made them quarantine or prosecute them for not like you threaten us with" and people will just get more disillusioned with the advice and restrictions and just do their own thing. To be honest, I think majority are pretty much there anyway, patience wearing thin with the cluster f**k of a 3 party government 

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Sep 2020 at 11:45pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Actually you can just take a Lemsip, and most do. 99.999999999999990% do.
Well you can take a Lemsip if you want, it's quite nice as a stand alone drink, especially the blackcurrant version, yum yum, but it's not going to improve cases of Covid which need to be treated in hospital, only hospital treatment has a chance of doing that
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:50pm

The only logic I can put to it is they are afraid if Dublin pubs are back open for business, it will lead to the likes of the British stag parties arriving in, there would be no way to police that sort of crowd and when videos go up of the lack of social distancing,  People will turn around and say "well you shouldn't have allowed them in, you should have made them quarantine or prosecute them for not like you threaten us with" and people will just get more disillusioned with the advice and restrictions and just do their own thing. To be honest, I think majority are pretty much there anyway, patience wearing thin with the cluster f**k of a 3 party government 
It doesn't make sense to open Dublin pubs at the moment, that's the long and short of it, because cases are rising considerably, and it's only September 16th

Long, hard winter of this ahead, people are just going to have to get used to it

Should have suppressed the virus during the summer when we had the chance

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:59pm

Hmmm i wonder what the logic might be at this present time. Think a small bit and it might become clear. Got it? No
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 12:14am
Not good tidings from Brexitland

I'd like to hear the logic of people who believe that 38k new Covid infections per day would improve the prospects of finding undiagnosed medical conditions or improve the prospects of those already suffering with unconnected medical conditions

Would also like to hear the logic of how it would improve mental health among the population at large, and economic performance

https://twitter.com/globalhlthtwit/status/1306351773356118022

I’m hearing from a well-connected person that government now thinks, in absence of testing, there are 38,000 infections per day. Chris Whitty is advising PM for a two week national lockdown.

Edited by sid waddell - 17 Sep 2020 at 12:18am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:13am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Hmmm i wonder what the logic might be at this present time. Think a small bit and it might become clear. Got it? No

Give over smart arse. The point is they might as well tear up or amend their 5 level plan they just released as their own master 5 level plan says pubs can open, with the restrictions increasing along the way but only really closed to public at level 5. So either its illogical,  their thick as f**k, they f**ked up or they have a hidden agenda. Either way, its another own goal by this shambolic 3 party government. 

On pubs and the rising number, they are on the rise anyway, without pubs open. Pubs will only be allowed open under the strict conditions that exist for restaurants and other retail, etc. The guards have powers to close places down on the spot. It just seems very unfair that they are singled out.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:52am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Can we get real, please. What difference is this going to do? It’ll do f**k all. What’ll encourage is people to leave pubs early and head to their house and drink instead, with no social distancing in place that you’d find out in restaurants. Further destroying pubs and restaurants who are struggling to survive. First time around we where told ICUs would be maxed, they weren’t, we’d run out of ventilators, we didn’t. The reality is we treat Covid much better than we did many months ago. 

Also, the Irish government is a f**king disgrace. Ryanair gave them a good battering in court today. 
Hospital's didn't reach capacity due to lockdown and various mitigation factors. 

Stop, he already knows this. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:53am

The only logic I can put to it is they are afraid if Dublin pubs are back open for business, it will lead to the likes of the British stag parties arriving in, there would be no way to police that sort of crowd and when videos go up of the lack of social distancing

They will have to get past the 14 day quarantine before they get near a Dublin pub. Even 10 is long enough. So they'll stay at home. 

The UK has decided to impose curfews at times that people don't meet in large groups, and most places are not open. 

No wonder they have 40k deaths.

Edited by planning - 17 Sep 2020 at 1:51pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:01am

Edited by the_walls - 17 Sep 2020 at 9:04am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:38am
Why is the government surprised that the spread rate is higher in Dublin? Surely this would have been expected given nearly a 1/4 of the country's population live in 5% of the land mass.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:38pm
https://twitter.com/Tom_Glenwright/status/1306539316252999680

LOL

Edited by coyne - 17 Sep 2020 at 1:39pm
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:31pm
The joy this brings me LOL How is this poor man going to take on anyone in a debate never mind Trump. 

Edited by Olaf - 17 Sep 2020 at 2:32pm
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:34pm

The joy this brings me LOL How is this poor man going to take on anyone in a debate never mind Trump. 

Bill "Tide Goes In, Tide Goes Out. You Can't Explain That" O'Reilly.
Danger here, OH NO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:37pm
He has no issue supporting a president who advocates drinking dettol though
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 347348349350351 839>
  Share Topic