You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 770771772773774 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Pantos can go ahead.. but dont bring the kids.............................
absolute morons

OH NO THEY AREN'T!

Clap
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:03am

absolute morons

OH NO THEY AREN'T!

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm
So looking like a negative PCR test taken up-to 72 hours before arrival into Ireland will be mandatory for everyone. 

So, if say Im heading to England or wherever for a night or two does that mean I can get a PCR done the evening before I depart ( my PCR for Azerbaijan had a 4-8 hour turnaround for the result) head off, come home within the 72 hours and present the negative PCR taken before I left? Seems a bit (very) farcical if thats the case. 

There will likely be the option for a professional Antigen test too.

Edited by Sham157 - 30 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 3:50pm

So looking like a negative PCR test taken up-to 72 hours before arrival into Ireland will be mandatory for everyone. 

So, if say Im heading to England or wherever for a night or two does that mean I can get a PCR done the evening before I depart ( my PCR for Azerbaijan had a 4-8 hour turnaround for the result) head off, come home within the 72 hours and present the negative PCR taken before I left? Seems a bit (very) farcical if thats the case. 

There will likely be the option for a professional Antigen test too.

Where does one get a PCR test when abroad?  If you test positve you are f**ked.  You'll be forking out for another 10-14 days in a hotel.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 3:54pm
Fairly easy to book a PCR in or near any airport these days
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 7:17pm

Complete pain - I have 3 trips 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 7:27pm

[QUOTE=Sham157]

If you test positve you are f**ked.  You'll be forking out for another 10-14 days in a hotel.

And thats the problem. Was supposed to go to Edinburgh for few days this weekend but thats gone now. Im sure I arrange a test in Scotland before coming back to Ireland but if its positive we are rightly screwed. Just not worth the chance. Money gone and no break before Xmas CryCry
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:00pm
Those pre-Christmas Aer Lingus weekends in NYC beginning to look a tad expensive. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Those pre-Christmas Aer Lingus weekends in NYC beginning to look a tad expensive. 
Not sure, the cost of a PCR test about the same as 4 or 5 drinks in midtown Manhattan.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

[QUOTE=Sham157]

If you test positve you are f**ked.  You'll be forking out for another 10-14 days in a hotel.

And thats the problem. Was supposed to go to Edinburgh for few days this weekend but thats gone now. Im sure I arrange a test in Scotland before coming back to Ireland but if its positive we are rightly screwed. Just not worth the chance. Money gone and no break before Xmas CryCry

Haven't left the country since Covid.  Booked flights for Paris in January about a week ago.  Doubt it will happen now.  No way would I risk being stranded in quarantine in Paris.  Would cost another couple of grand.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

absolute morons

OH NO THEY AREN'T!

LOL

Clap LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 11:42pm
While PCR / Antigen tests are an utter pain in the hole, the plus side you should see a reduction in airfares as demand will drop.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:50am
Is anyone who has a holiday booked gonna be put off by needing a test? Do ya think anyone's cancelling or not going to Spain/New York becuase of it?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Is anyone who has a holiday booked gonna be put off by needing a test? Do ya think anyone's cancelling or not going to Spain/New York becuase of it?

Bit of a wait and see really as you well know things change by the day .

Had a chat about this with the wife and we have decided to travel at the end of the month and suck up the PCR tests , my only fear is if i get a positive test while away and not be able to get back to Ireland .
I know that  travelling to Belfast is a way out but just saying .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Bit of a wait and see really as you well know things change by the day .

Had a chat about this with the wife and we have decided to travel at the end of the month and suck up the PCR tests , my only fear is if i get a positive test while away and not be able to get back to Ireland .
I know that  travelling to Belfast is a way out but just saying .
If you are traveling into Belfast from outside of the UK then you need a PCR test also. 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 9:52am

Booking or the cost of PCRs isint really the issue. The problem starts if you are positive and then they wont let you on the plane to Ireland. 10 days in a hotel at your own expense. And if you have a family you could all end up in a hotel room ... and if only one person has Covid then people end up getting Covid at different stages and you could be there for weeks. Just not worth the gamble. Cry
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:06am
why are y’all talking about a PCR when an antigen test is also an option. I know which wan I’d be getting 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

why are y’all talking about a PCR when an antigen test is also an option. I know which wan I’d be getting 
I believe I did mention Antigens further back, However, timescales for Antigen test and PCR tests are different

Edited by Sham157 - 01 Dec 2021 at 10:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 770771772773774 839>
  Share Topic