You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 673674675676677 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Can't see anyway that the UK fully opens up in 2 weeks. 

They should just keep the status quo which is open but no large crowds and wear a mask inside.

I’m surprised they haven’t ramped up the vaccines by now.
I thought they would have mass vaccination centres for the under 30’s and just jab them all twice within a month. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 10 Jun 2021 at 11:16am

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:17am
Do most of the vaccines have that month gap between the 2 jabs? I take it Pfizer & Moderna do.

Is AZ the same? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Do most of the vaccines have that month gap between the 2 jabs? I take it Pfizer & Moderna do.

Is AZ the same? 

They recommend a few weeks apart to give the body a chance to react to the first one and the second is a booster. 

Have to say I was fine for the 1st but this second wan has knocked me out. (AZ). Sweating like a pig here. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I already had it.

I didn't think I'd feel unwell since I got it. I got a terrible night sleep too which doesn't help. Should be grand this evening I reckon.

A mate of mine had Covid earlier in the year and reckoned that the effects of the 2nd Pfizer jab were worse than the effects of Covid. All depends from person to person though.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:36am
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 12:35pm

If anything, they’re giving out sounds that they’ll be going the other way, rather than fully opening up. Which I don’t get at all. 

After what happened to those poor holidaymakers that went to Portugal, people must surely be wondering what’s the point in being vaccinated if we’re still going around with masks, not allowed travel, have restrictions to prevent a normal life, etc.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

If anything, they’re giving out sounds that they’ll be going the other way, rather than fully opening up. Which I don’t get at all. 

After what happened to those poor holidaymakers that went to Portugal, people must surely be wondering what’s the point in being vaccinated if we’re still going around with masks, not allowed travel, have restrictions to prevent a normal life, etc.

they will run with the status quo for a few more weeks past the june date and have localised lockdowns if need be - there wont be another national lockdown and that being 'on the level'
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 2:12pm

What's the big fookin deal with wearing a mask even after your vaccinated?! 

Poor holidaymakers LOL . And I thought the Gazans had it bad. 

This pandemic isn't over so the restriction of overseas travel and the minor inconvenience of having to wear a mask for another while is hardly the end of the world. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

they will run with the status quo for a few more weeks past the june date and have localised lockdowns if need be - there wont be another national lockdown and that being 'on the level'

I think localised lockdowns are as bad, how are businesses supposed to plan, etc when it could be them next week been locked down. What way is that to live?

The whole thing has been a jokeshop from the start.

We were told the vaccine was going to be the silver bulletin. It hasn’t been - those vaccinated are still going to be restricted in what they can do, have to wear masks, can’t plan holidays as countries could change colour on traffic light system, can’t properly plan opening businesses if localised lockdowns are going to be the norm, etc.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 2:47pm
Copenhagen increasing crowds to 26,000 in a smallish stadium for the euros when they have 122 people in hospital with covid. There are 76 in hospital with Covid here. Thank goodness we are being cautious.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Copenhagen increasing crowds to 26,000 in a smallish stadium for the euros when they have 122 people in hospital with covid. There are 76 in hospital with Covid here. Thank goodness we are being cautious.

Whats that, about 60% capacity? I think if managed correctly and it being outdoors I'd imagine its a very low risk event. From memory, the only way to the stadium was them mad scooters, taxi or walking, so the risk of transmission would be reasonabley low.

Having fans in the stadium also takes them out of city centre bars and fanzones.

What I can't get my head round is the scenes from the Stade de France the other night where they let 5k in, and then have everyone sat together.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:48pm
That “test event” in the Iveagh gardens this evening looked utterly depressing. 
What were they expecting to learn from it? What’s the ridiculous aversion to antigen testing? And why could you have more people safely in an area that size?
 Really seems like a half arsed attempt to humour young people
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm
It looked like North Korean propaganda with all these cool young people pretending to have a great time!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

It looked like North Korean propaganda with all these cool young people pretending to have a great time!

Get used to it.

Re below article, , what’s the point of being vaccinated with a requirement for being tested, etc? Every person on ship was vaccinated ffs.  This virus is going to be around for years, society would just want to accept it and let us live our lives again 

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:10pm

35 people in ICU, in a population of 5,000,000. That's why we can't host the Euros, like the rest of Europe can. 

Fair play to the Danes and the rest of them, as they're obviously fully confident that their health systems can cope with reduced capacities of socially distanced, vaccinated spectators, in outdoor football stadia. 

Edited by planning - 11 Jun 2021 at 3:11pm
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

35 people in ICU, in a population of 5,000,000. That's why we can't host the Euros, like the rest of Europe can. 

Fair play to the Danes and the rest of them, as they're obviously fully confident that their health systems can cope with reduced capacities of socially distanced, vaccinated spectators, in outdoor football stadia. 

If we had qualified then we would be hosting. But in no way is it worth it giving up the Aviva as a vaccination centre to host football and welcome in international travellers. 100% correct decision to give up hosting games in Dublin.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

If we had qualified then we would be hosting. But in no way is it worth it giving up the Aviva as a vaccination centre to host football and welcome in international travellers. 100% correct decision to give up hosting games in Dublin.

Exactly sausy and very little benefit to hosting the euros considering limited amount of people traveling at the moment and Ireland didn’t qualify. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:07pm
Nonetheless we are still the only (ex) host country incapable of hosting four games of football in a  vastly reduced stadium capacity. Bottom line.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 673674675676677 839>
  Share Topic